It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Judge: Law penalizing businesses that hire illegals OK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Fed Judge: Law penalizing businesses that hire illegals OK

www.worldnetdaily.com

'You are going to see this decision quoted by cities across the country'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 2, 2008
8:05 p.m. Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

The right of a small town in Missouri to deal with the cost and crime caused by the influx of illegal aliens has been upheld by a federal judge who ruled the community's ordinance penalizing local companies that hire undocumented workers is not pre-empted by federal law, does not discriminate against Hispanics and does not violate due-process rights or state law.
The ruling late Thursday by U.S. District Judge E. Richard Webber was in favor of Valley Park, Mo., located about 20 miles west of St. Louis.

Valley Park is one of several cities across the U.S. that have attempted to address the problems resulting from illegal immigration and the failure of the federal government to address the issue.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This should get things stirred up. I expect to see the protestors out in full march. LOL

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good job, judge!

The only way to correct this problem is to go after those that cause it: The law-breaking businesses that hire illegal aliens for cheap labor.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Please for crying out load.. get a better source!

I cannot take a damn thing the WND says seriously..

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here, after an easy five minute search, once again, is the story from the original news source, rather than the less than unbiased WND:

STLToday.com | St. Louis Post-Dispatch | Judge backs Valley Park's push against hiring illegal immigrants

From the article:

"The only authority granted to employers under the ordinance is the authority to refuse to hire an individual who fails to provide the documentation, required by federal law, showing employment status," Weber wrote in his ruling, which was released late Thursday.

Make of that what you will, but originally the town also wanted to penalize landlords who rented to undocumented immigrants.

Under pressure from the ACLU, among others, that ordinance was eventually repealed.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Good, Glad to hear that. They are putting huge strains on our education systems too. I just love seeing the Mexicans around here driving nice new F-250s while 12 of them live in one house and ruin the neighborhoods
I want that wall up and I want it now please.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Please.....search the internet as goos points out. The original source is not always from the OP article....*sigh*
If you can find more than one article on the same subject, then does it matter which one is posted in the original thread? Give it a rest. We know you do not like WND, but they are a source as is many other sites that get stories from bigger sources. This is why we are here, to debate the topic. If you feel it isn't truth then say so, but do not bash OP's because of where the topic comes from.

On, topic, good for the judge. We should be hiring our own before hiring people not even supposed to be here. Which, no matter where it comes from, we all no happens all too often in this country. Business' want cheaper labor if it means bigger profits for them.

Good post DD!!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I made more in high school is the 80's then I do now. Business's can afford to hire 'illegal' *snip* for 8 or 9 bucks an hour now. It makes me sick and will be selling house in spring. Everything I worked for for 23 years.
I feel the love....not.

Mod Edit: Removed deragatory term

[edit on 2/4/08 by FredT]

new topics

top topics

join