It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Have A Split Personality, Or Is There More Than One Supreme Being?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
I believe there are various types of dreams. One type is our unconscienceness winding down from the day or week. In this type, our daily lives get jumbled up with our unconscienc though processes. Another type is a sort if vision. It sounds like you may be having the vision type, but it could be a stress dream caused from your distress of having them and not remembering them...so hard to say. Do these dreams awaken you so much that you can't go back to sleep?

I've heard my name called out loud from my sleep before when noone else was in the house. An eery feeling, I must tell you. These are the kinds of things that led me on my quest.

idle_rock,
thank you for your response as I think you are very closely hitting on what I am talking about.
I can't help but think that they are a type of vision. As in one instance, I awoke weeping, because I was losing the memory and I was begging to hang onto it.
Then an inner-type voice instructed me to contact *********, a member here, that I didn't even know. I was told this person could help me. member is slowly, cautiously helping me. I have not been given permission to give out member's name here. Or any of the instructions given to me, other than keeping a pen and paper by the bed.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well I'm not here for points...makes no difference to me whether I get them or not.

As for your dreams, it's hard to help you with limited information. It sounds like you have a connection with someone that is helping you, though and I believe everything has a reason for being. It sounds so corny and overused, but it's true when you look back at your life and you can see what led you where.

I think you should be patient, relax, continue studying and everything will make sense in its own time. Just remember there's a lot of hogwash on the internet...you can glean snippets of information even from some of the bad ones though. Keep your filter on and remember that everything is not always what it seems.

It sounds like something is leading you on a path you're intended to take. The former poster mentioned Ecclesiastes. It is believed Ecclesiastes was written by Solomon who has the reputation of being the wisest person who ever lived. He became wise through his study and the notice he took of the ups and downs he experienced in his life. He wrote about the ups as well as the downs. It might help you to read that book.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

ir,
I wish that I could be more clear than I am. It is all very confusing to me. All that I can add to this is, yes these dreams or whatever, always wake me up. I feel like it is because I am struggling so hard to be sure that I get it all laid to memory. The whole time I am thinking... I need to retain all of this so that I can post it.

Do you think maybe that I am not meant to post it yet?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can't answer that for you. Gosh everything I say sounds so antiquated, but all I can thiink of is to just be true to yourself and the rest should come. Keep questioning. The answers come gradually.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
I can't answer that for you. Gosh everything I say sounds so antiquated, but all I can thiink of is to just be true to yourself and the rest should come. Keep questioning. The answers come gradually.

i find a lot of wisdom in what you have to say. and for some reason, i feel compelled to question you. hope that doesn't sound weird or antiquated.

EDIT: IR, Why do I get the feeling that you know more than you are saying??

[edit on 9-2-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Probably because I do...HA! Just kidding...I'm just an old fogey. But everyone has to get it on their own. I know this from raising a child...you can't force feed anything...it just seeds rebellion. I "think" you're on the same track I've been on before. And I "think" if you continue on your way, you'll find the same thing I did.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

(sizzle stomping foot) "Okay then! I will!" LOL!
IR; Someday, I'll grow up too. I want it all so fast. and sometimes it seems that it's coming so fast, I can't grasp it all, then it hits a roadblock, and I get nothing. But thanx. Stick around. Maybe you can be of help.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well that's kinda how it is, ya know? You think you get it; something happens and you take a couple steps backward; then you get it again...and it just keeps going. I don't think anyone is complete until they're gone from this earth. Learning is a lifetime experience and life is a learning experience. We have so much information out here now, it CAN overwhelm us.

I just thought of something that might be helpful. Read about Einstein and his thoughts and read some C. S. Lewis (not his children's stories). They're both brilliant and add a lot of insight into personal issues. I'm not sure that's what you're dealing with, but it might help anyway.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by idle_rocker]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Funny that you should mention Einstein, as I was recently reading that his theory of relativity is what brought him to the conclusion that there had to be a master Creator or Supreme Being. Forgot now how it was worded.
Do you have any specific suggestions on where to start on C.S. Lewis? I once tried to read the Screwtapes(?) But at the time, they made no sense to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Screwtapes is the one I would have suggested first, since it's written from the perspective if the devil. "Mere Christianity" is another good one. Also, if you liked Einstein and his views on relativity and science, you would probably most likely get into the books Hugh Ross has written. Here are a couple links:

www.apologeticsindex.org...
www.reasons.org...

The second one goes straight to Ross's website and there's a lot of interesting information there. Good luck. I'll keep watching.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Well no wonder I didn't understand the 'Screwtapes.' I was not enlightened at the time I tried to read it, so i gave it up and passed it on to someone else. That was years ago. Too bad I don't still have it, as I might have a better understanding of it now.
But I do appreciate the other sugg's and I will look into them. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I LOVE this topic!!!

Star and flag

Basically I definatley believe in the Extraterrestrial account of Earthlings' creation ( The Annunaki). I stunbled on this very question and it makes perfect sense that God and the Lord God are two different beings alltogether ( Enki and Enlil)...

Yes it is Lord Enlil ( aka the Lord God) that's always bringing chaos and evil to the mix...He's arrogant, ruthless and as he admits "a JEALOUS god" which would be too petty of a characteristic for an omnipotent being...

Enki ( aka God) was more kinder, caring, and sympathetic to the humans..
He was alos the lead scientist who carried out the cloning of mankind from Annunaki DNA with homo erectus DNA...

Take a look at the Ten Commandments for example ( to see a 'split personality)

-thou shalt not kill
-thou shalt not covet another's wife
-thou shalt not steal
etc

these sound like commandments of a more rationed minded, fair god.

-thou shalt not worship idols( money, jewels, etc)
-thou shalt not speak the Lord's ( aka Lord Enlil) name in vein
-thou shalt not worship any other gods before me (?????)

sounds like an arrogant, upity, ruthless, and sinister god

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

he's referencing sitchin's version but sitchin is basing his version on the text ENKI AND NINMAH, which depicts ENKI AND NINMAH creating "humans" as a contest, and during which, they don't manage to make even one whole human being. all their creations are severly handicapped. They are deliberately making messed up humans so that they can challenge each other to find a job for each other's creations.

that's not a "creation of humans" text, that's a, "let's mess up some humans" text. or at least, it seems so in its current translation.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

you should look at the phonetic spelling of yahweh or jehovah. it's
hay-yah. i know, freaked me out too. i had to do a few double takes on that one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

you should look at the phonetic spelling of yahweh or jehovah. it's
hay-yah. i know, freaked me out too. i had to do a few double takes on that one.

How does that relate to the mantra style chants that the North American Natives used during some of their sacred dances?
There is an old myth about Yahoo (spelling?) as a word for God. Something like that was the word all the people of the world uttered at the same time in order to help lift up the lower sky. It's a weird and crazy sounding myth and your post here sounds like a possible connection.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by Devino]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
i made a mistake. it isn't the phonetic spelling of jehovah but the transliteration spelling of the root word from which jehovah derives: hayah
tiny.cc...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

dunno but what i hear when i read it is EA (who is enki.................)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

You have to understand, the bible is a history book, written before the history happened basically until the NT. The God of the bible is the creator of everything in my belief therefore he would have the traits of everything, He can be wrathful, and he can be loving. its all depends on how you want him to be..... Basically, God is to be feared, not because he IS scary, but because He CAN BE scary, basically a fear out of respect.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by clever024

But how can an omnipotent being posses such petty, human -type characteristics ( jealous, anger, arrogance)?

And how does one interpret God and Lord God being one and the same? If you read Genesis or any other part of the bible for that matter, notice that whenever 'God' is mentioned, it's about peace and showing kindness to the humans.

And whenever 'Lord God' is mentioned, there is chaos, destruction, jealousy, and anger...

They are not one in the same...God is a term and not a proper name for one being....

Lord is a title...this was how the ancients deciphered the more 'ruling' type of God....

God and Lord God

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

LORD is JEHOVAH, which comes from HAYAH
GOD is ELOHIYM which comes from ELOAH, singular EL
so it almost looks like its saying:

EA EL
Which covers both enki and enlil.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>