Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an "enemy weapons system"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

With regards to magic in chips it has to be said that as soon as new technology is released there are people who take joy in taking them apart and examining them to see what technology is used and how it works.
eg. the apple iphone. locked to the O2 network in uk, supposed to be hard to unlock but within days of it going on sale hackers had unlocked it to work with any sim.
Its good to know that there are knowledgable people out there who are almost self regulating what comes out and checking to see how it works.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo2012
I get the impression that some people think the internet is in a room at the pentagon and they can see all.
The internet was made by hackers, the type that like to explore and figure out how things work. Crackers are those who destroy systems.
Anybody can set up a server and store information on it for others to access. To say the gov. let the internet loose on us is not true. Yes they used it as a way to share info but if they had a control of it i,m sure you would be paying them for it.
Read the ebook "underground". It follows the australian hacking scene in the late 80s. They were teenagers who set up there own networks to share hacking information and tools and it details their exploits into system cracking. Yes they got caught, but this was the early stages.
Hackers are always looking for things that shouldnt be there.
The sony rootkit is one. Sony placed rootkits on their cds which auto downloaded onto your pc. Its was found and sony released a patch to get rid of it. This also shows how much us folk are underestimated.
Apple, hd, blueray all said that their copyright could not be hacked but they all were.
The internet cannot be controlled.
Anything that is put in place to monitor will most likely be found.

I'm not sure if this post was directed at My post or not, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that the "Internet" is a room at the Pentagon. I do know however that the financial aspects of its creation was funded through many different facets of the Pentagon and the Department of Defense. Yes, the internet can be stopped. If you really truly believe it can not be stopped, go ahead and do not pay for your internet provider bill, or electricity bill for example. Oh yeah, by the way, just because you pay those bills, it does not mean that some Federal Agent will not show up at the internet company you use or your local power company and tell them to cut you off, if they have a desire to do so.

Every website you visit is tracked, every word you post here, is shoved through countless number crunching computers looking for keywords, to see if YOU are a "terrorist", whether it is the definition of an Islamic Fundamentalistic Extremist or a "Plain American Home-Grown Terrorist" like Timothy McVeigh. Yes, the internet has hackers and crackers, or criminal hackers on it, the crackers will be designated as "homegrown electronic terrorists" soon enough. The reason for that is simple, they destroy computer safety to become a financial predator and bilk people through identity theft in many various ways, disrupt the normal flow of economic diversity and various other nasty little crappy things like that. There was a newstory I saw on TV where a guy was actually arrested for being an "internet terrorist" but it was a year or more back and I don't know which TV station it was on. If someone wants to go looking for it, feel free to do so.

The staging ground has been set, it's on your TV, internet homepage, website blog, e-mail, and movies, and the R.O.E., or Rules Of Engagement have changed through the bypassing of the U.S. Constitution through the U.S.A. PATRIOT Act to label anyone the government deems as a threat, by the nefarious "enemy combatant" or "person of interest" or "terrorist suspect."

[edit on 4-2-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Its all about controlling YOUR access to info...

Exactly. AND the info you are exposed to.

This topic has been discussed before as other posters have stated and, yes, the article is really talking about how the Pentagon views the internet as a threat but it is a two way street. Long before they viewed it as a weapon against the U.S., they were successfully using it as a Silent Weapon against the citizenry to control the data that effects our cultural consciousness or collective psyche. User beware.

Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars - A Must Read Article For ATS

Independence
Journal

Over the course of the past several years of our linguistic sweepings study, we have become aware of many organized groups who also are sweeping/mining/polling for their own purposes.

Approximately 3/three years ago, we thought that we were picking up some new form of internet monkey-mind business, though at that time it was even questionable that a pattern was actually developing. Sort of like seeing the faint hint of where the foot print in the sand was just prior to the wave having washed over it. That is all it was, just faint 'footprint residues' within our linguistic aggregations.

Over the course of 2005, I became increasingly convinced that a pattern of specific linguistic manipulation was being swept up in our data gathering, and in the following year, we introduced several new prolog programs as data filters to our processing. In the effort to increase the granularity of our predictions and to refine our timing sense in the forecasts, we also enhanced our data filters to the level of 'traps' for the types of patterns I suspected were being picked up. In 2007, we were successful in isolating a few of these patterns within each run, and during the 'down time' in the processing, I had begun to craft programs to analyze just these aberrant patterns.

I labeled this pattern of linguistic manipulation a 'memeering' as it appears as a single meme being floated to consciousness within a selected group of fora. These sites have been chosen deliberately as was revealed by the pattern of accretions of specific words. These sites are being deliberately targeted for an as yet unknown purpose. These sites are 'seeded' by the manipulators, likely a team of computer jocks being led by a psychologist/psychiatrist who is in their turn being directed by a higher pay grade administrator tasked by his masters with getting specific 'words out there'…

We now think that we have picked up a corollary to that theory being attempted. In this corollary the idea is that the [energies] of an emotional nature, which have to go somewhere, are being 'pre set' or staged via manipulation of thoughts via the internet. Basically the context of the patterns we have captured suggest that "someone(s)" are attempting to "pump up" the emotional tensions around certain contexts at certain times. The patterns are clear within our very large aggregations as deliberate and organized 'meme - engineering' or our label of memeering. Our 'memeering' also breaks down into 'memee ring', which is how we discovered the patterns to be used...

Be careful out there, the emotions you are experiencing *may* not be your own, or universe inspired. They may be planted...for someone else's purpose. The aware observer will be cognizant of how they are being affected by what is being place there for them to read. Of course the memeering designers recognize that the schooled mind will accept any kind of thing shoved down its pie hole, while the educated mind can entertain the idea without necessarily accepting it...or in this case, getting their emotional energy redirected by it.

Both links are absolutely worth reading.

[edit on 4/2/08 by kosmicjack]

[edit on 4/2/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Exactly. AND the info you are exposed to.

Information is not the problem, trying to discern fact from fiction is.

We have information overload?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

www.memecentral.com...

Odd isn't it?
www.memecentral.com...

[edit on 022929p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

My reply wasnt directed at anyone in particular.
Of cause if you dont pay your bills you wont get the internet but that doesnt mean to say it stops existing just because you didnt pay for it. The internet has expanded beyond the military and university servers. This is why i dont think it can be shut down.
As for being able to control it i take the tom cruise scientology video as an example. Many sites removed it for legal purposes and yet there were plenty of sites that were still playing it. WHY? The internet isnt governed, it cant be its too big, maybe it could be monitered to an extent but not controlled.
If the gov. decided to start to take control of the internet then i m sure the hacker community would have something to say about it. The internet is their playground not the militaries.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo2012

Well, I for one am glad you clarified your post's direction and intent. I still disagree with you though. The internet can be controlled, completely. It is governed by many different ways, but maybe not in the context that you understand. What I mean to say is that besides the quite obvious ways I pointed out with your internet provider or electricity company, there are the servers, the DNS, the library resources, the college computer terminals, the list goes on and on.

If the government wanted to, it could shut the entire internet down. Yes, it may take a month or two, heck even six months to do it, but they could "flip the proverbial switch" on the entire thing, if they wanted to do that. I am not however saying that they want to do it in the least. The government wants the internet to keep going. The reason is that they can catch the "proverbial kid with his hand in the cookie jar",...oh cookies,...you know those things that keep track of the information about the websites you visit, along with your e-mail server, or even credit card purchases. That is a digital fingerprint of course. This is disseminated through various different means to different agencies that track everything you do.

An example would be some of the different civilian agencies,...oh, companies, sorry, that track your credit report, the warranty information on your purchases, and the airline industries logging your flight destination, time you checked in, time your flight arrived, etc. This is to be able to track your every move of course.

You can take a look at this book :

Robert O'Harrow : No Place To Hide

This talks about a lot of what I mentioned here, along with oh so much more. Remember John Poindexter, Colonel Oliver North's supervisor? His name is in there, along with DARPA, and so many more things that should make you cringe if you are "accidently" labled the wrong type of individual.

This is a quote from Amazon's review of the book :

George Orwell envisioned Big Brother as an outgrowth of a looming totalitarian state, but in this timely survey Robert O'Harrow Jr. portrays a surveillance society that's less centralized and more a joint public/private venture. Indeed, the most frightening aspect of the Washington Post reporter's thoroughly researched and naggingly disquieting chronicle lies in the matter-of-fact nature of information hunters and gatherers and the insatiable systems they've concocted. Here is a world where data is gathered by relatively unheralded organizations that smooth the way for commercial entities to find the good customers and avoid dicey ones. Government of course too has an interest in the data that's been mined. Information is power, especially when trying to find the bad guys. The mutually compatible skills and needs shared by private and public snoopers were fusing prior to the attacks of 9/11, but the process has since gone into hyperdrive.

O'Harrow weaves together vignettes to record the development of the "security-industrial complex," taking pains to personalize his chronicle of a movement that's remained (perhaps purposefully) faceless. Recognizing the appeal of state-of-the-art systems that can track down a murderer/rapist with heretofore unimaginable speed, the author recognizes, too, that the same devices can mistakenly destroy reputations and cast a pall over a free society. In a post-9/11 world where homeland security often trumps personal liberty, this work is an eye-opener for those who take their privacy for granted. --Steven Stolder --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have to disagree with you also, abit tic for tac but there you go.
I typed in the letter A into google. It came back with over 13 billion pages. Thats alot of websites. Many people copy things off websites in case it is pulled off. As websites get pulled new ones appear.
I think to say that the gov can control the internet is more scare factor than truth. Like anti virus, they scare you into buying their products and yet they are probably producing most of the crap thats out there ,ruining peoples computers, themselves.
I do agree that really they wouldnt want to pull the internet even if they actually could. I think it would set back counter intelligence years.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by truthsetfree2009

i am with you on this 1 ----with the hints we see its a sure thing internet censorship is coming----if not for all of us then definetly for those that do not fit the nwo governments ideals of conformity.
non conformists will be marked and excluded from receiving or sending info via the internet.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The gov't needs the internet up and running and they need it to be largely unrestricted. How else could they do such an effective job of building a profile on everyone? Besides, when have they ever released something to the public without first replacing it with something better for themselves?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
OKAY, this is ENOUGH!!!! I almost broke a hole through my wall with the sheer anger generated from this info, (& my head)...

- If there were detectives looking into the reptilian-driven illuminati, (the governments), they would be busted RIGHT freakin NOW!!!! This is so blatent, it's ridiculous! - Even more blatent than 911!!!! - They might as well just come out with it, & say 'We are the masters, you are the slaves, prepare for a hellish NWO! (or are they waiting until we all have RFID chips, & will be remotely controlled to bow down & warship the aparation of satan, their god? I predict that if they fail to be able to control (the truth about them) on the net, a staged alien invasion will do the trick to get everyone to agree with martial law. - Except me... - And I'll STILL be called a conspiracy nut when I'm saying the government is behind the 'attack'...

---> To stop digressing; The corruption has never been more clear, & they realize the net is the only way for the truth movement to suceed, & for humanity to avoid a staged (ANYTH?ING) for them to get their world-wide martial law. - It's like going into the principal's office with a bully, & the bully says when EVERYONE but the principal is looking 'I can do whatever I want. - Some people will find out, so I have to do something about that... - (in this analogy, the bully would kill the principal, & it's like the government OPENLY saying how it wants to kill the internet... - This evil smells worse than... {something REALLY disgusting}

[edit on 4-2-2008 by criticalunity]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well good,

That means we must be putting out truth, the higher ups got a problem with it, GOOD.

Sir, we have been breached, our security clearance is no longer needed, they have the intelligence inside of them.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We will systematically disassmble any foreign cause that is not known to man.

That means all Secret Covert Operations will no longer be secret OVER.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wonder if the govement is monitering this site!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
"The internet was made by hackers"

Wrong. The Internet was made by the military. I always find it amusing the way some people try to twist the reality surrounding the Internet. Do you seriously think the Internet is some peaceful electronic playground that was set up for your amusement? The Internet is a weapon, and always has been. Information is an extremely powerful weapon and the Internet provides the facile transportation of that information. Thus, the Internet is an extremely powerful weapon.

Furthermore, the military - the creator of the Internet - has been monitoring its own creation very, very closely throughout its entire existence. Why wouldn't they?

The Internet has never been a private place and those who think it is are deluded and/or stupid. When sending data over the Internet, it is exactly as private as sending a postcard through the mail; it is not private. All you "hackers" who think you can take down the military at their own game are seriously deluded.

The Internet has been a weapon since day 1. Fly straight and be cool and you will be fine. Act up and your ass is grass. Those are the ground rules, always have been and always will.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by JRCrowley]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

When i say it was made by hackers i dont mean the hardware or original idea.
Hackers sculpted the internet and wrote the software that is used on the internet these days.
As has been said the public mainly got on the internet around 1994.
Hackers have been on it for many many years. I,m not talking about kids trying to hack their neighbours wireless. I,m talking about very clever people who right their own languages and programs, spend days trying to find exploits and who are very good at covering their tracks.
Like i have said read the book underground and it will show you that the gov. didnt really understand the dangers that the internet posed to their security.
Its a strange weapon, being as it lets anyone with a computer communicate with anyone anywhere in the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo2012

Right. Hackers are coders, programmers, software designers, systems analysts. Each of those terms being interchangeable. The term "hacker", throughout the 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s, used to refer to people who would investigate software programming language to look for bugs and exploits in order to make better software. It was a term that was synonymous with benevolent endeavor. But then, as you said, in the mid-90s the term had become more synonymous with malevolent behavior. The media and movies like WarGames, which came out 1983, helped to shape the term in the mind of the public as people who are up to no good. Now the term "hackers" is associated largely with people who write viruses, worms, and trojans. Basically, people who want to take down or destroy electronic systems that rely on software. The term is still used in a positive sense among those who know better, those who are in the field of software design, but the media mostly only pays attention to the term when its used by firms that sell software security programs and services.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The net was originally created for the military in case of a nuclear attack.
After no such attack came (only threats) The net was farmed out to the commercial market as thw World Wide Web (WWW.) HENCE:

"DoD's "Defense in Depth" strategy should operate on the premise that the Department will "fight the net" as it would a weapons system."

All this means is the US (dod) is declaring war on its allies as well as its enemies, but I believe there will be a fallout, because there will be intelligence beyond the US militarys capabilities in this issue of the net.
With simple electronic calculations, high IQ intelligence hacker operators will come up with a defence that would cause chaos on the net front for the dod.
Its war! and that is what is being declared by this hegemonous military

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Get ready for more regulations and spying. We are under attack all right, but it's not from foreign combatants, but our own gov. We will see more and more people being arrested in the coming times for internet conversations and 'percieved threats' IMO. We are headed for a total police state.

Read (or reread) 1984. Want to know what we will look like soon? There ya go.

Net Neutrality is slipping from our grasp. Just wait. Soon, like 1984, only the "official" information will be available. I have been saying this for years.

For a story that presumes we squeak past this moment in time, read:

home.earthlink.net...

May we hope it goes down as this story suggests.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Don't worry be happy, life's crappy. it's all just a cirriculum to refine our souls for evolution. The earth is mad house for a reason, it's to teach us a lesson that we can learn from. It's an exiting time to live, the aztec calender points to a new age, the galactic procession calender shows that we are moving into the age of aquarius which is the alignment with galactic center which is ironicly when the aztec calender ends. In 1961 an astronomer discovered a belt of photons emanating from the center of the galaxy that our solar system will pass through, photons are the highest form of light know to man. DNA is programmed by light, perhaps the belt will activate something within us... most interesting!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join