It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Have A Split Personality, Or Is There More Than One Supreme Being?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
Realities within realities where each reality higher than the last is governed by less laws; hence the fact that the higher realities create the lower realities.

Ah yes, jackpot. And as the Bible says 'As above, so below'. You see, Christ was a genius when it came to spiritual studies, especially 'Kaballah' or the jewish sect of higher-philosophy that he mastered as a child (this part of his life story is omitted from the Bible.)

Where in written form does it state that Jesus studied the Kaballah? I would be very interested in reading that account!

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Very well said Devino!

Thank you BTW, I was late finishing up my second reply and didn't get a chance to add thnx...

Originally posted by OhZone
The bible is not even a "Jewish" account.
It has it roots in Egypt and pre-diluvian Ireland/British Isles/Scandanavia (Atlantis)
In ancient times Off-worlders came to this planet. They displayed their technology. To the Natives this was Magic. Therefore these people were regarded as Gods.

Your points seem to pertain to knowledge from ancient cuneiform tablets made by the Sumerian's in Mesopotamia around 3000 BCE. The "off-worlders" were called the Annunaki by the people of Sumer which means, "those from Heaven to Earth came" and it appears that the human-Annunaki relationship predates the deluge. There are a handful of people in the world that can translate cuneiform and in the 1850's biblical scholars were elated to hear translated stories that seemed to come right out of the bible; like Adam and Eve, the flood and it's survivors and the tower of Babel. This is direct corroboration of these biblical stories but from it's original form, the preserved tables, and not translated over time. It is said that the stories in the bible were told to the Jewish people by the Sumerian's and if this is so then they did a remarkable job of preserving them. The problem began when more of the tablets were translated but this begins a complicated topic of it's own. To learn more look up Zecharia Sitchin for he is one of the few translators alive today and he has written extensively about this.

Originally posted by sizzle
...after studying other manuscripts I am beginning to wonder about other possibilties.

I think the most important thing to always keep in mind is to work towards understanding. Rene Descartes's meditations and a few e-books written by Roy Masters about the philosophy of thought have taught me to understand the difference between whats true and false and I hold one undeniable truth for myself, Cogito Ergo Sum.
I have discovered some very disturbing things and to say it shakes the foundation of my religion is an understatement. How can anyone believe anything without a true understanding and to be able to discern the difference between truth and fallacy? The only thing worse then being deceived is trading one deception for another.

Mainstream science says human knowledge is a linear progression but that makes no sence given the myriad of evidence found all over the world. A quote from OhZone's coneheads link,
"According to the orthodox anthropology, this skull simply does not exist, because it cannot be...The only accepted human types entering the continent are of the modern anatomy. There are some other sources that place all types of human genus in both Americas at much earlier dates based on numerous anomalous finds, but the academe sticks to its preconceived notions, no matter what. It's safer."
This type of 'a priori' approach is replete throughout academia and it has no place in our academics or science. Take a close look at the words we use and see if you really understand their meaning, like Testament-this does not mean word of God nor false stories to deceive man, or what is the purpose for fear and hatred? Is blame a good and useful thing? We could blame God for all of our problems and suffering but that does no good. Perhaps we could blame Satan or some other ill conceived deity or maybe blame each other, at least that way would could exact revenge and add to the problem. Or my favorite ambiguous term lately, anti-war protester. I am still trying to understand what exactly that means.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hi everyone!
I wanted to share a dream i had with you folks. It prompted me to U2U a fellow ATS member. Out of respect to this member, I will not post his/her name until I receive permission. But I will paste the PM that I sent, with the identity excluded. I would really like any input that any of you could give me on this. Let me say this in advance; I do not know this member, but I have seen the name in various threads.

Hi!
You and I don't know each other, other than slight brushes in the same topic threads, but I felt compelled to write to you because of a dream I had tonight. It was so disturbing, that it woke me up. Not disturbing in an alarming way, but it was serious information that was given to me, and I was struggling to hang on to it, and I was in such deep sorrow, that I was losing it the more awake, I became.
You may have noticed that I have been doing some serious research into the origins of mankind and the study of ancient texts. Before this mission began, I was an unswerving, unquestioning, believer in the Bible, as it stands. I still believe in a lot of the concepts, but I believe that there is a lot more to it.
I also believe that there are other races of beings, involved.

Now, Back to the dream, or vision, or whatever it was. It was something like the revealing of Genesis in the true form. It began with , 'On the first day...' But I forgot what was revealed there. But then it was suggested that it was not a workable situation because there was such chaos. So then, 'TIME' had to be created to help solve it. That's when I awoke because I was struggling so hard to understand.
I was literally weeping because I was losing the memory of what had been revealed, and I awoke before it was finished. Then an inner voice said to contact, '*********' That you could be of much help.

Is this true? Do you know something? Or is this just some weird dream that I just need to forget and get over? I apologize if I am intruding. Thank you for your time.

Does any of this make any kind of sense to any of you. I know that it is not much to go on, but it's the best I can do, unless more of the dream returns.

I had a revelation of sorts before I went to sleep, but it is going to require some research for dates to back it up. I will post it, when I get it all together. It may come as a shock to some of you, and to some of you who are already, well-informed; you will probably, just say, "Exactly!"

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi again, everyone,
I have opened a new thread on the revelation I had earlier this evening. If you all would care to have a look, you can find it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is a GOOD question, one that I still ponder over considerably in my Faith.

Consider this scripture:

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do ALL these things.

So how can God be Holy like He says He is when He creates Evil?

You have to consider this however, 'creating' evil and actually doing it can be two totally different things.. sort of warps the brain doesn't it? That realization came after some prayer.

Remember, we were given the 'knowledge of evil' but it's ENTIRELY up to us on an individual basis whether we want to act on it or not. That's the free will part of it. God created the "evil karma tank" It's us that fills it up based on our own decisions.

Hope that makes sense.

So does God have multiple personalities with a dark side? I don't look at it that way.. God's 'dark' side as you might call it, is His side of JUSTICE. You simply can not be Holy without being Just.

Of course this can get way deeper but that's the gist of my understanding.

There is this thing called Righteous Indignation.. Indignation justified by righteousness. Of course, if you don't believe in an absolute truth then this might not make much sense to you.

BTW, I believe the Holy Trinity to be 3 Manifestations of the SAME THING. Like water, ice and water vapor.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ViewFromTheStars

That's some very good philosophy indeed. Someone suggested a book to me by Wm. Bramley. I haven't been able to buy it yet, but I have been reading excerpts from it. It has some very great concepts as well. Maybe someday we will all get at the whole truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sizzle, I would like to point out something that I believe to be very important about faith that has help me. Place faith in that which is reliable and true, people and their words are not reliable as their meaning can be ambiguous either intentionally or not. Even if they are sincere and we understand them they so often change. This is why I stress how important Understanding is. Although Catholicism and Christianity are not perfect by any means it can get much worse, don't replace one deception for another. True Understanding has one direction and one path, deception has one direction and seemingly infinite paths.

The Universe is Light/Darkness, Good/Evil, Ying/Yang. To say that the Universe is each of these things is to also say that it is neither, for they are but one. It is with Thought that we create Evil in our minds and give it life. To rid the Universe of Evil is to do the same for Good for they do not exist separate. If you wish to remove Evil from your life then simply replace it with Good. Abraham Lincoln wrote,"The best way to destroy your enemy is make them your friend". It is with Thought that we create our reality so be mindful of your Thoughts.

Here is a link to a few free downloadable E books, I have read the first three on this page.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Thank you very much for that, I will read them. Some of what you say has a very familiar ring to it. I hope that after I do all this studying, I'll remember which truth I read where.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Roy Masters! Say! You're not going to believe this, but I have a couple of his books. Thought it sounded familiar. Cool.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The answer is devastatingly simple:

God does not exist and the bible was written by men who seeked control of the populace through fear. Jesus christ (I agree such a MAN existed) preached buddist principles and the "good book" needed a few modifications to account for Christs popularity. Note that the new testament was written after the fact and thus the control aspect comes in to play again by re-writing history such that Christ was the son of god as opposed to a wandering buddist preacher.

But hey if you want to believe in a mythical creature to help you through life then go ahead......but you will need at least two of them

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If God "creates" rather than "created" man in his image, then a lot of things make a lot more sense, would anyone agree? (and I use "his" merely out of convenience.)
I think the problem is... either people consider God something like a man with super powers, or put together a bunch of metaphors (that may or may not make sense)...
The very nature of the title "supreme being" prevents there from being more than one. The Hebrew scriptures acknowledge the existence of other gods--but they are just beings, maybe more advanced than humans, doesn't really matter. Then we have YHWH, who is apparently supposed to represent the ultimate source of everything. (If we bring in the new testament, the fact that Jesus declares that no one has seen or heard the father would make it pretty clear that it's not the father in the OT...).
The problem with a supreme being is... at first glance, such a being is far from reflected in the old testament! The NT makes a lot of scripture clearer, but then we have questions of what's translated right, what books were left out, and all of that annoying stuff. For instance: has anyone paid attention to the context of the "Lucifer" verse? Reading the whole chapter might make it clear that "Lucifer" and "Satan" are not one and the same.
While we're at it: man's shortcomings are not flaws in God's design, if God is the supreme source of everything, and this creator had something specific in mind for the creation. And even if he didn't... he knew how it would turn out--to suggest otherwise would mean we aren't talking about a supreme being. So all of the crap that's gone down throughout time, and all of the suffering and joy we experience daily... God had to have planned for all of it!
Why? I don't know. Though the fact that the tree of the forbidden fruit, according to Genesis, contained both good and evil, might be a clue.

Since there is experience, there is a source; since there is cause and effect, there is always something greater. Somewhere in that mess, we have the ultimate source--that is infallible. God is not a creature... so saying God doesn't exist forces me to ask: define the God that you don't believe to exist?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sizzle, I've been in deep discussion with andre18 on page 3 of his thread where he posed the question: are we technology? . . . Particularly focused on in this exchange was an apparent artificiality to reality pondering. I submit my responses on that page in place of retyping that information again, at least as my entry into this discussion.

Thought: Is the same God responsible for butterflies and bright sunny days as hurricanes, tornadoes, and meteorites? . . .

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Thought: Is the same God responsible for butterflies and bright sunny days as hurricanes, tornadoes, and meteorites? . . .

"And God will be all in all". If we say that there was intelligence behind the design of the universe, and it set up a universe that pretty much grew itself and still wound up with life... it most certainly had to have known about catastrophes as well as the pretty things. So why leave us both to deal with? Maybe so we'll ask?
"I have given man an experience of evil to humble him there by...".
Believe me that I don't want to leave it at that. Just shouting "it's God's plan!" to misery is not the answer... but if I try to come up with anything else I'd just be rambling and probably say something stupid. In fact... I sound way too preachy considering my weakness on the subject. Egh, for what it's worth... *posts*

[edit] I read your posts in the "Are we Technology?" thread... So far I see a lot that I can't disagree with.
[/edit]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by cajones]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If you believe in the Bible then yes, God has killed more people than Hitler. And it is only ok to kill in the name of God or anyone who simply does not believe in him, correct? What does the Devil do if you don't believe in him? Does he send you to heaven? Silly old books.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Who's more foolish? The Fool or the Fool who follows him?

While I absolutely discount JesusisTruths views on creation and master fitting of organs, I'd say the one wiggle room for a creator in this universe is the rule of laws that the entire universe is bound by, and the ultimate creation of the state we're in. After all, if there was nothing but a singularity of matter and energy, where did that matter and energy come from?

As for Hitchen's, any man who touts on the fact he simply does not believe in something is the signs of a fool, no matter how well versed and intelligent he may be. Atheism is the polar opposite of fundamental faith. It's a denial of all possibilities by a negative, without proof. Essentially a faith based belief.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cajones

The problem with the concept of "GOD" as the SUPREME BEING, is that there are basically two opposing concepts being banded about which creates a lot of confusion and contradictions. There is the ANTHROPOMORPHIC God and there is God as the CREATIVE FORCE.
The Anthropomorphic God is created in the image of man, not vice versa. This God has the characteristics of man, but is Omnipotent and Moral. Artists have produced their ideas of his likeness. He judges and measures our shortcomings and righteousness. Atheists do not believe in this God because they can't see where he fits into the Universe.
On the other hand, most scientists would tend to accept GOD AS THE CREATIVE FORCE. This God has no personality, no morality, no regard for human pleasure or suffering. He/It underlies NATURE. NATURE can be benevolent or malevonent. It doesn't consider Man's feelings. There is happines, sadness, birth, death and disease. It is not inherently contradictory such as the ANTHROPOMORPHIC version. It exists the same way we exist. It just IS, and there is nothing to do about it. For Man to coexist with this CREATIVE FORCE, he must understand the LAWS OF NATURE, and He must invent those Social Systems that will preserve his life in the face of unfeeling and indifferent NATURE. REASON becomes his means of Survival, whereas with the ANTHROPOMORPHIC GOD, FAITH replaces REASON as the means to survive, because its the AFTERLIFE thats important to the adherents of this type of God. FAITH or REASON, select your weapon and defend your God!!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Where in written form does it state that Jesus studied the Kaballah? I would be very interested in reading that account!

Jesus was a Jewish man, his time as a child spent in the temples discussing philosophy and religion is part of his story. It's also familiar to many other religions where the main prophet is a spiritual master in childhood, Horus, Buddha, Zoroaster, etc.

In Christs setting, Kaballah was the highest philosophical class in the middle east. The question is why wouldn't Jesus have been a master at Kaballah?

Kaballah is a study of the mechanics of the Universe , or 'God'.

'As above so below' is part of the Kaballah's lesson that there is a creator and receiver of all the universe on all dimensions. The higher dimension creates and manipulates the lower, if we, in the lower dimension, change our method of 'receiving' creation (understanding it) we can ascend to the higher dimensions.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If God has a split personality, it is because he is experiencing himself in an infinite number of ways through infinite number of life forms. We are conscious lifeforms and have the chance to examine our own consciousness, but in this modern age, we are especially prone to being distracted or even prevented by the external world.

So, we have this idea of God as being separate, or just another 'deity', at least this is the understanding of the atheist. But the true 'God' force is the manifestation of all realities on all dimensions. What else can it be? It's everything.
We can obsess over the dressings of the material world or we can acknowledge the source.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by jdposey

is part of the Kaballah's lesson that there is a creator and receiver of all the universe on all dimensions. The higher dimension creates and manipulates the lower, if we, in the lower dimension, change our method of 'receiving' creation (understanding it) we can ascend to the higher dimensions.

NWO,

There are a lot of new posts since I signed in this afternoon that I need to respond to, but something in yours grabbed my attention as needing to be responded to first. (In my mind).
Just a question I wanted to ask you. In various texts I have been reading as of late I have seen this statement that you have mentioned here:" 'As above so below' "

In the New Testament Bible, there is a verse that I find similar. "Whatsoever you bind on earth is bound in Heaven, and whatsoever you loose on earth is loosed in Heaven."

Do you see this as being the same connontation? What do you see as being the deepest meaning here? I would appreciate your input.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This may sound stupid, but I never have quite grasped why people pray to Jesus, instead of God.
Not trying to cause offence to anyone, but God did say - do not worship others before me.
Yes, yes, I hear the holy trinity description and all but then it wasn't God who came to earth, it was his son, Jesus. or so the story goes.
Of course, I thought the bible also said we were all sons of God so I still don't quite get it.
I mean, sure the bible said Jesus had these amazing powers and everything but I still keep coming back to the first commandment.
Even Jesus was supposed to have said follow me, but worship the Lord.
So if the holy trinity is made up of three different aspects, then isn't that confirmation of the split personality theory if they are all supposed to make up God??
Or am I just reading too much into this whole thing...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join