It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Electromagnetic Levitation Demonstration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaatiHemet

Originally posted by Dallas

*snip*...they talk about seeing a coil around the the circumference inside at the bottom of the disc which was in a clear tube filled with a liquid.*snip*
Dallas

Could this liquid-filled tube be their cooling system, something akin to liquid nitrogen?

So did they manage to take a photograph of this coil? How would we know he isn't lying? He could be a disinfo agent for all you know. He does work for 'THEM'. The way he is talking in riddles is a sure way to send people on a wild goose chase.

Oh I forgot, the MIB took away those photograph. They always have a convenient excuse...

No evidence, no proof, thus FAKE.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.
The experiment does make sense due to the fact that Earth is a big magnet. Just shows how Electricity meets have way.

Not really. Earth's magnetic field is way too weak to lift anything up, at most it will move the needle of a small compass.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thankyou for this wonderful thread. I have enjoyed it throughly. Gives so much food for thought and makes me want to dust off the ol shop and start trying a few new experiments.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great post; must-see for an educated person. Starred and flagged.

One more thing: watch it while you can, because it WILL go down SOON. Download it here, to have a back-up if it disappears.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
In case it hasn't been mentioned, there is a more extensive interview with this man in David Sereda's "From Here to Andromeda".

www.disclose.tv...

Edit:

Other part of that interview:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
One more thing: watch it while you can, because it WILL go down SOON. Download it here, to have a back-up if it disappears.

Why would it go down?
Most universities teach this stuff to anyone willing to learn it, youtube is filled with videos that show electromagnetic induction and it's uses.

Btw people, this is what you are seeing in the OP video:
www.youtube.com...

The only difference is that instead of launching the ring, Mr Bushman is launching the coil.

This actually has pretty good uses, the navy is currently testing a system that uses electromagnetism to launch projectiles:
www.popsci.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus

Originally posted by MaatiHemet

Originally posted by Dallas

*snip*...they talk about seeing a coil around the the circumference inside at the bottom of the disc which was in a clear tube filled with a liquid.*snip*
Dallas

Could this liquid-filled tube be their cooling system, something akin to liquid nitrogen?

So did they manage to take a photograph of this coil? How would we know he isn't lying? He could be a disinfo agent for all you know. He does work for 'THEM'. The way he is talking in riddles is a sure way to send people on a wild goose chase.

Oh I forgot, the MIB took away those photograph. They always have a convenient excuse...

No evidence, no proof, thus FAKE.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Macrotus]

He is saying that UFOs exist. Why is he a dis-info agent? He explains to you that This experiment works and gives his opinion. They just showed you a video of it to for crying out loud. ?

XL5

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I know how to make devices like this work!!!

This is NOT anti-grav, it is and induced magnetic feild in the metal below it. The coil induces a current in the metal below it and makes it the metal become a magnet of the same polarity as the coils bottom face. It will only work when there is metal underneath it and it has to be aluminium or copper of 3mm thick or more. It will not work at all over something non-conductive (like pavement or farmers fields).

To get the best results use a VERY thick copper sheet of 5mm or more and use the highest frequency/voltage you can (within reason- no more then 300V and 40KHz). The thicker the metal plate underneath it is, the better. You should get a microwave transformer and cut the iron core off at the welds, then use the fat coils that are connected to the 115V (not the 3-4 turn winding). Do not try powering up this transformer until you have got the low voltage coil out. Theres the chance you could touch the secondary which has a voltage of 2700V ac at a leathal current of 500mA if you do power it up when the transformer is still intact and together. This is the easy way to get a coil that will work. Copper is MUCH better then aluminium at producing eddy currents, thus the magnet slid down the copper tube much slower.

This little demo is NOT something anyone in power would EVER cover up. It does NOT violate the laws of physics at all and I can find MANY youtube videos showing the same thing.

Those videos showing a levitating frog or water droplet are VERY powerful magnetic feilds interacting with the water in the frog. Water is slightly diamegnetic and naturally repels magnets, but it is VERY weak, so it needs a super strong magnetic field to keep something light suspended. Diamagnetic levitation is also very well known and not covered up.

I do think anti-grav is real. It may be simple to do "IF" you know the REAL theory behind it and what in our world will effect it (gravity) and then make the effects of the test device stronger by learning about the interaction. If we didn't know how voltage/current through wires/coils interacted and created magnetic fields, yet knew about magnets (like we know about gravity), we wouldn't be able to think up electric motors and transformers.

I think bismuth, toroids (doughnut shape), high voltage and spinning things in some sort of configuration would work. I think one type of anti-grav would work by using quantum physics to make all the atoms in a device to spin their electrons all in the same direction so that all the atoms behave in our world as "one" atom would.

www.youtube.com... Its accepted physics

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Were your examples, where you managed to reproduce the phenomena apparent in an environment where self inductance of an opposing conductor was impossible?

Yes. Most definately.
And I feel like a fool for leaving that bit out of my original post. That's pretty important information to leave out. Actually that's probably why it could work and make sense.

I basically reproduced what Boyd Bushman did in the Youtube videos that have been posted. I have a piece of 3/8 thick 2 foot square piece of alluminum that I used for it. Just for safety concerns I use an extra piece of plastic that the aluminum is placed on.

When you managed to produce a positive outcome did you take readings of the necessary values

now your getting all technical on me.
From your terminology it would seem you have a good grasp on what is going on here

The first couple times I got some lift , no I didn't get nothing. As a matter of fact I really didn't expect anything to happen, as I had already failed misserably on my first couple of attempts
But After the first couple anomoly's I did take note of certain conditions. I seem to have the most luck with a 6-8 inch coil. I have tried bigger such as 10-12 in but I had a hard time keeping them stiff enough to work with.

Which brings me to my next observation. When taping the coil, it appears that a tight tape job led to failure. Probably the due result of excess heat builup around the tape. So taping loosely seems to work better. But not to loose, or all your hard work in winding that thing unravels in a second

The leads coming from the coil are all cut to about 12 inces in length.

I have a 20 amp 120 Volt dedicated circuit that I ran in my shop especially for plugging stuff like this into.

I did put my clamp on amp meter on it and got some pretty weird readings. At start up the inrush current shot up to about 25 amps and then drops and starts going up again probably due to the heat and failure on 6-8 in dia coils. But not all the time. Obviously amps are based on resistive load in this case, so some of the smaller versions(roughly5-6 in) pulled less and did not burn up as fast.

The ones that did work seemed to pull less amps at start up than the ones that failed. But yea
that's probably obvious.

Did your coil have any specific geometry to it? (I.e. How did you wind the damn thing, I'm continuously appalled at the number of people that think the shape of a toroidal coil is irrelevant)

Excellent point. In winding an induction motor and generators the degree of seperation of the windings is very important. Same pricipal applies to electro magnets as well.
Vast amounts of research and money have gone into the study of proper winding, and degree of seperation for better efficiency. However my friend I can gaurantee you that my method is the crudest possible.
I simply use coffee cans and tupperware containers. Tupperware containers seem to work the best for me, and they come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Leave enough "lead" out of the wire. Temporarily scotch tape it to the bottom of the container and start winding manually, till you have that magic number. 250. Tupperware has no edges on it so pulling the wire off of it is usually a smooth ride. Again no real science here

As far as shape. I have done the old dougnut as well as some that are octagon. But it is really difficult for me to keep them in that shape without taping the crap out of them. I have never tried a square or anything like that though.

However I personally started getting results when I gave the coils a couple small twist before taping.

I must stress that I have absolutely no degree in this stuff and the results of my "experiments" has been more trial and error than a well thought out hypothesis with conclusive results. I just happen to have a basic understanding of electricity and thought it would be fun to try out. I hope this answers your questions correctly

And... Did you accidentally zap yourself! (Since that's always the funny bit)

No not during these "experiments". But I would be a liar if I told you i've never been nailed before.

Regarding the wire, was this uninsulated as I would of thought if it were than the current would not travel through the coil but just take the path of least resisitance where it touched or perhaps this is unimportant.

This is very important. Yes the wire is insulated. but not like you think of insulation like you have in your house wiring. It's more of a varnish coat than anything.

I am assuming you used copper wire, could you use steel wire for maybe a little more endurance.

Yes I used copper wire. I seriously doubt steel wire would be any better. Other than the fact copper is a better conductor, copper also has heat dissipation qualities that most steel used for this application could probably not hold.
However I guess I don't know for certain . I've never considered it I suppose.

Keep thinking though. Who knows who holds the answer for a public break through in this technology and effect.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by highfreq]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XL5

Consider that electricity, at one point, level, or another, can help create gravititational effect? As in Dr. Li's experiments, she used a superconducting material that occupied the often forgotten Bose/Einstein condensate state of matter. The tight latticework of spinning ion's create an overall net gravitational effect that is quite surprising.

Dr. Podkletnov managed to reduce overall gravitational effect by 2%. Further, he was able to create a gravitational wave.

What Mr. Bushman represents here is certainly not anti-grav (at least, not in the form he provided). However, considering possible earthly applications, it still represents some outstanding work in the field (as well as representing his poor understanding of the true extent of the concept he was displaying...i believe he is mimicing a basic explanation provided by some engineer along the way).

There are others who have/had some solid research in this field. I am trying to dig out the names to help us all connect the dots. Since today was StuporBowl sunday, i didn't do much research. I will hit another lick tomorrow and report back to the ATSers with some interesting updates.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I believe that ufo's run on some kind of magnetic energy.

Crop circles alter the local electromagnetic field; often compasses cannot locate north, and cameras and cellular phones malfunction.
Whole packs of fresh batteries are drained in minutes, and the frequencies involved have been known to affect helicopter and aircraft equipment.
Radio frequencies are markedly different inside their space; local farm animals avoid the crop circles or simply act agitated hours before one materializes; and car batteries in entire villages fail to operate the morning after one is found nearby.
In some major events, entire towns have been left without power.

I've read about alot of ufo sightings around nuclear power plants, and wonder why the are attracted to them so much!

You might have seen the u tube video from space showing all the ufo's being attracted to the lightning when it storms!
It all runs together in some sort of way!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Took a bit of searching but found one of the photos. I first came across this a few years ago, actually I think there are three or four photos of this unit. If real it shows the 'coil' with better clarity than Ed Walters /88 polaroids.

Coil Type UFO: www.ufoevidence.org...

Dallas

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeedToNo
This appears to be(not sure looking at the video) based on the well known Lenz-Law, induced magnetic field opposing magnetic flux.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_law

Similar to electro kinetic lifters based on electro static effects.

members.fortunecity.com...

AHH yes the Flux Capaciter created by Dr. Emit Brown in back to the future. LOL

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I was thinking along those lines as well. The way the coil popped up is a little too reminiscent of an electro magnet popping up then off (the way it jerked up) as oposed to something nullifying gravity in a general area effect. I have however heard of Electro Gravetics. For those interested in the 9 part youtube ducumentary here it is ...

Part 1 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 2 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 3 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 4 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 5 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 6 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 7 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 8 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...
Part 9 of 9 - uk.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i took electrical wiring at a vocational school for my aspirations to become a master electrician one day...

anyways we had a lot of time to play with stuff like that and yeah it is real

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ATS could easily repeat the experiment where he dropped two rocks, one with opposing magnets in it, the other without.

If we wanted to, we could repeat that experiment.

If ATS is unable, perhaps we can get Myth Busters to do it?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

I recognise this from the UK Channel 5 documentary "The Real UFOs". The whole doc was available on YouTube a few months ago, probably still is.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Strangeglove

Thanks for the information Dr Strangelove, i will keep an eye open for it, fascinating stuff!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thank you to all the experimenters et al out there for posting your findings. clearly the Lenz effect can be duplicated.

Has this effect been advanced and applied to anti-gravity is the $64.000 question though.

One of the things that seems to suggest itself though is a lot of power would be needed and I guess that is the reason Boyd mentioned the nuclear reactor in the aircraft he says was flown by Lockheed.

As a general anti-grav summary I found the document below a useful guide to many of the proposed ideas out there together with an FAQ.

Source

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
ATS could easily repeat the experiment where he dropped two rocks, one with opposing magnets in it, the other without.

If we wanted to, we could repeat that experiment.

If ATS is unable, perhaps we can get Myth Busters to do it?

Mythbusters are a bunch of idiots. I mean, the guy with a beret is kinda cool, but i wouldn't drink a beer with him.

I was watching last night, and they were trying to test the "myth" of comic books having a guy, when punched with a ring, have a mark left in the shape of that ring (they used a skull ring).

These morons...they took pigs skin and placed it over a skull, then punched it with a rubber fist wearing a ring. The fist was powered by a pneumatic hammer.

All they managed to do was tear the skin and break the skull. They then triumphantly declared the myth busted.

They did not account for edemic response, bruising...the actual life responses of soft tissue when exposed to highly localized trauma (as in a ring design).

if i was doing battlebots, then i would certainly choose them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join