It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Conspiracy with Godlikeproductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Okay, there is a rivalry of sorts with Godlikeproductions.com and ATS, if you can actually compare the two websites. I think ATS wins hands down for quality content and professional staff.

Regardless, I have noticed this icon in my "favorites" pull-down menu for over a year now. I never really thought much of it, other than it is a glitch somewhere in my favorites, and I swear I in no way manipulated the icons.

Here is a screenshot of my favorites pull-down menu with Firefox:

Notice the icon for Godlikeproductions is an ATS icon, the same as two lines up is my actual link to belowtopsecret.

How did Godlikeproductions get the ATS icon placed on it??

[edit on 3-2-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You're not alone, but for me the ATS icon is beside a headline news site I visit.
Perhaps the glitch is in Firefox and not a problem from the originating site.

And as you stated, I also haven't altered the icons in any way, if I knew how I'd change it to something other than ATS.

EDIT: I just looked at the stats for both boards and GLP doesn't hold a candle to a site like ATS.
We've had over 55,000 visitors today compared to about 7,000 for GLP.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Have either of you guys tried making both sites a favorite in IE, and seeing if the icons come out differently? That would establish whether it's a Firefox thing or not, right?

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The favicon for Above is not the same as mine... (actually I really don't need favicons or their "subtlety") but yours looks the way it used to some time ago. Actually I don't like favicons or other "window dressing"... I'm a black screen txt person anyway.

Maybe blow away your history, User/Local Settings/temp and net files and reboot... the favicons should reload when you get back on the Net. I have had icons from Tom's Hardware appear in my favs as the CBC... I'd bet Godlike isn't very or responsible in any way. They don't have the jam to perform anything net-technical even at the most basic levels... let alone manipulate anyhing of value. I saw some interesting code... /b/tards, that used favicons in a different manner than their creators likely intended.

Do a search... WordPress had an article about favicons and them showing in IE but not Moz or Opera. There's dozens of favicon hassle pages to help.

Nicely documented for sure a pic says much. Good luck.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Only one thought comes to mind here, when you mentioned this.

The Zeta's did it!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It could be possible that the 'godlikeproductions' link was saved from the ATS site, even from years ago. I went to the godlikeproductions.com website and saved this under my 'favorites' as a test. The 'favorite icon' showed what appears to be a black colored, alien head with slanted green eyes. This is nothing close to resembling the 'ATS' icon. I don't use Firefox, by the way, but am thinking of getting one.
:w:

[edit on 2008-2-3 by pikypiky]

[edit on 2008-2-3 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Yes, I just tried it with IE and it works fine. It is just an Firefox issue. I am going to try to delete them and type the URL's directly then resave them in favorites to see if they change.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just saved GLP in my Firefox bookmarks to see what happens and I got the little alien as an icon.

The ATS thing is an oddity, but I'll watch this thread to see if anything definitive comes up.
I certainly don't think GLP would want to intentionally promote ATS by screwing with the icons, just how much traffic could they divert with something so simple as an icon ?

[edit on 3/2/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is a problem with your web browser or computer and not a mini conspiracy with godlikeproductions. But hey, you never really know..do you?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would scan for viruses, and probobly more likely, adware. I had a similar problem with my laptop when I had a ton of adware on there. A majority of my icons on IE were the wrong ones. After I fixed the adware problem the icon problem went away.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
'I' am going out on limb here and saying glp's screwed my hd times two.
Way to hackable. And just plain weird. lol. Weirder than here rofl. The talisman jacky chan wantabe in fl does not respond to complaints either.

new topics

top topics

join