It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Have A Split Personality, Or Is There More Than One Supreme Being?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Genesis 1:26 OUR image therefore multiple gods. Luke 14:26 Hate your mother father sisters and brothers, Matthew 10:34/36 Came not for peace but with a sword - therefore to make war. Whole Bible is plagiarised from Egypt, and IOSA was the original name for the Ever Coming Son, and still is - See "Read Many Versions of Bible on line" and look for Mark 8:33 in Gaelic. Celts knew it from Egyptian ancestors who invaded and conquered Ireland in the bronze age. Plenty of proof now. Refer "Bible Origins in Egypt" on line, and latest book by Ian Vayro "Tears From Heaven" - see Joshua Books on line. Just about all patriarchs have been identified as Egyptian Kings, especially Solomon and David. One King was Actually named YKB - Jacob. Mistransliterated by religious fanatics into Jacobaam, which is entirely wrong. Final glyphs are determinatives not letters - Arm meaning Djoser (Joshuah) and Sacred, and Three Water Ripples meaning Water, thus Sacred Water or Baptiser. Examination of Hebrew text Genesis 4:8 reveals true identity of Cain and Abel - HBL and QYN - Kings HEBER followed by KHYAN .. no letter L in Egyptian. Khyan also named as Yannis or Yani , i.e. JOHN by Manetho, clearly author of Maxims of Ani.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Givenmay,

Don't be confused the best I can tell you is go with what your heart and soul feels, follow this and you will follow the destiny that was to be yours.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Further proof that God was seen as more than one is in the name YAHWEH which can be found in so many Egyptian Temples and tombs. Yah or Iah was the Moon God, and letter W was the Egyptian plural letter like our 'S'. So has to be at least double. Yah is also shown as Yah Yah as a God Name for several kings, and again would be pronounced as plural YahWeh. King Twt's golden shrine has a cartouche which clearly names him GOD OF ALL HEPREW (Creations). HPR glyph is a SCARAB Beetle, and St.Ambrose Bishop of Milan referred to Jesus many times as The Good SCARABaeus. Four scenes showing the Annunciation Conception Birth and Adoration of the holy child are on a wall in Solomon's temple in Luxor. Adoration clearly shows THREE wise men kneeling - this number is not in the bible. Painting of Holy Trinity on wall of young King David's (TWT) tomb. Furthermore his full name was YMN TWT ANKH which has become YMN EL EK in the Kebra Nagast, which also confirms that he was King David and that his mother was Queen ETIYE the favourite wife of Ymnhtp III (Salim Ymn - Solomon). People still pray to the Egyptian God YMN - AMEN to this very day.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There is a simple explanation for the variations and evolution of "GOD's" behavior: the evolution of man's consiousness and social behavior and understanding of "justice" and "right or wrong".

The Old Testament "GOD"is just an old fashioned egotistical, petty, jealous, vengefull Midle Eastren despot of the era enlarged to super human powers.

What religious leaders teach is a function and reflection of what their contemporary society thinks about right or wrong, just or unjust, virtue or vice.

Example (Roman Catholic Church- Christian): Origional Sin is regarded as the cause of all of our problems, diseases, defects, aging and death and why water won't flow up hill of its own accoard. (Okay, I exadurated on that about water, but not much. Water that freely ran up hill of its own acoard would leave us all in danger of drownding without warning.) We are told that because of "The Sin of Adam" we are doomed to sickness and death and must be Baptised.
Well, I call myself a "Roaming Catholic" (pun on my Roman Catholic upbringing) because I suspect that there is something wrong with this Theology in light of the R.C.Church's statement: "GOD is all just." and the fact that by the 1780's when the American Constitution was written it was well understood by well educated thoughtfull mortals (The Founding Fathers) that "Working A Corruption of The Blood" was inheriently unjust. They banned "Corruption of The Blood" punishments. Now this would not have occoured to a Midevil ruler, scholar or theologian, and the "Origional Sin" theology was penned in that era. (As a matter of record I accept that "Origional Sin" exists and acts more like failure to educate or failure to vaccinate. I hope that the Pope's theologians will not find this too heretical.)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Hmmm...the most convincing and simple explanation is that there are no 'Supreme Beings'. Hence all the disparity, confusion and contradictions in the biblical descriptions.

J.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
Just logged on to read all these interesting and thought provoking concepts. I see I have some more reading to do, as some of you were kind enough to offer suggestions for further study.
Thank you all for discussing this so civilly.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Thankx
I try and follow my instincts!
My heart and soul does'nt have much of a life to work with them.
My beliefs are changing, to where they sound unbelievable.
I just wish that I knew what was true!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The true Supreme Being is all merciful. The "God" of the bible is a lesser entity known as the "Devil" or even a lower "god" such as shiva, kali, etc.. The later "Gods/Devils" exist only in the regions of matter. The worlds of matter being the opposite of the pure spiritual the tendencies reflect imperfection as outward and downward desires. This is the mechanism for the elimination of those impurities (original sins). Once fully exhausted (over many incarnations) the spirits will return and can be fully conscious in the purely spiritual worlds. If the imperfects where not real and their exhaustion not requiring the flaws to be pushed out from the inside and "matter" not in existence then the spirits that are here would have to remain unconscious as they are the residue of the purely spiritual creations and an insignificant amount of the pure creation.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
From my personal research, I can lend a few of my own insights to the discussion by defining a few races names in the Bible.

Genesis 6

1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

What this is saying is the "Sons of God" (Angels whom soon became the Fallen Angels) decided to leave their posts in Heaven and mate with humans . Their offspring were called the Nephilim and they were great in size and were also called Titans in Greek mythology. The Fallen Angels lived among man for quite a long time and corrupted mankind. We learn this from the book of Enoch

Enoch 7

10Then they took wives, each choosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees.

11And the women conceiving brought forth giants, (7)

(7) The Greek texts vary considerably from the Ethiopic text here. One Greek manuscript adds to this section, "And they [the women] bore to them [the Watchers] three races–first, the great giants. The giants brought forth [some say "slew"] the Naphelim, and the Naphelim brought forth [or "slew"] the Elioud. And they existed, increasing in power according to their greatness." See the account in the Book of Jubilees.

12Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;

13When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;

14And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, (8) and to drink their blood.

(8) Their flesh one after another. Or, "one another’s flesh." R.H. Charles notes that this phrase may refer to the destruction of one class of giants by another (Charles, p. 65).

15Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

Thus, we find out the reason God became angry enough to destroy the world with the Flood. As you've probably figured out. Greek mythology tells a very detailed account of the events that transpired during this time. The Greek gods were the fallen that lived among man and also the gods referenced in the Sumerian texts. Even in the Sumerian texts it mentions the gods crying out that their children were destroyed by the flood.

Now, I'm not sure exactly how some of the Nephilim survived, but I believe the Emerald Tablets of Thoth covers this. The Annukai are actually described in the Bible, check this out:

Numbers 13:33

33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

Deuteronomy 1:28

28 Where can we go? Our brothers have made us lose heart. They say, 'The people are stronger and taller than we are; the cities are large, with walls up to the sky. We even saw the Anakites there.' "

That's just some background based on theories I'm working on. Hope it helps!!

[edit on 3-2-2008 by metatronscube]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metatronscube

Thank you so much for your input, metatronscube.
The texts that you mention, are among some of the ones that I have been studying. It seems that since I have started this venture, my head is spinning with the thoughts of, "So many texts, so little time!" Lol!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
Plz understand that my beliefs lie with the loving Deity. Jesus' Father. But the website does seem to have a point. And God does seem to be aware that there are other gods, or He would not have said, not to have other gods before Him.

Hello. Here's a little paper on the Divine Council mentioned in the bible:
users.aristotle.net...
and another:
/3dknuz

[edit on 3-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think it's extremely interesting how the Sumerian texts, the Bible, Book of Enoch, Emerald Tablets of Thoth, Greek mythology.....etc.

It's all telling the same story! Once we interconnect everything, we FINALLY understand the one coherent story about our creation and origins and about God and his personality.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube
reply to post by sizzle

I think it's extremely interesting how the Sumerian texts, the Bible, Book of Enoch, Emerald Tablets of Thoth, Greek mythology.....etc.

It's all telling the same story! Once we interconnect everything, we FINALLY understand the one coherent story about our creation and origins and about God and his personality.

Yep it sure the heck is. Even Norse mythology. South and Central American mythology. I'm beginning to think whoever called this stuff mythology was perpetuating the biggest conspiracy in human history.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Exactly.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

So God was a diciplinarian when he ordered the extermination of the CANAANITES, the AMONITES, the AMALEKITES, the PHILISTINES, after failing to exterminate MANKIND with the FLOOD? DISCIPLINARIAN OR MURDERER?!! And this is just a small sample of his MURDEROUS RAMPAGE!!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
People who think God has a split personality or is more than one simply don't understand what God is. He is the Father. Did your father set you rules when you were a child like any decent father should. Did your father punish you when you failed to obey those rules. Did he do it because he was bloodthirsty hate-filled brute, or because he loved you, and knew it would be in your best interest in the long run. Fathers punish their children, that doesn't mean they don't love them, nor does it mean they have a split personality, or there is more that one of them, they are most certainly the one person, and they do love their children, well, any good father does anyway.

As for the so-called contradictions in the Bible, there are none. Anybody who thinks there is simply doesn't understand what is even being said. Take hell, for instance, most are completely unaware that the english word hell is translated from many words in the greek (new testament) and hebrew (old testament). Hell is tranlsated from words such as sheol, hades, which mean literally the grave, where your body returns to dust when you die, just as Adam did, just as the patriarch David tomb and decomposed body was with the jews in the book of acts (Acts 2:29), and he has not ascended to heaven when he died (Acts 2:34), just as most Christian believe they do when they die. This a flat out lie. The Bible over and over again talks about returning to dust to be resurrected at the return of Christ, but most would rather follow the traditions of men that the scriptures, just as Jesus warned about doing.

Matthew 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Hell as most people see it is nothing more than a lie of the Catholic church, carried on even by the so-called reformation, which kept most of their doctorine from the other lies of the catholic church, such as sunday worship, Christmas, and Good friday, and Easter sunday,
which has absolutely no backing in scripture, though most mainstream Chirstians don't like to hear that they are simply follwing the traditions of pagan Rome and the catholic church. This is what causes the confusion and the so-called "contradictions", the lies that people believe that are not actually taught in the Bible, such as suffering for eternity in "hell". Sure there is a lake of fire (gehenna) at the judgement, but those thrown in a completely destroyed, an no body is currently in it burning in pain.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (gehenna).

The Bible teaches that men can only recieve eternal life through following Christ, yet those who claim to be following those teaching claim that sinners also gain eternal life in "hell". How can somebody who does not recieve Christ recieve eternal life?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Read that again, THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH. That is the eternal punishment, not eternal punishing.

Please, anybody who claims to be a Christian, study you Bible and follw it, not the lies and perversion the world has foistered upon it by people who twist scriptures to make you whorship on sunday (sun worship=baal worship), make you repeat vain repetitions in prayer (hail mary etc read Matthew 6:7) take religious titles for them selves such as Pope (father), or even the actually title father itself...

MATTHEW 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

90% of mainstream Christianity is a complete lie.

www.the-end.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have thought about this many times and to be honest the way i veiw it is that the God of the earlier works was just a new parent who didnt really know quite what to do with us. And that just like many new parents was just frustrated. As time went on he learned to relax alittle bit and to let us learn to walk on our own. To me the journey of man is meant to be learning how to be like God with all the same abilities and attributes.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube

BINGO!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
IMHO, it is because this world has a history of evil entities that have proclaimed to be God, and have lead people astray. People believe them because they perform "miracles".
The bottom line is, anything that tries to control you by installing fear into you is most likely evil.

reply to post by KanehBosm

Yes, agreed also. It's either a bad case of Chinese whispers or someone is Dividing and Conquering.

[edit on 3/2/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameneter
reply to post by AshleyD

So God was a diciplinarian when he ordered the extermination of the CANAANITES, the AMONITES, the AMALEKITES, the PHILISTINES, after failing to exterminate MANKIND with the FLOOD? DISCIPLINARIAN OR MURDERER?!! And this is just a small sample of his MURDEROUS RAMPAGE!!

And what were those people doing? Those living in antediluvian times were described as every inclination of their thoughts were continually evil and that their wickedness was had reached its limit. We could assume this means absolute depravity due to what we are told. We are also told the people were given a 120 year warning before the flood. If they did not change their ways, then they would face judgment. It was not a matter of it happening without warning.

The tribes that were at war with the Hebrews and who were eventually destroyed were described as kidnapping Jews for slavery, raping Jewish women, constantly invading the Jewish camps, engaging in human (including child) sacrifice, eating their own children for rituals, and engaging in other acts of cannibalism. They were not happy little families minding their own business. They were savages who were at war with the Jews. We are told the Jews attempted to make peace treaties with the foreign tribes but that they kept attacking them.

See? Or are you the type that would give a convicted serial killer a dozen long stemmed roses and send them to your grandmother's house?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join