It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Have A Split Personality, Or Is There More Than One Supreme Being?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tevis69
Okay, where is your proof? How do you know what the burning bush was?
Whats all this talk of groups of entities?

That's Group Entity or discarnate community, not groups of entities.

There is no proof of anything here in ATS. If you want proof, you will always be disappointed in not finding it here or in any Net forum.

What we have to work with is cultivated intuition (if we have it that is), deductive and inductive reasoning (if we are skilled in this area), personal experience, anecdotal evidence, and logical extrapolation (well, for some).

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I really don't think you will be punished by the moderators for stating your opinion in here and in a non-insulting manner, which you did.

Good post. I don't agree with it but you did explain your stance clearly.

To each his own...I always say.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
everyone who has read the bible should really read the nag hammadi. It explains quite clearly the hierarchy of the realms above us, those who created such, and the ONE supreme god who created all of that below.
Realities within realities where each reality higher than the last is governed by less laws; hence the fact that the higher realities create the lower realities.

the god who created this physical reality is called Yaldabaoth, which is by far not the supreme god of it all.
you basically have polarity gods, and then at the VERY top is the ONE which contains all of everything in every dimension and reality.
Of course when you dont have this sort of information in the regular bible, it makes the term "God" diluted with all of the other interpretations of what it means to different people.
its like, there are programmers for a program, but they are not the head of the company, nor are they the space the company and its functions take place within.
When we come out of duality; we no longer suffer, and only then serve the ONE god, not taking sides with the lower realms, but explaining the purpose of both within the understanding of the ONE.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why do any discussions like this always break down into petty squabbling?

Has anyone ever considered that God doesn't bother to show us the "real" Him as we are, on the whole, just 2" on this side of "booger eating morons"?

It is one thing to believe, and profess those beliefs. But, if you try to tout your "belief" as "know", then you have completely missed the point (and elevated yourself to the level of "messiah").

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Its a rather simple situation. The Bible is about two to three different religions, crammed together into one book.

It's got alittle Summerian in there, alittle Hebrew, alittle Egyptian and alittle Christian Cult.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

If it has "Christian Cult", then it would seem that there is Buddhism/Hinduism infused as well. This represents the largest part of Christs teaching and scholarship.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It might, but it's hard the verify. Most religious teachings really just boil down to "Common Sense tactics to keep the species alive."

Based on just symbolism and the region, as well as literal parable rips from other religions, we know it comes from Hebrew myths, Summerian myths, Egyptian Myths, and Obviously Christian Myths, with a few greek and roman man-god myths thrown in for good measure.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

That is interesting you should say that. My family is Christian by history. But my mother has taken on severl Jewish customs, believing them to be better for her.

When i asked, for example, why she chose to go Kosher in her diet, she replied, "Well, i figure that God didn't tell us what to eat because he wanted to control us. I figure he just wanted us to be healthy...that we shouldn't eat certain proteins or would get diseases from certain animals. So he gave us rules to follow to keep us healthy, so that is why i follow them." I could not argue with that, considering trichonosis, et al. Not to mention the heartburn people tend to get from pork and shellfish/catfish.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Very true. Though its not so much "gods" rules, as it really is that cultures rules. You don't eat pigs, not just because they are unhealthy unless cooked properly, but also because they eat ALOT of crops that could've feed alot more people.

It's a survival guide.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I like to be straight forward and I don't usually talk about this because people get a tad bit upset.

This is my opinion:

I believe that every human has the right to believe in who they need/would like to believe in and no one has the right to tell someone else there belief's are ...................

IMO and from my experiences, I was with a group of very tall beings known as the Elders. My understanding was they are the Creator's. When I say Creator's I don't just mean the Creator's of this Human Race... I am talking about the Creator's of ALL in the Universe also.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You mean these guys?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is a good example showing the kind of confusion there is about the Bible. I believe that the Bible was written to confuse and to mislead mankind and especially religious mankind.

Of course it would make sense that the Almighty would appear to have a multiple personality disorder. I often think so myself! Often I have said, "If he were my human father I would have turned him into Child Protective Services by now."

You have hit on the exact conundrum that I had been in for most of my life. My concept of God had to change because nothing else was. So I had to alter and adopt "new" theories that seem to work for me.

I certainly believe in the Creator or Creative Intelligence or the Almighty whom I choose to call; Jah. But it was important for me to re-define my relationship or understanding of him. My former religious beliefs no longer worked for me, besides - I could not be part of religion any longer and they had become the god anyway.

I am certainly not the first in history to believe that there has been a game of chess taking place in heaven and we are the game pieces. I believe that there has been something so methodical taking place that it is necessary to get away from traditional thinking to 'see it.'

That God would appear loving, nurturing, and caring there can be no doubt. Many of us have seen evidence of that. But where does his other side fit in? It does, if we look at it from a different angle. Perhaps we are an experiment that is the template for future societies elsewhere? This would answer the question: "Why has earth received so much attention from the Gods?"

Another point: I have come to believe that Jah is actually younger than has been thought. It could be possible that he was actually quite a young parent when the first humans inhabited the earth and that he has grown up significantly through history. The pattern of his impatience and intolerance was far worse in the early part of history and the Bible. If one reads on - he showed far more tolerance as the Bible progresses forward! Look to King David and Solomon as examples. He exhibited far less attention and concern for mankind as history will show the further we advance forward in history.

Of course I think that there is a lot more to it than this and anyone who has any interest along these lines can go to my website to further discuss this and more; ...www.michelelyon.com.

Thanks for the subject!
Matrix Prophet

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Let me first say I do believe in the God of the Bible and Jesus as His son. I do find some strange interesting reading in the Bible that some people may miss.
If you read about Job he was a man that, as the story goes, loved God. One day satan and some of the angels called the sons of God went to God to talk to Him. God asked satan where he had been and he said he had been up and around the earth. God asked satan if he had considered Job. satan said that Job was protected by God and that was why Job was not subject to sin. God said that satan could tempt Job by doing anything but kill him. Now Job didn't know who was causing him all these problems. God didn't tell Job about the test.
In the Bible it says that God is invisible and in a bright light that no man could see or he would die.
Then Moses one day went to the mountian to speak with God. Moses went into a deep dark cloud where God spoke to him saying to tell the people that he had talked to God in heaven. Black cloud? On another time while Job was talking to God he asked if he could see Him. God said no but He would place Moses between a rock and put His hand over Moses's eyes as He walked by. Then He would remove His hand and allow Moses to see God's hind parts.
I wonder if this was again a test by satan because the Ten Commandments were the laws that man was givin by God maybe through satan. satan was the one that said man was naturally evil and couldn't follow God's laws. God is not human so how could He have hind parts. It also says in the Bible that satan is the prince of the power of the air. He gained control of earth by Adam and Eve sinning. Christ died sinless from all temptation and took back the earth and mankind through that act.
The Bible is about 1/3 prophecy, almost 900 prophecies. Many of them have happened and proven in history. Read the on-line book called Science Speaks. A Prof. of Mathmatics did a study with a class that researched the prophecies that have happend and the odd of probability of them happening. It is astounding to find that the odds of the Bible having all these prophecies coming true would be a number with one and one hundred and fifty zeros behind it. In Psalms it says that one day a man would be born of a virgin, live a sinless life and killed. It even says how He would die by being nailed to a tree. His hands and feet would be pierced. His bones would not be broken and He would come back to life in three days. He would be buried in a rich man's tomb. That was 1,500 years before Rome even knew about killing people in that way. They always broke their legs to make sure they were dead but with Jesus a guard pushed his sword into His side so on need to break His legs. There were over 20 prophecies in the Bible that were fulfilled in the last 48 hours of His life. He had no control of most of them. Even the sign above His head. The priests complained and wanted it taken down to no avail.
There is something to the Bible to be able to have a future written and more prophecies are happening as we speak. One world government and the coming chip are examples of prophecy already written thousands of years ago. It also says that when Israel becomes a nation (1947)-(1967) that that generation would not all die off before all is complete. A generation is about 40 years in the Bible so we are at the end now.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
First I just want to say, Paul_Richard has obviously studied his philosophy and religions, but you seem to treat Christians as younger siblings. Just because a person is a Christian and believes literally in the coming of Christ etc. doesn't change the gems of knowledge they can still receive from their religion.

All religions, Islam (God consciousness), Hinduism (Krsna consciousness), Christianity (Christ Consciousness) are legitimate in my eyes. When a person understands one religion, they have the capacity to understand ALL religions.

Originally posted by psychedeliack
Realities within realities where each reality higher than the last is governed by less laws; hence the fact that the higher realities create the lower realities.

Ah yes, jackpot. And as the Bible says 'As above, so below'. You see, Christ was a genius when it came to spiritual studies, especially 'Kaballah' or the jewish sect of higher-philosophy that he mastered as a child (this part of his life story is omitted from the Bible.)

In the Kaballah it states there is a creator and a receiver of all things, so the higher realities sustain and create the lower. Therefore, the physical reality we live in on earth, is governed by the higher dimensions which create the material universe, time, and all the other dimensions that we cannot perceive.

This is the right path to head down when considering the aspects of 'God'. There is not just one being, but many dimensions governed by many beings all of whom stem from the same Godhead.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

There is an Original Source and center creator God. I don't think it's within man's abilities to picture the number of years ago where that first creative point or origin is. Since then there have been several layers of beings mistakenly percieved as "God" and this isn't "wrong" as they are as the hands of the Original Source.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
the god who created this physical reality is called Yaldabaoth, which is by far not the supreme god of it all.
you basically have polarity gods, and then at the VERY top is the ONE which contains all of everything in every dimension and reality.

It should also be noted that in this Gnostic construction of the hierarchy of the universe, the biggest god of all has no name and is so vast and multi-dimensional that it is completely beyond the comprehension of human beings. It is not like us in any way, and has no particular personality to speak of. So any prayers or rituals meant to honor or placate this "thing that is not a thing" are a complete waste of time and effort.

As a result, we're all trapped in this horrible reality, subject to the whims of Yaldabaoth, which has never proved itself to be particularly merciful in the long run and would just as soon slaughter us all and start over.

With this understanding, the Gnostic Jesus preached that in this no-win situation, the best we can do is be kind to one another and try to at least minimize the suffering that we cause each other. Otherwise, this horror of an existence would have no bright spots at all. Of course, that message has been co-opted and misapplied over the centuries by the church. And not every individual is comfortable with the idea that there is no hope in the long run and that their prayers are wasted. Too bad. It's not a bad idea in its pure form.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
You don't eat pigs, not just because they are unhealthy unless cooked properly, but also because they eat ALOT of crops that could've feed alot more people.

This is one of the ideas that attracted me to veganism (I am not a vegetarian though
)

People should feed themselves the grains and veggies that would otherwise go to animals. To get a single pound of ground beef requires hundreds of pounds of grain, enough to feed whole starving families in Africa.

This is all off topic I realize! One last thing, it is thought that the way we slaughter animals releases their spirit in very bad ways, the meat gets 'imbued' with their suffering and we eat that. It's not just the fat and grease that makes you feel icky after eating processed fastfood burgers... the animals were treated like garbage. Kosher meat is to be butchered in a humane way to avoid imbuing the product with suffering etc.

So I think there is a real reason that some religions forbid meat or certain meats, they know that the things we eat really affect us. Unfortunately, more than a few 'kosher' slaughterhouses have been caught butchering the cows in inhumane ways (carving open the throat and allowing the animal to choke to death on it's own blood.)

[edit on 3-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am so confused to as what to believe about religion at the moment!
So many different interpretations to the mysterious Bible.
I have no idea which one is the right translation!
My mind is open to just about anything nowdays!
Here are a couple links to things that make you wonder, if you have'nt already seen!

zeitgeistmovie.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As to an evil God.....
He says so himself:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? (Amos 3:6, KJV)

Do you think that all the stories in the Bible are not describing God as and entity at all, but that these stories are personifications of natural principals of negative and positive polarity?

This is what the Illuminati know that you do not know.
It is they who have created this monster religious thing to keep you ignorant and in fear of the unknown.

For as long as you adhere to your religious beliefs you will never know, because your fears have rendered you intellectually impotent.

i think the following thought is attrubuted to your own sage.
Know the truth and it shall set you free.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'd say a much more likely and reasonable explanation would be that all of those religious texts are wrong or just one is right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join