It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallucination By Consensus: There Are No Grays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

By the early 1970s, there were already means available to alter the moods of unsuspecting persons. A pocket-sized transmitter generating electromagnetic energy at less than 100 milliwatts could do the job. This is no pie-in-the- sky theory. In 1972, Dr. Gordon J.F. McDonald testified before the House Subcommittee on Oceans and International Environment on the issue of electromagnetic weapons used for mind control and mental disruption. He stated: ...

Source: Richard Dolan, "UFOs and the National Security State"

What strikes me as an essential turning point in this COINTELPRO operation was the beginning of the "expose" of two particular items that hold sway in certain "conspiracy" circles to this very day: Alien Abduction and Satanic Ritual Abuse.

The Gray alien scenario was "leaked" by Budd Hopkins. Whitley Strieber´s alien abduction books, including Communion, followed a few years after. Prior to the publication of these books, the ubiquitous "Gray aliens" had never been seen before. ....

Source: Whole article here

Grays don't exist. They simply don't exist. Creatures that vaguely resemble the "classic" gray certainly do exist. They are the devils of yesterday. Today they are reticulans. Even some people who know they don't exist as described still call them reticulans now, as a kind of shorthand.

But there is no evidence of them. None.

The few witnessed abductions include observations of helicopters, humans in SAS / SWAT gear, and so on. The grays people claim to see or now in the YouTube age video are elongated swift grey-fleshed monsters with distorted black eyes. Alien, insectoid, monstrous. Slightly reptilian.

The rest- all of it- is no more than smoke and mirrors.

Before the reticulan nonsense contaminated UFOlogy people were open to any reported phenomenon, any kind of alien. Remember the goblins of Hopkinsville? The pincered weirdos in Pascagoula? The blue men? The cycloptic giants of Moscow? The MOTHMEN?

The reality is weirder and the terrain is rougher. No simple neat answers with grays. No simple cop out for the reality behind the illusions.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Large Quotes/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/4/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sorry, but grays were discovered before this.

Betty and Barney Hill for example.

further back = cave paintings.
With all the threads on the "gray" issue you can check out, this just doesn't fly.

I believe that the truth is stranger than fiction, but not in this case.

b

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wish I could agree with you, unfortunately I've had very brief first hand experience in the matter.

They are not the demons people talk about either. Those are something else. I don't know exactly WHAT, but I do know that "demons" and "grey aliens", in reality, are two separate kinds of life forms. They both exist.

No doubt that some, if not many cases, ARE hallucinations caused by some exotic form of mind control. In my case, I had proof (for a little while) that these creatures were actually physical in nature.

I'm not gunna elaborate on the issue any more than this, though. I already have elaborated on it before, and quite honestly... if you do experience this stuff, nowhere on the internet is an appropriate place for you to share this stuff.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching you.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If you read the many version of the Hill encounter, and ALL of the testimony recovered under hypnosis, look at their earliest sketches... The creatures may -may- be the real "grays"... But just as easily could be something wildly different.

The disinformation campaign crushed lots of different experiences into a "one size fits all" portmanteau category and that is more than unfortunate.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Yeah like I said in the original post there are chalkfaces out there but not the chalkfaces described in the disinformation / Reticulan industry.

I respect your experience and your decisions.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Good post, and I am going to officially *yank* that saying, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching you."

I love it.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by vision
Good post, and I am going to officially *yank* that saying, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching you."

I love it.

Thats Nirvana lyrics. So the credit goes to Kurt Cobain for that one!!

Territorial Pissings -Nevermind

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of aliens, let alone "Greys". Using anecdotal evidence as a basis for saying they exist is, well, rather petty. I know it'd be cool if they did, but so far there is no evidence. Cave paintings are not good evidence, as we don't know if what was painted was either accurate or representing something in the real world. Heck, I've seen paintings in art galleries of stuff that has never, and can never exist (M C Escher springs to mind).

I'm not being rude or disrespectful, I'm just pointing out the rest of the world laughs at us because we jump to conclusions. You read stuff on here about people discussing different types of aliens like you'd discuss different types of fish, as if there's bucked-loads of evidence these things are real, when we haven't even made the first step in discussing them, which is getting cold, hard, scientific proof they exist. Until that happens, everything is speculation, and when speculation is passed off as fact, it makes the speculator look, well, out of it.

Again, sorry if this causes offense.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I basically agree with you except- there is evidence for some alien life forms, or to put it better, nonhuman intelligences. They just don't fit the pattern of the classic grays, reptilians etc.etc.etc. and I agree that most of the evidence is "poor"- in a couple of ways: it's either shaky evidence, or it's good evidence that contains an element that invalidates the facts one could otherwise conclude. But that could be evidence of sophistication not falsehood.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The Grey in society and culture

1890-1950

Although the exact appearance of the Grey has varied with time and media, the overall concept of "a thin diminutive grey figure with a bulbous bald head, large almond shape eyes, and minimal facial features", has existed in popular culture for over 100 years. Grey-like beings have appeared in numerous science fiction stories from the late 19th century onwards; including H.G. Wells' Of a Book Unwritten, The Man of the Year Million; in which Wells writes about the hypothesis that the increasing industrialization of society would lead to humans developing into Grey-like beings with shrunken bodies and enlarged brains, and his 1901 book The First Men in the Moon in which he describes the moon dwelling Selenites as being short, grey skinned creatures, with high foreheads, no nose, and bulging eyes who walked with a strange gait due to their oddly articulated legs.

Wiki

In addition, I know from a personal encounter that "Greys" are very real.
It's ok if you do not believe in them...They believe in You.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I don't want this to get bogged down in semiotics but-

the Grays- the treaty with them, all that crap- was disinformation.

As I said above I am personally 100% sure that some sort of chalkfaced / beige entity is alive and walking around out there, but they are NOT the Grays of the mythos. They are something else.

They don't come from Zeta Reticuli, pace Marjorie Fish and all.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
People like to believe this crap, we should just leave them be.

I mean a lot of people believe Homer's a real person..

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I guess so- leave people to their religious beliefs and all that. It makes it difficult though when religious belief style thinking clouds reports.

Also due to the modding around here I am taking a break. I am tired of the arbitrariness.

new topics

top topics

join