It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My IE7 browser keeps refreshing thanks to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Casalemedia.com ads on ATS loading slow, hanging and just plain old using a push technology to refresh there ads on my browser screen.

This casalemedia.com slows my computer by not loading which holds my browser from finish rendering the page. I have to wait for the page to finish before scrolling to the news. Than, when reading a page, the ad keeps refreshing and I hear my browser clicking.

ANNOYING! :bnghd:

I think ATS has to look at how they setup casalemedia to show ads. Somethings wrong and it hangs my browsing on ATS.

To solve the problem, I had to go into my security settings and block casalemedia.com. Now I don't wait for casalemedia to load and not have to view there ads.

Any one else seeing and affected by this problem!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I've notice something about the automatic refresh feature of my browser. But as I'm composing this particular reply to your topic, I've not noticed any refreshing done on other browsers opened to ATS. I hope the ATS team would look into this matter and get back to us soon.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hey, Maybe this will help. Go to, www.ie7pro.com/ After its downloaded enable Ad Blocker. I have been reading about these ads everyone is talkin about. I have not seen any adds. This is the only ad blocker I have enabled. Give it a try. It has plenty of other tweeks that comes with it.
PS- Make sure you close all programs before installing and restart your computer even if it does not tell you to. Let me know if it stops the ads here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Yeah, I've notice something about the automatic refresh feature of my browser. But as I'm composing this particular reply to your topic, I've not noticed any refreshing done on other browsers opened to ATS. I hope the ATS team would look into this matter and get back to us soon.

The casalemedia ads don't show on all pages but one shows at the header and footer of the page you post reply from. I also noticed it in the footer of the home page. It appears in the sidebar and header of certain pages as well.

I have anti-phishing software with anti-virus and about a week ago I had an alert casalemedia attempted to install some program while I was on ATS. I could see in the lower bottom left of my browser there was flashing a casalemedia web address being parsed first than above top secret was appended to the as.casalemedia.com..., abovetopsecret.com.... I think casalemedia was intercepting my browser request and forwarding to ATS.

I have casalemedia blocked now with IE7 security settings and the browser refresh clicking has stopped.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Hey, Are you saying that you are still getting adds only in certain pages but no longer have the clicking when you refresh the browser? If so let me know and I'll look into it further for you. Did you restart after tweeking? Sorry it took so long to reply.

[edit on 2/3/08 by TEMELUCHUS]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TEMELUCHUS

No more clicking and no more casalemedia ads. I went into my browsers security settings and blocked casalemedia from dropping cookies into my new vista quad machine and no more seeing there ads. My browser works much better now that casalemedia on ATS is blocked.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Good to hear. Don't know if I was any help but if I was feel free to contact me if you need anything. Have a great day!

top topics

join