It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Induce an Out Of Body Experience

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this, I will try it tonight.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Okay, this is going to sound odd, but it is what it is.

Around 1973 or so, I read Robert Monroe's book, Journeys Out of the Body. I practiced his methodology and achieved an OBE -- several, in fact.

I had negative experiences. I continued. Right after that (this was about '77 or so)..... I began having sleep paralysis events. They terrified me. I still continue to have them, although much less frequently than in the past, and they no longer terrify me, as I've gained an awareness WHILE paralyzed, that I am experiencing a SP event, and I can just wait patiently until I can awaken fully.

As recently as three years ago, my Bride would wake me up, saying I was making "horribly afraid mewling sounds." Mewling? Me??? How embarassing.

Okay. Now I can't state with any certainty a real causation between the OBE and the SP; They feel connected to me, and perhaps I'm just not an evolved enough creature to be able to work within this etherial framework.

Here's the crux of what I want to share with others: I still have OBE experiences, and for the most part, they are enjoyable. I have given myself fully to the experience in the past -- exploring -- hoping to find that there is nothing to fear, except my own primate fear of the unknown.

I cannot shut it off.

That's the part that bothers me. Perhaps to break through frontiers of human awareness, we must relinquish control. To date, the only part about this all is that I don't feel that I have free will and choice -- in fact, it feels to me that the experience is somewhat random.

There you have it. I don't care if anyone believes me. I have and will continue to have no evidence. I've talked with several "experts" online who have told me that I'm fighting something natural, and that my negative experiences are of my own creation. Maybe they're right.

I know this....... I know what a wash of malevolence feels like, and I would do a lot to avoid feeling that again. Choose wisely, with more information that I had, if you choose to pursue Out-of-body experiences, that's my advice.

Peace

[edit on 9/7/10 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Tried for years.
Just couldn't do it. Used to be able to as a kid so I know they are real. Can't now and I feel cheated.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Tried this MP3, it lacked for me, did not work.
Perhaps it was just me? we all have different ways, that work for us.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Look at the local graffiti scene that's around you.
There's always some sort of writing on signs, buildings, poles, or sidewalks

Wouldn't be hilarious to make fun of your boss?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

you need to do is concentrate and calm your mind.

At 3 in the morning, after 4 or 5 cups of coffee, you might as well ask me to create world peace.

Good luck trying to have an OBE with a lot of toxins in your body.

I recently regained my ability to leave my body by only eating organic foods and drinking pure water. 15 years of nothing because of the crap I was putting in my body.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join