It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Granted, not every avatar can tell a story about you, but in general you can get some idea of a person from the avatars they choose.

The reason I've started this thread is because of a request in this thread.

Just as an example I did a rough reading of Buck Divisions avatar and then Fett Pinkus
saw it and offered the challenge, so here we are and this is how I see what goes on in Fetts 'life'.

Firstly, there is strict order, very calculated and mathematical. having your clothes neatly cleaned and pressed and presentable is part of Fetts image. This also seems to reflect on his home life and interpersonal relationships.

Friends have a set time and place for meetings. Any work or jobs are done before play.

There is a cool methodical approach to things with very defined and sharp conclusions.

Science, math or technical art like building designs seem to stand out.

Yet every once in a while the wild stallion breaks free and enjoys a good party or exercises the right to 'let your hair down'. This is not a side of the character that tends to be let loose into common public knowledge, but when it is, people are amazed and impressed that the 'mother of all neatness' can be such a wild animal.

So now I'll make Fett aware of this thread and we'll wait to see how my understanding of the avatar compares to reality.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey

Thanks for the thread.

Firstly, there is strict order, very calculated and mathematical. having your clothes neatly cleaned and pressed and presentable is part of Fetts image. This also seems to reflect on his home life and interpersonal relationships.

This first part does come close to me, due to the nature of my job i have to wear a suit. At home though i like to wear jeans and comfy clothes.

There is a cool methodical approach to things with very defined and sharp conclusions.

This bit sums me up rather well as when presented with problems i like to gather all the facts available and then work through all and any solutions so that i can be prepared for unexpected hurdles that may crop up. This way i always have backup plans lined out.

As to the technical bit: Im a certified industrial engineer, just finished school last May and am getting a degree in time and motion studies while working at one of Europes biggest Kitchen makers atm.

As to the avater itself:

Im a burnt out raver from the early 90s and the biggest label that brought out Techno in Europe was/is R&S Records. On all records you could find this symbol which reresents the label. And as I collect records and posess quit a few from the label i thought i would use it as my Avater.

To me it symbolises a decade of the best music i listened to, partys i went to and generally a laidback lifestyle of which, looking back at, im glad i survived

Nowdays having an important job, the missus,2 young kids and having bought a house i dont have anytime at all to party.

But once a year when i do get out i do become a party animal like i used to be in the good old days

Couple of months back we had Dj Taucher play at our town, I went there at 6 in the eveing, we then took a bus to an after party and I got back the next morning at round about 11 am.

Needless to say the Missus was rather angry but hey thats life

So....

I was rather sceptical at first seeing your post but I must say most of what you wrote is rather accurate except the bit about first work and then play because i do often get sidetracked and am rather lazy on the weekends

So great thread lets hope more people try their luck as it is rather intresting indeed.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This sounds interesting and kinda fun!

What does my avatar say about me? Nothing embarassing, I hope..

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oh Duzey...

lol, now there's a happy go lucky, care free, couldn't give a monkeys, laid back, devil may care beach bum if I ever saw one. hehehe

Quite the deep thinker. intellectual, a reader.

No rush, all will be done in it's own good time type of approach. A good job is worth doing well... but lets have a drink and look at things before we tackle the obstacles...

Sometimes the wibbly wobbly way you go about your day seems to confuse some people, but it all makes perfect sense to you. Everyone else rushes by in their 'not got time to chat' lives and you'll plod on regardless knowing that you'll be in the same place they are but you'll arrive much more chilled.

'Time out' is important in everything you do. Even if that 'time out' is a few seconds long, it gives you the chance to survey, understand and then re-approach.

Once you're works done, the bubble bursts and 'POP'..there you go..told you it would be ok..

Here's looking at you kid...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Now that's downright spooky! I'm impressed.

I hope more members try this out. Great thread idea!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
OK, I'm willing. What do you see in my stars.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Alright avatar-reader. Be my guest.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hiya NGC

The cosmic radiance of peace, beauty, splendor, tranquility.

The depth of the mind is as deep as the cosmos. Thoughts mix with the world as the world mixes with you.

the constant 'foreverness' is your strength, you're there for friends and family or whoever may need you.

Thoughtful, caring, polite, minding your manners. each to their own ...

You're a listener. People come to chat with you though they don't realise you're a strong shoulder to lean on. An un-aware agony aunt/uncle.

Studied and studied yet you still have questions. if you were a tree, every bird on the planet would come to rest on your arms, safe under your leaves and branches. You would be a mighty Oak.

You find yourself surprised when people give their opinion of you. Leaves you wondering how they noticed that about you.

And the Galaxies continue their dance amongst each other, as do we, for we all play a part.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I like changing my background images. probably means I like change. j/k

cool thread I have a feeling it's going to get busy,

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In the words of the mighty Cheese....

Dooooo iiiittttttttttttttttt.............

Am interested

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hiya Skyfloating.

Power.. like a raging wind you swoop in the room. Your presence is known by all yet you've not said a word yet.

You ooze confidence like you're sweating it out in a good workout.

Your ability to cooly and calmly complete a task amazes others as you make it look so simple. That dash of flare sparkles in your eyes.

You used to wonder what everyones problem was, but then you realised it was a natural skill of yours but you're not too big headed about it.

Responsibility for yourself and others. You'd jump into the freezing river to save the dog without a seconds thought.

Heroism comes naturally but for you it is nothing more than a graceful dance on ice and you're just glad that others benefit from you being here rather than what you get from doing the deed.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You can try mine, tis only the moon.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well Sauron

Changing an avatar occasionaly is not what matters.. it's what you use at the time which reflects your moods, thoughts, and lots of other stuff, but no matter what you use, you're still showing a part of yourself.

There's a hint of 'the Hunter' going on in this one.. a bit rough and ready but available to spring out from the confines of your secret place.

Being and observer, you watch for the mistakes of others and correct them softly or with the utmost vigor.

your patience is as strong and in balance with your intollerence, which is a good thing really, otherwise people would drive you nuts.

But all that glistens is not gold and time reveals the rust of ages. You are ready and prepared for anything the new day brings. Your 'bring it on' approach combines with your 'Ok, what will be, will be' attitude and blends in perfectly with your stealthy nature.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Its nice to know one can convey certain impressions by the use of an avatar.

Nice thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nefermore..

I must assume this is you.. if it's not then it is a reflection of you.

Doing photos of people gives me a message directly from the photo rather than a set of designs or collective images. Although the clothes and hair say a lot it's the eye's and face that do more.

So forgive me if it's wrong.. the picture might actually be misleading.. but it's a bit of fun anyway.

First impression....

FLAUNT IT.... !!! I got I'm gonna go show it off.. where's the party, where's my drink.. how's my make-up.. dam wind blew my hair a little.

Madonna..huh, cheap and plastic..she got nothing on me...
Confidence is your middle name.. you could drill a male to the wall with a stare from those eyes.
There's a serious 'don't mess with me' look going on, yet We all know you love your grandmother very deeply...

Great time and money is spent on the lovingly cared for birds nest that sits proudly on your head, but occasionally that nest is given a good spring clean and you radiate brighter than any belle of the ball.

Big dress sense, you know yourself intimately. you know what you want , how and where to get and at the best price.
Sometimes, that deep down natural built in wisdom goes to waste on the wrong things.. Ooops, too late you've just realised your mistake, but not to worry, there'll be another time..

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Would you care to 'read' my avatar then.

Dorian Gray

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Dorian Gray]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Tranquility. Simple pure beauty at is most finest.
Sometimes the simple things in life is all one needs. Yet the mystery of life is quite the opposite.

This is giving me Shakespeare for some reason.. performing arts perhaps? literature even... poetry

Words are never enough.

Hmmm.. the refined pleasure of a good wine.. mellowed, chilled rested and at peace with ones self.
You're awareness of things to come stears you on the right path. you know the path your on is the right one .. even if it is wrong..

It's remembering.. every day the reminder.. like a wake up call or alarm clock.. tic toc..

I bet you watched the film 'Serenity' and was a bit disappointed by its actual story line yet mildly surprised you enjoyed watching it.

As plain as the moon is, it is also mysterious for billions of people for millions of years. You may be the type stood in the crowd that no one sees cos they know you're there yet if they took one moment to look they would be spending many an hour trying to understand what it was they just missed the complete point of.. Like a moment of universal understanding passing and forgotten yet eternally there.

the engima

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Greetings: I would like to offer my avatar for your sincere and honest interpretation. Ooo: I'm so anxious!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thank you. I try to be something of what you see, and yet I sometimes feel that I lack the ability to reach as far as I would like, or do as much as I dream. And I do feel myself a son of the cosmos.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I know the character Dorian Gray, and there can be only one reason why you chose it..
Because you're the spirit in the painting that keeps him alive... lol

But with a swish of your cape and the tik tik tik of your cane you'll push forth unto the deed at hand and with a woosh of bravado you'll swiftly deal with the matter.

Elegance and precision must be maintained for order to be constant. The ravages of time have no boundaries so why does everyone else end up in such a mess when it's plainly obvious as to how simple everything really is.

Cor blimey, some people don't know they're born, do they G'uvnor?...

Being correct is hard work. you can't help it. Trying to help others be correct is an almost endless task. But you forgive them for their weaknesses.

Do what's right in the time given and others will follow suit. That was the days order..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join