It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Local Meetings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is my first thread, so i hope this is met with some sincere thought. Please bear with me, and if this has been done before, let me know. I searched for it, but my searches didnt have any good grip, with words like "Local meeting" only met with one similar like term, and that was Amnestacey in the www.abovetopsecret.com...
thread. I checked many pages afterwards but the subject t was never broached.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I would like to see local meeting groups of ATSers. I'm aware that large groups that attract the attention of the government would not be good, but small groups that get together and discuss topics of interest pertaining to the local area would be good.

I think an actual meeting is in order.
This would be an optimal chance for Forum members to meet with your local ATS'ers, and talk UFOs, Hidden bases, and what have you.

I live in Dallas Texas, so I ask my fellow Texans... anyone game?
Even if you cant make it, please share your thoughts.

CURRENT THOUGHTS
If its well organized, we could share thoughts through a Lead Speaker, and run down the latest topics on ATS, or topics that are brought up ahead of time in its own forum.
Every Month we could have a theme for the meeting, a topic that headlines over the whole show. Such as subjects straight form the ATS forum.

PROBLEMS
Where would we have it?
As a former member of 2600, another forum group that meant monthly to discuss "computer security" matters, we would meet in mall food courts. There were about 15 of us at most at any given time, and a Food Court seems a bit undignified, but hey, its out there. A movie theater might be a good idea. Other ideas on this would be welcome.
"The Spooks"
Much like 2600, some people will be afraid of showing they're face due to "Big Brother" watching us. I would tell you what we told them. Deal with it.
Don't let them scare you into doing anything different from what you would do normally, and besides, Strength in numbers, aye?

I have some other thoughts, but lets see if its met with positive results first.
Share your thoughts!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I brought this up when I first got onto ATS and it got about as much response as this thread is getting. I live about 4 hours from you. Nothin's far when ya got a car. What are your topics of interest?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well I live in Myrtle Beach, where the debates were and I have access to a wonderful conference room that I will provide at no cost to ATS or the members...Seats about 100 or so I would imagine.

I can also arrange for discount hotel rooms for members that make advance reservations...

I'm game...

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I tell you what Semper, me and my wife try to get down to Myrtle Beach every summer for a week or so vacation.

If nothing else, maybe we could get together next time we are down and talk politics.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
I brought this up when I first got onto ATS and it got about as much response as this thread is getting. I live about 4 hours from you. Nothin's far when ya got a car. What are your topics of interest?

Heya Whitewave! Good to see we got some Texans in the works.
I would think this would be an incredible idea. I wish our threads then would get some credit.

Heres some topics which I would think we could cover:
The Stephenville UFO, and other UFO phenomena
Area 51 and other Military hidden bases
FreeMasonry, and the Illuminati.
The CARET Isaac Drone, but it might be beating a dead horse. I' still mystified by it.
Discussion of specific Threads, maybe current events.
If we want, we could choose a restaraunt so we can grab some food, and have a great conversation over dinner, and drinks.
I would suggest we avoid Religious and political discussion for now. :bash:

BTW these are all up to the other members who choose to go. Its jut my list.
But also cout on some

So lets say we have 2 for Dallas. Any others?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
nyk,

That would be too excellent!!!!

Whether we discuss politics or the weather... Let me know when you are planning to come and I'll slip you my phone number...

I know several nice restaurants the 4 of us could get together at..

Let me know...

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I could make it down to Dallas in about 4 weeks. Last time I went I took the train and it took about 3 hours longer to get there than the train schedule said so I'll probably just drive down. U2U me when we get closer to the end of February.

Semper, haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years but meeting one of favorite posters would be worth the trip. I'm up for any topic of conversation as I have an opinion on everything. LOL. If it's a topic with which I have little familiarity, I'll just listen and learn. First round of coronas are on me.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I would love to see local meetings all over the US, but alas I fear not many people are from my area...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Minneapolis area isn't that far.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A quick update;

Me and Whitewave are putting together a meeting in Dallas, Texas.
If anyone is in the area, you are more than welcome to stop by!!

We are currently discussing where to meet in Dallas, an I'm thinking a restaraunt is fairly neutral.

I hope to hear from more of you now that its official.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have already met a few members in the North Jersey/New York City area but I am open to meeting more. This sounds like a very good idea.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What about a meeting in the Los Angeles area? I know there are a great number of ATSers in this area. I would love to meet my fellow tin hat brigade members. Anybody else in this area up for it?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I now know that there a a bunch of members in the Denver area. If we could all get together sometime, it would be great! Perhaps even if it was just at some dive bar, or anywhere. What do you think people!?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

Point taken! But man, driving in your city is a not my bag lol

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kthulu

Hadn't heard back from ya, buddy. Do you check your U2U's?

top topics

join