It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Randy's story: Interview with a vietnam survivor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Randy survived by playing music and perfomed self surgery on his face, and without meds. Here, Anthony talks to Randy. Now married and living on the east coast. What do you guys think about his story?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sorry. Original link didn't seem to work. how about this one?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What an amazingly touching, yet very simple video, Jedi

The makers of the vid presented Randy as he is,very naturally and he was very much himself...A man to be respected for sure...Yes, there were/are many, but this video is about Randy and some of the things he did/saw, and these were captured really nicely by the makers of the vid

Great job

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
What an amazingly touching, yet very simple video, Jedi

The makers of the vid presented Randy as he is,very naturally and he was very much himself...A man to be respected for sure...Yes, there were/are many, but this video is about Randy and some of the things he did/saw, and these were captured really nicely by the makers of the vid

Great job

Peace

thanks man. lol. you know when I first met Tony, the old guy with the beret, I thought he was Jim Marrs. he looks alot like him. i'm all happy for randy, I only met him once, but meeting him gave me lots of hope, he's a tall like hippie who loves to sing christian songs and that made me proud to be part of the project. I know that god helped him survive..and after the video he met a woman and they left california and got married.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm glad that Randy has managed to cure his cancer and to move on with his life through art and faith.

What disappoints me is that, even after all these years, he hasn't come to terms with his obligation to serve his country.

His bitterness at having served in Vietnam is still quite vivid and, in my judgement, is an obstacle to be overcome.

It is also correct to refer to veterans of the war in Vietnam and veterans, not survivors.

When Randy can look back on his contribution to freedom with pride, presuming his service was honorable, he will have made a giant leap in his recovery.

I wish him well.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

What disappoints me is that, even after all these years, he hasn't come to terms with his obligation to serve his country.

I'm not sure why he feels that way. I spoke to tony today, the guy who is interviewing and he told me randy was good, living in washington state. he has no clue we are talking about him, but he did want people to know that god and christianity saved him. saved his soul. like he said, he'd rather carry a guitar than a gun. And I think that's great. Maybe he was too young I don't know, but most of vietnam veterans i've met didn't do it for an obligation to their country. most of them said they were kinda forced into it. just a belief of course.

top topics

join