It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus & Santa Claus are Mushrooms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Manna in the Ark of the Covenant
Moses built this elaborate device to carry the Manna Mushroom through the wilderness. To look inside the ark was punishable by death. The box itself is of little import, or spiritual value. What is important is what was inside the ark. The Long and tedious search for this artifact, shows either a complete missing-of-the-point, or a deliberate mis-direction of attention.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nobody can say for sure what the Manna was. We do know however that in the desert area where they passed through there lives a tree called tamarisk (sp?). The drops of juice from this tree looks like pearls when it dries, and it has a sweet taste. This is called manna, and this is probably what is spoken of in Exodus 2. But the term manna has many meanings. Did I mention every word which comes out of God's mouth?.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
[Edited on 4-6-2004 by kinglizard]

MJ

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
I believe that guy was on coasttocoastam awhile back.
Truly insane. Promoting eating deadly mushrooms???

Yes he was on Coast to Coast with George Noory proving once again more and more that coast to coast will put any kind of moron on their show to make a buck.
That guy went on and on that this is a mushroom and that is a mushroom calling all most anything and everything related to a mushroom. After a half hour i turned em off assueming they were smoking mushrooms in the studio.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJ
After a half hour i turned em off assueming they were smoking mushrooms in the studio.

Silly novise, you don't smoke shrooms, you eat them
, and they have been involved in just about every religion and mystic school since the very beginning. But I wouldn't recommend it, there are many people who have turned beyond crazy by eating these things. I have tried a couple of different variants, and it could be compared to '___'. At one point I could "see" everything on a molecular level, how everything we see is constructed along a grid of circles and spirals. I could "see" the winds. Quite disturbing if I had been one of them who end up in an eternal acid loop, unable to get out of that world.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
~note: This info was compiled by James Arthur - and more info can be found at www.jamesarthur.net~

After studying the Amanita muscaria mushroom for some twenty years, I fell into the company of some very enthusiastic folks who insisted that I commit this study to writing. It is one thing to talk about the many various religious writings which I have been looking into, and found ample mushroom symbology to present a verbal case for ethnomycological reference, but another thing entirely to compile it into book form. For one thing, in order to present a full scope of significant inter-religious connections verbally one can jump from one religious context to another, traversing a wide scope of references in several religions, weaving an overall scope of the similarities found in each. But in order to write a book on the subject I found that separating the different religious references into their respective chapters was the best way to go. So I try to limit the temptation to jump from one religion to another, and keep it to a minimum.

Edit: Snipped the Cut & Paste down to a reasonable size. Please DO NOT cut & paste entire articles.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
~This info was originally from the mind of James Arthur--similar info can be found at www.jamesarthur.net~

One of the traditions, of ornamenting a tree, comes from the tradition of "The Paradise tree", a fir tree decorated with apples (representing the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden). This �fruit� will be discussed later as the Amanita. During Germany's Middle Ages, a popular play, which was symbolic of the paradise story, was staged on December 24th (the religious feast day of Adam and Eve) . Two more symbolic connections with the mushroom are the candles and cookies that were also hung on the tree (candles = Christ; cookies = wafers of the Christian sacrament). This ornament is of particular interest because of its association with the fruit of the tree of knowledge and the Amanita muscaria. This indicates that there have always been people "In the Know" from time to time. According to Apocryphal texts and other older ones, the "Fruit of the Tree of Life" and the more recently added "Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge" were originally one in the same.

So, why do people bring Pine trees into their houses at the Winter Solstice, placing brightly colored (Red and White) packages under their boughs, as gifts to show their love for each other and as representations of the love of God and the gift of his Sons life?

It is because, underneath the Pine bough is the exact location where one would find this "Most Sacred" Substance, the Amanita muscaria, in the wild (in Nature). These mushrooms grow in a symbiotic/mycorrhizal relationship with the Pine tree, which means they always grow underneath it. The symbolic placing of gifts under the tree at Christmas is a sort of proxy-present-giving action, whereby the celebrants ritually mimic the work of God/Santa/Nature, by placing under the tree a gift (actually The gift). Big clue here: Winter brings rain; rain brings mushrooms, In the mountains, at Christmas time, under the Pine trees. Then and there will you find that which unlocks the key mysteries of the Universe, through a multi-dimensionalizing of the consciousness in a way that no other known substance can. This Gnosis (joining together of your mind with the mind of the Universal Consciousness) is what the Sages, Mystics, Teachers, and Prophets were attempting to communicate through their rampant symbolism. (Had they not feared persecution, they may have spoken of it openly and directly in public documents.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All over the world, people bring Coniferous trees into their houses and place brightly colored packages underneath them. In Nature, this is where you will find the Amanita muscaria (under coniferous trees). The actual mushroom "plant" is the underground "mycelium" or "mycorrhizae", which is directly attached to the tree roots; the mushroom itself is only the fruit-body of the mycelium. The mushroom is literally the Fruit of the Tree. They grow in a mycorrhizal (not parasitic) relationship with the tree. Many people follow the tradition/custom of bringing a tree into the home and putting presents under it, yet have absolutely no idea why. Even people that think they know, usually have no knowledge of these mushroom connections. The true symbolic meaning transcends dogmatic etymological and historical evidence, by revealing itself in the totally obvious iconography and historically associated myths and traditions.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You guys have WAY too much time on your hands...or not enough on your minds...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
BTW � I don�t believe Jesus and Santa Claus are derived from the red Amanita mushroom. I just thought it would make a good conversation, although some of the similarities are difficult to ignore.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
::takes grain of salt::

::pops the cap of the salt shaker and downs the whole bottle::

well, i've had some good jesus and santa in the past then

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

ahem

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes Psychedelic Mushrooms are Very STRONG - not for Newbies. I have done both Shrooms & Acid/'___'. Shrooms are Stronger than Acid. There are generally 2 types of Acid - strong & weak - Gelcaps & Blotter.
Co-incidentaly - as to pay tribute to my British Friends above posting - Some of the BEST BLOTTER ACID that I ever had was called
"Jesus Christ Super-Star" - Amazing Visuals!!!! I don't do that stuff anymore - it was a while back in my college days - doing too much turns you into a FLAKE!!!

P.S. Don't get caught by a "Law Enforcement Officer" with these substances on you - depending on the amount you can go to Jail for a VERY LONG TIME!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There is also a relationship between badgers, snakes and mushrooms. I bid you to go see:

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Though I don't dispute the pagan origins of Christianity, the links made here are very tenuous. To say that they are over-reaching is an understatement.

1.Saint Nicholas is the patron Saint of children in Siberia (Russia), a supplanter to the indigenous Shaman.

He's also the patron saint of just about everything else!!!
www.stnicholascenter.org...
And this is by no means an exhaustive list!!!!

2.The Amanita muscaria mushrooms grow nearly exclusively under the Christmas (Coniferous) Trees (Birch also [another whole story]).

Nope. It grows just as much under oak.
www.bluewillowpages.com...
Anyway, Christmas trees are a relatively new invention.

3.The Reindeer eat these mushrooms, hence the presumed flight.

Reindeer do appear to like them. But as for flying? We'll have to take your word for that one!!! They better be careful this year too. Norad are on the case.
www.noradsanta.org...

4.Santa brings presents in his white bag/sack. Mushrooms are gathered in bags, and Amanita muscaria sprouts out of a white vulvae sack.

White? Where does it say that white is the colour of Santa's sack? Surely it's always red or green?

5.The mushrooms are red and white and grow under a green tree. Christmas colors are red, white and green.

Not entirely true. The mushrooms vary in colour. See the link under two.

6.Typically, the red and white mushrooms are dried by stringing them on the hearth of the fireplace. Christmas stockings are red and white, hung in the same way, and shaped similar.

Dude. I dry my underpants in front of the fire sometimes. Does that mean that Santa is based on my Y Fronts?

7.The Virgin Birth is symbolic for the "seedless" growth/germination pattern of the mushroom. To the ancient mind, with no microscope to see the spores, it's appearance was thought to be miraculous.

Mushrooms are also born after growing in #e. I don't see anyone trying to make the connection there though.

8.The very name, "Christmas" is a holiday name composed of the words, "Christ" (meaning "one who is anointed with the Magical Substance") and "Mass" (a special religious service/ceremony of the sacramental ingestion of the Eucharist, the "Body of Christ").

Your definition of Christ is a little bit off the mark. But I'll give you the mass/eucharist link.

But anyway. Bugger the mushrooms. If anything it all started with Thorn Apples!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Really interesting post Kinglizard. Can't believe I missed that one.

Certainly we're not the firsts to try eating magical mushrooms, so what's to say those who written history hadn't?

That's food for thoughts that I like.

LOL@Otts

Thoses badgers are evil.

[edit on 17-7-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This whole topic is one of the things I like about ATS.

Guys, if I REALLY set my mind to it, and looked really hard, I could find undeniable proof that the Incredible Hulk was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Don't ask me to though, it would take alot of searching.lol

But the exchange of ideas, no matter how hair-brained, is something that should not be ridiculed. The UFO community has suffered for years because of this very thing.

However, the Santa Clause that we know of today,(red suit, jolly fat guy) is based more on pagan beliefs than Christian. It sprang out as an effort to convert northern Europeans(i think)while including some of there previous beliefs in order to make the transition easier.

As for the relationship between Jesus, Santa Clause, and mushrooms, I think you would have to be on mushrooms to come up with, or buy into it. Still, interesting and well thought out theory though.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here is a little help in understanding the origin of christmas. If you rearrange the letters you will have SATAN LUCSA (lucifer)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join