It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Have A Split Personality, Or Is There More Than One Supreme Being?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This was actually in reply to another post, but it is the same concept and so I am pasting my answer with a link to the original thread I responded to.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dear OP,
This (the reason there is confusion about the contrasting character of God) is because the current population at large has missed the concept of balance in paradoxes that exist and are explained by many scriptures, but primarily the Judeo-Christian theology. It is generally easy to explain, but I have found it more than difficult to clarify to people when they are so wrapped up in the current, terrible doctrines of our age.

Gods have expressed themselves in a two-fold way. At our current point in history, the J-C theology understands those to be Comfort (aka the Holy Spirit) which proceeds from the Father, and Christ (the Anointed) which proceeds from the Father. More specifically, Comfort proceeded from Christ which proceeded from the Spirit of the Lord, which was expressed alongside the Word of the Lord. Not so coincidentally, it was the Word which was being expressed directly in Christ. So then, the primary and first expressions of the Creators in this world were Order/Charity. In the times of old, they were known as the Spirit of God (mentioned above), the Word of God (mentioned above), and there are other names as well. One more specific pairing, commonly used by the Jews for being or not being under God, is Counsel and Understanding.
---
Deu 32:28 For they are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them.
Job 12:13 With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
Pro 8:14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
Pro 20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.
---

So then, the paradox of balancing Order (justice, peace, design, etc) with Charity (giving, compassion, freedom, etc) is completed and perfected in what we understand to be "The Father," or Elohim. They are the fullness of existence, or also known as YHWH, etc.

Further...

If Elohim truly is the Fullness of Existence, the concept of Void is, in and of itself, nonsensical. While it is nonsensical, it is the paradox created and entered into by the Creators. So, for those who ask, "Can God create a rock He cannot lift?" The answer is both yes and no. Everything created Nothing in order to even exist in that. A paradox answered by a paradox and the best example is the contradiction of our own world and our own lives. Mankind is capable of seeing the Order of the stars and elements, but lacks Charity and have become Pride. Mankind is capable of being Charitable through tolerance and non-violent action, but lacks Order and has become Chaos.

Digressing, life grew up from the Void by the breath of the Creator. This is what we understand to be the universal Soul of life (Spirit through the Void). Also, life came down from above. This is what we understand to be the Spirit (Spirit from the Fullness). All have the same Soul, but not all have the same Spirit. More so, as our Flesh (Flesh from below) is all one which came from the Void, Christ (Flesh from above) came down from above and is One with those who are likewise given His Spirit.

Whether seen, or unseen, from the Void, or from the Fullness, the Creators have created, entered and mastered all things and this is exemplified in those (the Elect) who They are unified with in Faith and therefore eternity and in those (the carnal man) who They simply use as a "frame" to display the arts of OrderCharity.
---
Jhn 10:24-38
Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly. Joshua answered them, I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Joshua answered them, Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me? The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God. Joshua answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, You are gods? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, You are blaspheming, because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.

Jhn 17:20-26
I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.
---

more...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Something else that must be clarified is the understanding of Christ being inside of a person, and Comfort (commonly understood to be the Holy Spirit) being inside of a person. Those who have Christ and Comfort, they are the Children of God, and like Christ, will be glorified through eternal unity with Elohim.
---
Rom 8:18-30
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
---

Order without Charity is Pride.
Charity without Order is Chaos.
Pride and Chaos are Void.
OrderCharity are the Fullness of Existence.
Who are you a son of? Who/what will you be when you mature beyond this age?

Mar 12:30-31
And you shall give to the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: You shall give to your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

And in response to more current Godhead Theology, my third post...
---

The Trinity is a bastardization of the concept of the Godhead and limits the understanding of how and in what God is manifested.

The Spirit proceeds from the Father. The Word Proceeds from the Father. If the Trinity is truly co-equal as Trinitarians would have you believe, who does the Father proceed from? If He does not proceed from anything, and it is the Spirit and Word who proceed from the Father only (which is the case), then we see a gradient of One being which also encompasses other manifestations such as, Spirit of the Lord/Word of the Lord, Comfort/Christ and also the individual believer (if you believe Christ's words).

While Father, Son, and Spirit (in terms of Trinitarian doctrine) are meant to make it easier to see the paradox of God, it drastically compartmentalizes the Creators and enables very unwise men to set up false idols based on false images of God. Christianity, at a very early point in it's history, became Paganized. For example, Christmas was never suggested as a holiday by scripture, but rather, it was initiated by the ruler of the Empire of the time, who is known as Constantine. Look him up, it's really sad and twisted. Christianity is almost nothing it claims to be, very similar to Judaism in the time of Christ and Spiritualists in the time of Abraham.

Look to Elohim and know them, the One true Gods.

You will go where you set your eyes.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Dasher

ah yes, the pendulum of apollo and dionysus.

apollo tyrannical order
dionysus freedom and chaos

not sure how far i buy into that but it is interesting

what you're basically saying is good cop bad cop
democrat and republican
hot and cold.
good and evil.
and we should tip toe down the center like a balancing act

why then does jehovah say "i would that you were either hot or cold, but you're lukewarm. therefore i will spew you out of my mouth." ?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
apollo tyrannical order
dionysus freedom and chaos

not sure how far i buy into that but it is interesting

what you're basically saying is good cop bad cop

I fully understand why you think this is what I am communicating, but it isn't.
Hear me out for a second before replying in your mind.
Afterward, please, by all means, I am curious as to your thoughts.

The two options are ultimately either Permanent, or Impermanent.
Permanent things are that which are established by OrderCharity.
Impermanent things are that which are established by Chaos or Pride.

Charity is the concept of giving from oneself.
Order is the concept of structure.
Chaos is the concept of blindness and independence.
Pride is the concept of selfishness.

Charity is the inverse of Chaos and the opposite of Pride.
Order is the inverse of Pride and the opposite of Chaos.

Order, without being unified with Charity is Pride.
Charity, without being unified with Order is Chaos.

Consider the cycle of Empires.
Empires rise up in Order, but without knowing the people they are leading, the Empire becomes Pride which creates Chaos.
The response of the people crying out for Charity from their leaders is to eventually rebel with violence and they become the Chaos which creates Pride.
This all leads to a new empire and a new cycle.

There is much life that comes from this process and like the life cycle and civilized usage of a tree (in an ecologically balanced form) it is very dramatic, but very beautiful and much can be gained, understood, and had to be thankful for.

However, as we commonly understand about our world, it is one of limited resources. At some point, we must continue the spiritual progress that God has gifted us with in a helix (which becomes a direction which becomes the Fullness of Existence) rather than a circle (which, in our world runs out, even if in a trillion times trillion life times). The illusion of this world leads us to believe that circles are infinite, but they are not, they are the most infinite we can understand, but it is it's own limitation.

The trick to this concept is to understand that we are never going to relieve ourselves of our design. Meaning, we are always going to need water, dirt, air and sun. We may be able to replicate many aspects of life, but we will always need to toil to survive. Christ brought water that quenches an eternal thirst that cannot be quenched in this life. What is that water? As Abraham knew, it is Counsel and Understanding. It is OrderCharity. It is the balance that does not exist in our paradoxical world. However, as we understand that, and honor our Creators, and do our best to humbly imitate Them, we will bring much health to our world and lives. We are able to manifest aspects of Gods in this world, but only by the gifts of Them who are already the Fullness.

Lastly, for now, I'd like to touch on the idea of where we are. From the Void, which can be understood to be the end of Pride and Chaos, we were made. We were made by The Fullness who made the Void. So in effect, God did not create Chaos or Pride, but rather, Chaos and Pride are the result of Void becoming OrderCharity.

Imagine a triangle. The top being OrderCharity, the bottom right being Chaos and the bottom left being Pride.

The bottom of the triangle is Void, the top is the Fullness.
The true spiritual progress begins with basic matter. Add some Order (structure, dna, physics, etc), add some Charity (movement), and you have a universe. Now add some more Order and Charity (adaptation, evolution, either or, just think the idea of growth), and you have life. Add some more, and you have more complex life. Add some more, and now you have life that is able to look at itself. Add some more, and now you have life that can manipulate itself, it's surroundings, in complex ways. Add some more, and you have the beginning of judges!!!! Add some more, and you have good judges! And guess what, through the course of our history, we have had a man claim that goo judges will be cared for and unified to the Good Judges who come down to us.

So again, we live where Order and Charity are not yet unified, and this world cannot contain such a thing. But we have been promised, whether as seen in the stars, scriptures, or our own hearts, that the unification of Order and Charity will come and put to death the temporal world in which we live. If life can be written on inanimate objects, how much more life can be written on the on the good judges who came from the inanimate objects? After all, we are all simply the dirt that dances.

Originally posted by undo
why then does jehovah say "i would that you were either hot or cold, but you're lukewarm. therefore i will spew you out of my mouth." ?

Just to clarify once more, in this analogy lukewarm would be considered impermanent, as would be either cold or hot, as long as the opposite is taken to mean permanent, but only for the sake of explaining. Hot or cold are not, in and of themselves, judged better or worse, nor is lukewarm. Simply, a point was being made that unity is either a yes or no, not a half way kinda thing.

I hope this all makes sense. It can be a lot to hear and it is surely a lot to type.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by Dasher]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Separate post for a comment on my own reference to the Empire.

Consider, no Empires last. Tribes last, except when crushed by an Empire who refer to them as barbarians (in the case of Rome) or terrorists (in the case of the USA, which of course they can be in a very small percentage of cases, but that is not the point).

Look at the Jewish tribe and other, more modern Elite groups. They have much because they treat each other like they are one tribe. While this can lead to having power in the world, which they do have, and imperfect men with power are often seen as evil, we cannot hate any one group. They have done well to achieve power, but they can admittedly wield it poorly at times, but only because they are just as human as you and I. The only difference is my failures hurt few and their failures hurt many. Regardless, we are all the same. Do not withhold compassion from the Powers of this world if you hope the Powers of this world and the next world to have compassion on you.

So then, those of us in Chaos, we must become Orderly to return to being Charity.
Those of us who are in Pride, we must become Charitable to return to being Order.

Pride, do not tear down the people, but rather, become Charitable and you will truly be a hand of God.
Chaos, do not tear down the government, but rather, become Orderly and you will truly be free.

People who are good judges (Chaos which becomes Charity through Order) have no need of an overwhelming and Prideful government.
Governments/Economic Powers who are good judges (Pride which becomes Order through Charity) have no need to fear rebellion.

Heed this, eternal rest comes from the depths of the secret places and is only given and is only truly manifested in fullness by Elohim who is YHWH who is the Fullness of Existence, the one true Gods. The Children of God grow up to be like their Father and their Father glorifies them.

One OrderCharity, One Tribe. Jews, Christians, Muslims, be good judges as your Father in Heaven are Good Judges. A good judge does not judge blindly.

If we continues in Pride and Chaos, we are headed for much death. Everyone, especially people on this forum can see this.

Be good judges. Even towards bad judges.

[edit on 10/14/2009 by Dasher]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
dasher,

excellent thoughts! thanks for sharing them.
i do believe you've just summed up the entire point of the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join