It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some non-Christians feel left out of election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Some non-Christians feel left out of election

news.yahoo.com

DALLAS (Reuters) - In a U.S. election campaign where presidential candidates from both major parties have talked openly about their Christian faith, some non-Christians feel shut out or turned off.
....About 75 percent of the U.S. population, long a melting pot of immigrants from around the world, identifies itself as Christian, according to several estimates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How can people say that the US isn't a Christian nation? It is very clear that our election process is very heavily influenced by faith. I just do not see how you can mix the two when the Constitution states we are not supposed to. I am sure this will have a lot of faithful saying I told you so and boo hoo for the non-believers, but you can't deny the feelings people get when faith issues are part of an election. This to me proves that religion is a very strong part of our government process and ideologies. The political parties in our system IMO, have discovered a way to get the votes they need.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news articles

sorry mods please close thread, DimensionalDetective has started this topic already. Search just cmae up. Here is a link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/3/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Beat ya to it palehorse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree though. This to me is bizarre. Church and state are no longer seperate.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Whew! you two are some serious newshounds

Keep it up, you'll put me into retirement

As mentioned already this is already being discussed, please add to the link provided in the previous post.

Closed.

top topics

join