It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto IV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi all, just wondering if there are any GTA Fans around? I cant wait for the release of GTA IV.

The Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition will be presented in a customized Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box.

The Safety deposit box will contain, the Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV
Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release, and an exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys.
Completing the collection is a limited edition Rockstar duffel bag.

Check the Wiki Link for heaps more teasers: GTAIV

Man i cant wait for the release date. Here in Australia it is 29th April, im not sure if this is the same for different countries.

Anyway post away

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yeah it's 29th of april here in England aswell. Looks pretty good. Are you getting it on 360 or ps3?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

Hey dude, thanks for the reply, yea im getting it on Xbox 360. Im actually saving up for a High Def TV, so yeah cant wait to get my hands on GTA IV.

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
oh yeah!

I had no idea they were releasing this special eiditon, good looking out JDN

My husband and I have been countin down to the release of this game and now I can surprise him with this special edition of it on PS3. yay!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Once again, they skip the PC venue. I hate it when game publishers go strickly for console, and then eventually release a port, with buggy controls, help files that only apply to the consol, and terrible camera angles...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I prefer my PS3 to my 360 ... I will get the PS3 version. I like the controller better as well as the cross-platform games and demos I have tried out.

There will be content on both eventually, so no worries there. The game will be big enough where that DLC won't be needed for a long time anyway

Be happy with whichever version you get though

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was so happy i saw a gta IV thread on this I actually can not wait for this game to come out It has to be the best game series ever produced.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
this game is the ONLY reason i am buying a PS3

at first i wanted the PS3 cause i think their controller is just the best

then i started playing my friends xbox 360's and i realized there is nothing wrong with it

but rockstar has said and this was reported on ign that they were having problems with it on 360 so....

but yeah it's great the game was pushed back i think just because wouldn't you have enjoyed a lot of video games if they took another few monthes (like 8 or 9?) to keep working on a game

this game is going to "pooon" - the belgian dude who is the best paladin in the world

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
GTA3 was the only reason I got my PS2 so I am excited about GTA4 but for me it has to be on the xbox 360.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Whoo Hoo this is the biggest news since....GTA San Andreas

I cannot wait personally. I am getting it on 360. I have already warned all family and friends not to talk to me for at least the first 2 days

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Once again, they skip the PC venue. I hate it when game publishers go strickly for console, and then eventually release a port, with buggy controls, help files that only apply to the consol, and terrible camera angles...

also, we have a superior machine but get stuck with close draw distances which makes things "pop" into view much like they do on consoles.
zooming along in a sports car at break neck speeds and something just spawns right infront of you with no time to avoid.

great games though. ive always enjoyed the GTA series.
scarface was pretty good too, since its very much like GTA's style.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This new gta game is gonna revolutionize video game AI, Just wait and see

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

Umm. Did you play San Andreas? I found the PC experience to be much better than the PS2 experience in everyway except pop-in

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
seriously go to ign.com and read the article about GTA on the 360 vs the PS3 they were already having problems with the 360 before the pushed the release date back

i know a lot of # is talked by the xbox fan boys about the 360, but sony releaed the ps3 after the 360 so they could have the better graphics this time around because when the xbox came out after the ps2 the graphics were better because of the hardware

sony did this time what xbox did last time

also the blu ray discs hold more information, so if you have a 20 gig game like GTA you can't have 4 dvd discs like that lost oddesy 360 game, you will have a gun code on the first dvd disc for a pistol, then when you open part of the city you will have to switch to that citys disc, now do you have all the guns in the code on the disc again?

you'd have to

do you see where problems arise after the first generations of games come out

remember the first gta on ps2 and san andreas, the difference in the game

the difference in madden 2001 and 2007 on ps2 was huge too

that's what will happen with the next gen games too

so even if they can fit all of GTA IV onto 1 360 disc, what happens with the next GTA? ps2 games used to come on cd's, then they switched to DVD's for more space

well ps3 has already made that switch, they started with it so they wouldn't be screwed later, 360 can't switch over they are stuck with what they have

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
ive had mine on preorder for the 360 since they announced the release date.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think a lot of the argument against versions and consoles comes down to the same fight between foreign and domestic autos. Brand loyalty and country of origin.

Some people support the home team, even if the product is not up to snuff. Some people buy the brand they always have, because they are familiar with it.

I bought a 360 because I wanted to see for myself. It works, I just find it to be a low end U.S. car to a low end Honda. One is a bit cheaper, the other is more reliable and better looking. In the end, they both get the job done.

I personally don't care for the 2 lb controller, maybe that is an exaggeration, but the 360 controller is heavy and clunky (
like U.S. cars!), the buttons also squeak (the springs inside) but performs sufficiently, the PS3 controller is light, especially being six-axis, but the dual-shock 2 were not very heavy, and I doubt the dual shock 3 will be much more than the DS2. I also prefer the symmetrical layout of the Playstation controllers.

The performance from my perspective has been better on the PS3. Though some games did perform decent on the 360, such as Gears of War, it still had some hiccups while playing. If you have a 360, it is a great machine. Its cons are far outweighed by its pros. The same goes for the PS3. It really all does come down to what kind of games you play, and what your personal ergonomic, aesthetic preferences are.

I never had an Xbox, so I don't have the library to make the 360 worth it. I don't care for most of the games on it that are exclusive.

Thing is, this game will look nearly identical. There might be a small tweak here an there, but overall, the textures and such are the same. Framerate will be the thing I am curious about. I may perhaps rent the 360 version just to compare them side by side at some point.

I think this game will be revolutionary to the industry as GTAIII was. The PSM magazine review makes it sound quite amazing, and they were allowed a chance to play it hands on and fool around a bit. The AI, the pedestrian diversity, the similarity to NYC, the lighting, and many other effects, I think people who pick this up on either system are going to be MIA for quite some time

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
the reason i went with the 360 was because up until very recently, all the ps3 games were simply ported over from the 360 - they weren't designed from the ground up for the ps3. and as far as I know, the older ways of porting to multiple systems like renderware and etc. do not work the same with 360+ ps3.

so essentially, most ps3 games are really just playing software designed for the 360.

as soon as the ps3 gets its own flagship exclusives in mass numbers like the ps2 did, i'll get that too. no need to be partial! I have a wii too, the graphics are a joke

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I got the 360 simply because it will have exclusive downloads content that will not appear on the PS3. The first two down loadable episodes are 360 exclusives.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anyone know what online capabilities this game is gonna have?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
They've been keeping tight lipped about the online portion besides the downloadable episodes. I assume there will be a bunch of modes with more coming after release. Here are the modes that I see coming.

Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Vehicle Deathmatch
Team Vehicle Deathmatch
etc for CTF.
Race modes
Rampage time trials(ie two or more people race to see how much carnage they can create within a set time)
Import/Export races, steal as many cars and export them as fast as possible.
Territory Control. Teams of players vie to control portions of the map, like control point but with a GTA twist.

top topics

join