It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Have A Split Personality, Or Is There More Than One Supreme Being?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I like to use the Krsna model sometimes. Krsna is a Hindu 'deity' which is the personalization of God, or, a form of God consciousness. Krsna is the creation of the infinite universe, as well as the consciousness, so he exists within the material, and outside as the consciousness.

Krsna (God) is therefore the 'spirit' or consciousness within humans (and all life), and by experiencing 'our' life and 'our' bodies, we are actually partaking in the creation of Krsna and experiencing life through him, and for him.

Therefore, God would exist in all things, and all enjoyment or sorrow is intimately his own, hence the idea that 'God loves' all of us... we are his 'children' and part of him, being the creation and the enjoyer of creation.

This aspect is mirrored in natural life (procreation). So not only is God more than one deity or supreme being, but he is all life forms and all humans, all children and adults, doesn't matter whether they 'believe' in 'him' or not. The act of creation continues at all levels.

Monotheism only works for me if I can see 'God' as being the creator and enjoyer of all realities, known and unknown. This is not the popular model in most peoples minds.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Hi NewWorldOver,
That indeed is a very beautiful concept.
My recent studies have led me to some very beautiful and interesting concepts.
Thank you for adding this one.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Studying the Sumerian text is going to give you so many clues to all the text that come after, as the Sumerians wrote just about every story you read in any other text, including the Hebrew. Sometimes the names weren't even changed....

Epic of Gilgamesh written by Sumerians is the story of the flood.

Sumerians called the first race created "Adamu" Moses called them Adam

Time period of flooding in Egypt every year is called,.... (spelling is not right but pronunciation is) ARKA NOAH every year thats what they call it... flooding time... I could go on and on....

Michael Tsarion has some great things to say, and his symbolism videos are great..... for real answers into this... " Jordan Maxwell Sons of God " google it....maybe shed some light on things.... or perhaps in Ashleys view, take you away from the light... who knows....

Black Holes contain so much energy, light, matter, and magnetic pull they appear dark and without light,... when in fact it's the opposite.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Oh, I love the way this is written! Have a look:

Meanwhile, back at the closing of the local homeless shelter, we find Adam and Eve being summarily thrown out of the only home they had ever known -- a tear jerker worthy of the Nightly News. Imagine it, if you will...

LOCAL COUPLE TOSSED OUT OF HOME BY ANGRY LANDLORD!

Adam and Eve (their last names being withheld pending notification of their next of kin) were summarily ejected today from their garden homestead by their landlord god. Their home, located just East of Eden, had been in their family for some 50,000 to 100,000 years. The landlord god, a nefarious character if there ever was one, contends that the expulsion was done because the couple had eaten of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The couple countered that they had merely wanted to improve their educational status, and with continuing education classes still some 200,000 years in the future, it was their only way to gain wisdom.

For more background on this incident, we turn to Genesis 3: 1-6:

EDITORIAL COMMENT: This is a true travesty of justice. It is truly disheartening to see a young couple, just starting out in the first few thousand years of their life and trying to educate themselves while simultaneously raising Cain (their first-born son), to have to go through what is -- to all extents and purposes -- a pure case of entrapment. Imagine, if you will, that you were to leave home for a period of time, and leave your two young children alone. You tell them, before you go, that they can do anything in the house that they want, with the single, solitary exception that they must not look in the refrigerator! They can go anywhere, do anything, play whatever game they like... BUT they must not look in the refrigerator. Now. Guess what the kids do the moment you are out of the house!?

But let’s assume that your kids are exceptionally well-behaved, and resist the overwhelming temptation to look in the refrigerator (else why would you have been so adamant about not looking?). However, as landlord, you also allow a devious fellow to enter your home, a fellow who urges and cajoles your children to look in the refrigerator. Then, when you come home and discover the fact that your kids have been in the fridge, you toss them out of the house and forbid them ever to return!

Does this strike you as a slight case of overkill, of possible entrapment in allowing the devious fellow in your home? If you’re the omnipotent being you like to pretend to be, how did this snake-in-the-grass get inside your home in the first place? For that matter, why did you leave your children alone? Why did you add insult to injury by making the refrigerator sound like such an intriguing idea? What exactly is so blasted important about what you’ve got in the refrigerator anyway!? And then you throw them out!? Banish them forever!? This is despicable! Outrageous! A clear violation of civil and uncivil rights, a blatant case of entrapment, a despicable miscarriage of justice, and a gross violation of the covenant of garden landlords and tenant rights.
www.halexandria.org...

One thing I find in error here, is that according to Hebrew text, Cain wasn't born when Adam and Eve sampled the fruit. His Birth and the birth pangs was part of the curse.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I have two guy friends who know all about this and firmly believe it. They believe "Yahweh" was Enlil and "Satan" was Enki. The serpent in the garden was a reptilian alien, Ezekiel chapter one was actually describing a UFO encounter, Elijah was abducted by a UFO, the Nephilim were alien-human hybrids, etc. One of them sat me down a year ago and we talked about it for maybe three hours every night while he told me what he believed. But it got pretty weird because they both believe the Jews are a hybrid "lesser" human race that made a pact with Enlil to destroy the "pure breeds" through interbreeding. It really rubbed me the wrong way, to say the least. They adhere to Sumerian mythology while believing the ancients mistook aliens for gods.

reply to post by KanehBosm

Well, we can look at it from two angles:

1) Polytheism ran rampant in pagan cultures and from the context of numerous passages, God told the Jews to set themselves apart from the pagan cultures, practices, and religion. Because idol worship and polytheism was a mainstay of surrounding religions, God told them that He was the one true god while the others were false.

2) There are an innumerable amount of actual gods in existence and God demanded the Jews serve only Him.

I'm sure you know what my opinion is out of those two options. lol

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I personally consider the Sumerian Mythology as just that; Mythology. It will not alter my overall opinion of Christianity to any significant degree. Because, I know in Whom I have believed. But I do believe that there is some history to be gleaned from all ancient texts. You just have to try to sift thru it. It might take me a life time. But, that is what I have purposed to do.

EDIT:
BTW AshleyD, No ancient text in the world would ever make me think that one race was superior or lesser than another.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Yes, I have found the Sumerian texts amazing. What was really amazing to me was the story of Enoch.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

As they say, there is some truth in all mythology. Many believe the Nephilim of the Bible, the Anunakai of the Sumerian texts, and the Titans of Greek/Roman mythology were all one and the same. Anak of the Bible and Anax of Greek mythology were one and the same. The serpent or dragon is mentioned in just about every ancient religion. Flood stories are found all over the world, etc. It's my opinion this is due to us all having common origins where the stories were later altered by different groups which resulted in similar but different mythologies. It gets pretty interesting to say the least.

[edit on 2/3/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Due to this commonality, is exactly why I have hope of discovery of what is being covered up. What is the big secret that the few elite can know, but not the rest of us?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I'll U2U my opinion of it. If I say it on the thread, it will make me sound "defiantly Christian." There is a reason for it but it would take me quoting a lot of stuff and I'm sure people are getting sick of me and my Bible thumping banter by now. I'll U2U you now.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Another reference of split personality:

It is curious that God/Enlil in his benevolence decided to grant one last boon to Cain: After committing Adam’s eldest son to be a fugitive and a vagabond, and hearing Cain complain that his days as a traveler were surely numbered; God then gave Cain a passport to freedom, a mark upon Cain, advertising in effect, that anyone taking vengeance on Cain’s body was going to have seven generations to regret the act. This doesn't sound like Enlil.

One would have to believe, therefore, that it was the god Enki who took pity on Cain (and certainly not Enlil)! It clearly makes no sense that after having cursed him and thrown him out of the state (not just the garden) that a single god would have provided him with diplomatic immunity for the homicidal sibling in his future travels. Unless that god had a split personality.

www.halexandria.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by sizzle

Well, we can look at it from two angles:

1) Polytheism ran rampant in pagan cultures and from the context of numerous passages, God told the Jews to set themselves apart from the pagan cultures, practices, and religion. Because idol worship and polytheism was a mainstay of surrounding religions, God told them that He was the one true god while the others were false.

2) There are an innumerable amount of actual gods in existence and God demanded the Jews serve only Him.

I'm sure you know what my opinion is out of those two options. lol

Those 2 "angles" (and you left out a lot of other angles, sacred geometry anyone?) are in fact in a "nut" shell what the jewish tradition states. You did leave out the EQUAL part, yes its called HENOTHEISTIC host of equal, the word you use describes gods of lesser and equal value,....

YHWH did approach Abraham after approaching and being decline by others, which I may add he did not kill mame or curse to doom, and yes demanded! that he be put before all the others, Abraham agrees to that deal,... and here we are,..... YHWH did not go to the Hebrews (now called jews) first, so the hebrew text says,... I wasnt there.

And your friends you speak of,... they are closer to the truth than you think,.....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by AshleyD

Due to this commonality, is exactly why I have hope of discovery of what is being covered up. What is the big secret that the few elite can know, but not the rest of us?

What are they hiding?

That what they are doing works,... see my post in the politacal conspiracies,.... "are the powers that be trying to practice magic right in front of our eyes" is the title,... and the answer is,... yes there are.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by KanehBosm]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by sizzle

As they say, there is some truth in all mythology. Many believe the Nephilim of the Bible, the Anunakai of the Sumerian texts, and the Titans of Greek/Roman mythology were all one and the same. Anak of the Bible and Anax of Greek mythology were one and the same. The serpent or dragon is mentioned in just about every ancient religion. Flood stories are found all over the world, etc. It's my opinion this is due to us all having common origins where the stories were later altered by different groups which resulted in similar but different mythologies. It gets pretty interesting to say the least.

[edit on 2/3/2008 by AshleyD]

common origins.... the sumerian tells us what they are.... the sumerians were the FIRST to record anything, wouldn't all "text" that we debate originate from there then? Read the source for the most accurate information.... it gets interesting to say the least...

It looks to me at this point we have been offered a GOD and led away from the Creator of all... our creators are not the Creator of all that is...

the creator of all that is has no need, no wants, and no demands period. That is free will.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Would
you give
me a
link to
that plz?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don't think there's a split personality issue unless God exhibits different mannerisms/methods/moods at the same time, or at least in close proximity of time. The fact that he changes over time doesn't mean he has a split personality, it just means he has a changing personality. I think this starts in Genesis where he regrets making man. Regret involves questioning your past actions, something which often leads to change, and at the very least indicates to the capacity for change. It explains the difference between the Old and New Testament God. However it does provide problems for people who say God is 'unchanging', like many Christians I know.

Edited to add:

For example, according to the Bible, God made man and placed him in Eden. Then he threw him and his spouse out for no good reason (more on this later). Then God repented “that he had made man” [Genesis 6:6] and determined to destroy him and his progeny. Then God changed his mind and decided to let Noah and his brood survive. Then God became upset with Noah’s descendants and felt compelled to confuse his language.

All of these changes exhibited by God happen over time and happen in response to the actions of man. Whether God's reaction could be considered 'justified' or not (ie a 'good reason) is not really something we can judge from our perspective, but these changes were reactions to changes in mankind. We as humans react to change with change, no reason for God to be any different.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by TheStev]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

You do make some very good points. But, however, the Christian texts do stress that our God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Any thoughts on that?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Thanks to your reference to Michael Tsarian, I did find some of his articles. Very enlightening! According to him, Our hospitals are owned by Knights Templars, and even today, certain babies are taken away at birth or swapped out. The interviewer at Winston-Salem, N.C. told of a story where his mother worked at a hospital at Raleigh-Durham, where a disfigured infant was born; resembling a frog. Flat face with webbed fingers and toes. His mom says she doesn't know what happened to the child. It just disappeared from the hospital.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Ouch! I resent being told that any information is wasted on me. Especially when I am wasting untold hours of sleep trying to get at the truth. What is your basis of truth? What makes your beliefs any more right than anyone else? I want to know these things.
Don't just tell me that it's just because it makes more sense. Because I have been an experiencer of many things that do not make sense in the physical realm.
As far as no prophet ever returning from the dead, there are thousands in Jesus' time who believe that He did just that. Enoch was believed to have done this 3 times.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

Thanks to your reference to Michael Tsarian, I did find some of his articles. Very enlightening! According to him, Our hospitals are owned by Knights Templars, and even today, certain babies are taken away at birth or swapped out. The interviewer at Winston-Salem, N.C. told of a story where his mother worked at a hospital at Raleigh-Durham, where a disfigured infant was born; resembling a frog. Flat face with webbed fingers and toes. His mom says she doesn't know what happened to the child. It just disappeared from the hospital.

Have a look at this link "Frog Baby", it refers to the disfigured infant!

Actually I think you'll find lots of interesting articles on www.oddee.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join