It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an "enemy weapons system"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One thing that really frustrates me on ATS is the double posting of news.

This was being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The IO roadmap is just a plan the US military wants to use in case we are cyber-attacked thru the Internet. It isn't about taking over the Net.

As I said in the other thread, this is old news. That "roadmap" was drawn up in Oct 2003.

(If we wanted to take over the Internet, we'd need the permission of Al Gore first, right? )

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
since the military is so paranoid about hackers
in their system then why don't they just unplug ??

Have 2 separate internets. one for common use
and one strictly for the military.

That should keep the normal spooks out
but leave us with our free speech intact

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

I have to agree with John on this. The internet doesn't need policing. Anything that is done can be traced. If a hacker managed to get into a server, the server, as well as the router would carry arp entries showing where the attack came from, what IP address. If the hacker used a proxy, you could still track it back to the points of contact with that proxy server, and by reading the RAM and ROM of the router to sniff the packets associated with passing through it to correlate back to the IP's associated to the arp entries on the proxy.

The IP takes you back to the ISP, the ISP will have logs of the IP's and what devices and/or passwords were associated to it. Only way to get around this would be for the hacker to use an internet cafe or something.

Even then, they can usually track the information being transmited, and Ice the the connection before he gets any relevant data. If the Server doesn't have that technology, then it probably doesn't have something that is that important anyway. Hackers hack personal computers for Drones, not for personal info. If your going to do something, your going to do it for money thats really worth it. Hacking one computer to get your info is worth maybe 500-1000 dollars. Hacking 150 drones to be used in an attack on a server to get the information of say 1.3 million people, well thats worth alot more

1,300,000 X 500 = 650,000,000 funny part is, whether you steal 500 or 650,000,000 you still go to jail for the same amount of time, 5-10. The chances of catching someone that knows how to get it, is very low.

JMHO,

Camain
Camain

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The internet is THE LAST AREA OF FREE SPEECH WE HAVE. No FCC, no censorship, no protest zones. If they take it away, what do we have left?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

me thinks that this thread have far better tittle
its giving the correct impression about "the plan". if you read it throughoutly, you'll find that its whole lot more than just plan of reaction if attacked via cybertek.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

I am not going to be put into a prison or held against my will just because some fascist ideals decide that my voice is too dissident for their liking.

Bold statement given you wouldn't be the first or last to have suffered that very fate, or worse. Are you saying you don't believe it could happen or that you refuse to let it happen?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Article continues:

Computer Network Attack

Fighting the Net

"We Must Fight the Net. DoD [Department of Defense] is building an information-centric force. Networks are increasingly the operational center of gravity, and the Department must be prepared to "fight the net." " [emphasis mine] - 6

So we've had "THE WAR ON DRUGS", "THE WAR ON TERROR", so, what's next is THE WAR ON THE INTERNET"?

As long as there are communications of some sort. People are going to communicate and say what they have to say. If electronic systems become so entrenched in surveillance, people will simply stop using electronic communications for personal reasons. They will only use it for reasons that authorities expect them to use it for. And so it would be back to coded messages delivered in newspapers, secret meetings in secret rooms, rendezvous in dark alleys or deserted hotel/office parking garages or highway rest stops. One way or another vital information will travel and it will be heard by those truly committed to their causes. We know this without question because history has provided us with plenty of examples. And I'm not just talking about people who represent the common people. I'm also talking about freedom loving rouge politicians and agents who are organized and on the inside who are biding their time and waiting for the right time to topple the evil house of cards that they intimately know exists.

One of my beliefs is that freedom fighters will always exist and they will always do what's necessary to defend, protect, and if it is ever lost, win back freedom for all. So all the government talk and propaganda about the war on this and the war on that doesn't mean much in the long run to those who would not ever be oppressed. Again, history provides me with all that I need to support my faith in this.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
on the topic of military and/or government entities infiltrating various portions of the internet, i present to you a U2U i received which I thought was a bit odd, considering i had never spoken with this individual person, nor had i seen any of their posts, and their account seemed pretty new. this is what it said:

Ketzer22's U2U
sent: 1/28/2008 at 04:43 PM

I wanted to ask you if you know of any militias out there that would step up to over throw the government if things get bad

Heheheh.

Naturally, my reply was of a very vague nature, speaking on the topic but not saying that I knew of any militias. I simply said that without the support of the U.S. military, the U.S. people could not over throw the government by themselves with simple rifles and low grade explosives. Hunters and miners versus soldiers and engineers? Hmm..

[edit on 2/3/2008 by runetang]

apc

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
Have 2 separate internets. one for common use
and one strictly for the military.

That would be quite the endeavor. The Internet is like the Interstate Highway System in that it was designed to serve a military purpose. Convenient civilian use is just a nice perk. So technically they could say we should build our own network and give them back theirs.

Why can't we all just get along?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
On a different note, I wanted to direct you all to a program I have been using for years called Peerguardian, made by Phoenix Labs.

It is a port blocking program, much like a firewall, except that it connects to a database and downloads daily additions to the lists for every type of institution globally, be they government, educational, peer 2 peer, ad ware, etc. It even blocks certain online game services by accident, so you know it is thorough. Fortunately it is enabled and disabled by a single click of the mouse. It blocks billions of IP's .. simply a must have if you go onto p2p networks, you'll see just how many strange companies and institutions and even foreign governments that are actively attempting to gain access to a list of your files via a particular port, so that they can sue you for piracy, OR in the case of the government, collect data on who has what kind of anti-government material, or terrorist material even.

You may access Phoenix Lab's website by clicking here

Click here to download Peerguardian 2 for Windows 2000/XP/2003

Click here to download Peerguardian 2 for Windows 2003/XP x64 Edition

Click here to download Peerguardian 2 for Windows 98/ME

Please protect yourselves and your information. If we can no longer rely on our constitutional rights being afforded to us, we have to enforce our constitutional rights ourselves, and one way you can do this is on the internet, by protecting your computer and files from preying eyes of corporations and government spy groups.

[edit on 2/3/2008 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'll tell you what: it begins with the control of the net & it ends with Ms WW the 3rd.

TAKE CARE U.S Citizens.Plus, like someone said, the u.s, your country, control the net so you better do something AGAINST this and the sooner the better for all of us (yes, you all+me).

The truth is people in "high places" or with some little power or good citizens read the news on the net, stuffs other than "brought to you by cnn" and the like.Truth is they get multiple sources of informations, they think twice they eventually get a piece of the real deal of the story,they discuss it.At the end of the day their behavior at their job, their occupations can be "unexpected".This is what the Pentagon don't like: "surprises", No control.
"Damn this guy voted no for this law, how come? What happened?What are we gonna do?"

I believe this more than everything especially nowadays.

Not to mention that if this law somehow is voted , ats dot com will be a desert.
I pretty well see things like: "you cannot enter this site, u.s citizens restricted".
No kidding!

Do something powerful & soon before it's too late.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by themaster1]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The Pentagon should be dealt with as an enemy weapons system.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm beginning to get the impression that the Pentagon wants to go to war against the American people so they can make even larger profits then they are already securing. They already are getting into the street cameras and prisons. So the next step appears to be targeting people that are not for war on the Internet. Terrorism maybe nothing more than a boogeyman excuse the same as the spooky "drugs". When one uncovers all of this subterfuge you have to start explaining the motive and the motive appears to be more money and of course god like control over people's minds. They already have black ops doing all kinds of disinfo and running newsrooms in all the major outlets, why would they need to bother with people that voice dissent? Maybe they are so paranoid that the general public maybe onto their game that they think we could actually influence the public enough to ruin the "gravy train".

Endless war maybe nothing more than endless stress, watch for the standard of living to actually decrease as we go further into a police like state, then of course people will really have to wonder how they could have been so easily fooled into making their lives more complicated. Maybe the Gov just wants us all to be paranoid, well they will have to try harder I suppose. I doubt people will run and hide under the covers, in fact they will likely only get more PO and then we will have social problems again in this society. When social problems return so do budgets even if Iraq and other adventures end, then they can use liberals like MCcain or HIllary or Obama to clamp down on some namless "extreme right wing" fanatic and claim they need to censor the net to protect us from the next McVeigh. Fraudulent to the core, just another big mouth loud taking con job. They might as well declare war on the Constitution and put a fence up around the whole country and annoouce we are all under arrest, at least the couch potatoes would wake up, but as long as only ATS people are talking about this they can continue the little cat and mouse game claiming some "imaginary" hacker meltdown on the horizon, kind of sounds like a cable getting chopped in the ocean might have been one of the little simulation exercises that went live. Who knows?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well if they are approaching the web like Iraqs "weapons" system, I don't think we have anything to fear.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
don't worry I downloaded a backup copy
of the internet if they erase or lock up
part of it I'll just restore it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
Well, lets be fair and reasonable here. Hackers (especially in communist china) do play a major role in hacking US systems.

Silly Lemmings...

The real Government stuff is not accesable from the internet you and I have access to so its a red herring ... all they want is to control us...

They use SIPRNET (secret)

icon.army.mil...
http//nic.mil

(Careful here... you don't want to mess around
)

They use JWICS (Top Secret)

The Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS pronounced jaywicks) is a system of interconnected computer networks used by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of State to transmit classified information (up to and including information classified TOP SECRET and SCI) by packet switching over the TCP/IP protocols in a secure environment. It also provides services such as hypertext documents and electronic mail. In other words, the JWICS is the DoD’s classified version of the civilian Internet together with its counterpart, the SIPRNet.

SOURCE

And there is one higher
Anyone that tells you they need to "secure" the internet is just trying to pull more wool over your eyes.

Its all about controlling YOUR access to info... What Gary McKinnon found is some stuff a sloppy official stored on his office PC

[edit on 4-2-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I am wondering though, are they going to come down on the whole world or only on their citizens
. But I guess if they are really serious about all this then we can kiss our little CT sites goodbye. These Americans are good at what they do, being evil and destructive and bad that is. Uncle Sam is taking away our toys I guess
. As they say the end of the world as we know it is near, one way or another

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is part of the reason I have been following this story since it broke:
Conspiracy theories emerge after cables cut

There is an active thread on this topic already...
Undersea Cables Cut
...but I find correlations in the timing of certain news stories and/or events.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Don't have alot of time before work but look into this. The internet was CREATED with disinfo in mind. Don't you think the military could have made the internet for ONLY the military? You think in the beginning they had to let civilians use it if they didn't want to? I was only a matter of time before someone did it they figure might as well have your hand in it from day one. I'm going to look for the name of the Book I read this in when I get to work.

Have a great day truth seekers.

sty

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
is thie explaining the broken cables for the Middle East Internet?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join