It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sy Hersh confirms: Syrian facility bombed by Israel was not nuclear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sy Hersh confirms: Syrian facility bombed by Israel was not nuclear

rawstory.com

After Israel bombed a Syrian military facility last September, the United States and Israel both claimed the target had been a Syrian nuclear facility under construction.
Hersh writes in that article, "Whatever was under construction, with North Korean help, it apparently had little to do with agriculture -- or with nuclear reactors -- but much to do with Syria's defense posture, and its military relationship with North Korea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice to see some evidence on this. How a country can just bomb another country and this not be viewed as an act of war says it all. Of course the israelis won't divulge specific details (unless some information has come forward) and they have the backing of the US. Syrias legitimate complaints complaints only fall on deaf ears. As the article states this may have been posturing by the israelis to show Iran what's coming up.

brill

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What did the Syrians have to say about having this facility being bombed? Did they say it was a milk factory? They seem to have kept quiet about it for some reason.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I bet KJI has sold off one or more suitcase nukes to Syria. Related thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
What did the Syrians have to say about having this facility being bombed? Did they say it was a milk factory? They seem to have kept quiet about it for some reason.

Well that is part of the problem here isn't it
Obviously any response communicated by Syria would be met heavily with a counter response from western media.

The fact that you chose to indicate a 'milk factory' is daft and unfortunately almost expected given your other posts.
Is Syria not entitled to install and maintain defensive measures to protect themselves and, god forbid, on their own soil. If you can prove the nuclear aspect here by all means please do, but this is just one varying report that needs to be heard. Are you that simple minded in your responses and logic to not see that this should have been interpreted as an invasion. Imagine for a second some country arbitrarily bombing you with hardly any international response. Please astonish me with yet another contrived response. I'm breathless with anticipation.

brill

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmm I haven't posted much on this topic but I have been following events on the boards. The fact that Syria has remained silent suggests that they had no cover story readily available. As for the target I don't hold a definite(SP?) opinion none of the explanations particularly grab me.

Could it have been a set up by Syria and Iran to test Israel response and military capability ?

It is possible that the CIA and the Mossad were feed a steady stream of dis information. Unless the the intel was confirmed by someone on the ground the IDF could have bombed nothing but a movie set.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, it seems like just another non-information speculation to me.

Was it a nuclear facility?

Was it a missile rearmament factory?

Why was North Korea the only country that stood up for Syria?

Obviously, Sy Hersh doesn't have the answers. And to give out what was actually going on there may give expose how others knew what was going on there. So I'm fine with not knowing until things settle down and we can put it in the history books.

Your pal,
Meat.

top topics

join