It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light over Michigan - Photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My guess would be light reflecting off a layer of low level stratus. If its not that it could be a phenomenen called "zodiacal light" This occurs when the sun is below the horizon and the suns light is scattered by dust particles giving a sort of glow. However this usually occurs just before sunrise

Being in the meteorology industry I suggest you take a look at this link, it can be pretty helpful for unusual atmospheric phenomenen

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well since someone decided to take down the best picture here it is again.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
As a few members have mentioned, this "aura" type glow might very well be the result of a combination of meteorological factors. The city lights of Sarnia being reflected from a low, dense cloud cover onto the reflective surface of Lake Huron. The light is then reflected back up only to be reflected, once again, from the clouds.

I've seen this sort of aura before when I used to go fishing at Point Moulie, in Southeastern, MI. Point Moulie lies, literally, in the shadow of the Enrico Fermi Nuclear Power Plant. I used to go fishing there quite often in the Winter as the waters of the Point seldom, if ever, freeze over. Warm water from the plant is released into the waters there often causing a fog-like haze. The light from the plant seems to be reflected through the steamy haze causing a similar hazy aura.

In fact, considering that there are numerous petrochemical plants in Sarnia, ON, one might also consider that the atmospheric pollutants that plants like PetroCan release might also, somehow, be factored into this equation. I've seen some truly colorful sunsets around Sarnia because of the emissions from those plants.

Nevertheless, it does make for an interesting effect.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

This may have something to do with Oct 14, 2008 when a mass landing of UFO's are predicted. They could be staging now.....this could be the reason for the strange lights in a remote area of the Earth.

Check it out on You Tube.com

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Michigan is well known for the northern lights

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join