It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas tree is masonry…..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The Christmas tree is shaped like a pyramid and has a star placed at the top which shines just like the iconic masonry symbols…. pyramid and all seeing eye that represents the sun….etc, and the amusing thing is a star is a sun….

But then….why do Christians follow a Masonic symbol…… well apparently from what I understand, the Christmas tree is obviously something to do with Christ and from what I know from research is, Christ is anthropomorphized as the sun….. and so Christians are blindly worshipping the sun as are masons …(unless masons already know this)

Now from what I understand from research, Amen Ra is the god of the sun as is Horus, whom is also anthropomorphized as the sun and that Christians will often say ‘Amen’ after prayer just before eating, they give thanks to their god for the food etc, but in a more logical sense they are giving thanks to the sun….. ( also, Amen Ra – Ray – sun rays)

And apparently Amen is used in every single Abrahamic religion out there, even in Buddhism they say Amen…..And so I think I’m beginning to figure out the truth behind all these secret societies like the Illuminati etc…..Even in the testament the word Amen is used repeatedly…..even TEST-AMEN-T…….

[edit on 3-2-2008 by andre18]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hey bud, google "Pharmacratic 2007" watch it all, and come back and talk about Christmas and the tree and stuff,.....
very informative about the christmas tradition and that tree you mention

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
IIRC, The christmas tree is neither christian nor masonic. It's pagan, along with the Yule log.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
IIRC, The christmas tree is neither christian nor masonic. It's pagan, along with the Yule log.

Firstly what is a 'Yule log' and secondly when Christianity adopted things like pagan holy-days, the cross and apparently the tree, (did they adopt the same type of tree or just a tree?) they changed the meanings of the things they adopted for example, the cross is a pagan symbol of the Zodiac and yet Christianity portrays it as the cross that Jesus died on....

Same symbol different meanings...... I don't think the pagans also had a star at the top of their tree anyway.....and so what I’ve explained still stands.....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Erm the christmas tree is from previous Pagan beliefs.
That predate Christianity and especially Masonry.

With likely origins in European pre-Christian cultures,[1] the Christmas tree has gained an extensive history and become a common sight during the winter season in various countries.

Illustration of Yggdrasil from the Ockelbo Runestone, Sweden.Patron trees (for example, the Irminsul, Thor's Oak and the figurative Yggdrasil) held special significance for the ancient Germanic tribes, appearing throughout historic accounts as sacred symbols and objects. According to Adam of Bremen, in Scandinavia the Germanic pagan kings sacrificed nine males (the number nine is a significant number in Norse mythology) of each species at the sacred groves every ninth year.[2]

Tradition credits Saint Boniface with the invention of the Christmas tree. The Oak of Thor at Geismar was chopped down by Boniface in a stage-managed confrontation with the old gods and local heathen tribes. A fir tree growing in the roots of the Oak was claimed by Boniface as a new symbol. "This humble tree's wood is used to build your homes: let Christ be at the centre of your households. Its leaves remain evergreen in the darkest days: let Christ be your constant light. Its boughs reach out to embrace and its top points to heaven: let Christ be your Comfort and Guide."[3][4]

Source:Wikipedia Entry: Christmas Tree

[edit on 3-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

[Mod Edit: Quote trim. Please see: Posting work written by others. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 3/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
please watch this OP

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

“ let Christ be your constant light. Its boughs reach out to embrace and its top points to heaven: let Christ be your Comfort and Guide.”

This just backed me up……” let Christ be your constant light” let the sun be your constant light, “top points to heaven” the sun in the sky, “guide” stars guide sailers……

“adding lights to the tree and placing it upright and decorated.[5]”

DO those lights include the star placed at the top?

en.wikipedia.org...

Even in the link it refers the star to the three kings, which are actually the three kings constellation…..

KanehBosm

Sorry I’m not able to watch any videos as my internet is too slow, possibly by tomorrow I should be able to watch it…..could you give me the basic run down on what it says?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

If you ignore the history before what you decided to keep as relevant.

With likely origins in European pre-Christian cultures,[1] the Christmas tree has gained an extensive history and become a common sight during the winter season in various countries.

Illustration of Yggdrasil from the Ockelbo Runestone, Sweden.Patron trees (for example, the Irminsul, Thor's Oak and the figurative Yggdrasil) held special significance for the ancient Germanic tribes, appearing throughout historic accounts as sacred symbols and objects. According to Adam of Bremen, in Scandinavia the Germanic pagan kings sacrificed nine males (the number nine is a significant number in Norse mythology) of each species at the sacred groves every ninth year.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Yeah I know all that, but it’s still irrelevant as some cultures may have used the tree for what ever meaning, Christianity has adopted the tree into their religion for their own meaning as they’ve done so with the cross, and pagan holy-days…… Even if the culture to do with the tree went back 5000 years to Babylon, it would not change what it means for Christianity now….. Even Buddhism has a tree, not the same type but the point is there.

With all this is the similarity between the two……it’s not hard to see a resemblance. Have a look at this….

THE HIDDEN EMPIRE 7/38

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hello Andre,

First let me say you're entitled to your own opinions, but when they so grossly contradicts welknown facts, or facts that are easily checked by a simle google search, I have to object to your style of making things up right out of you head. I have to insists you check them before you post them at least.

As your concepts of Buddhism, first I have to tell you it is not in the classic sense a religion, it's a belief system ...and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything Abrahamic. And the don't say 'Amen'. The equivalent would be 'Satu'.

Now you also bring up a tree in Buddhism. Well, as far you can talk about such, it is cerntainly not a "Christmas tree" (I'll let other members deal with you misconception of THAT). I think what you might be confussing it with, could be the fig tree in Bodh Goya, where Buddha recieved his enlightment, but that has nothing to do with the Christmas tree, as this thread has very little to do with secret societies.

I have to remind you about the community of ATS is known for the qualified research by its members, and their ability to deny ignorance.

If you cannot bring any substance to the thread, we have to consider to close it.

khunmoon
member & forun moderator

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

First let me say you're entitled to your own opinions, but when they so grossly contradicts welknown facts, or facts that are easily checked by a simle google search, I have to object to your style of making things up right out of you head. I have to insists you check them before you post them at least.

Yeah it's just an idea I thought up last night.......Just a thought......

As your concepts of Buddhism, first I have to tell you it is not in the classic sense a religion, it's a belief system ...and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything Abrahamic. And the don't say 'Amen'. The equivalent would be 'Satu'.

You're right though it's not a religion, it's not like over a billion people worship Buddha or anything.... it's a belief system as is Christianity or Judaism, don't try and debate be on religion lol..... and they actually do say Amen, my home takes in a lot of exchange students from Asia and they've specifically told me that Amen is used in Buddhism..... I wonder who's a more reliable source....you or a Chinese person....

Now you also bring up a tree in Buddhism. Well, as far you can talk about such, it is cerntainly not a "Christmas tree" (I'll let other members deal with you misconception of THAT). I think what you might be confussing it with, could be the fig tree in Bodh Goya, where Buddha recieved his enlightment, but that has nothing to do with the Christmas tree, as this thread has very little to do with secret societies.

I know it has nothing to do with a Christmas tree, I was just pointing out that Buddhism also has a tree which is significant in the practices of the religion..... and it does have ( I think ) a lot to do with secret societies, if I can prove that there is a link between the Christmas tree how it is shaped like a pyramid and has a star mounted on the top which shines, just as the secret society has the symbol of a pyramid with an all seeing eye that represents the sun which shines..... Then I have a case now don’t I….

Do you not see the connection.....the star represents that wise men, or the three kings constellation, the constellations being three suns, and so the star on the tree is a representation of the sun......or just the logic that a star is a sun...... either way....

The fact that the star on the tree is meant to shine.....as does the all seeing eye.....as the eye is the sun...... You want to go even further....?
Buddha reaches enlightenment, the illuminati is all to do with light, its all connected..... The Illuminati think they are have a special knowledge of enlightenment.....they are enlightened..... etc etc

The Gospels are laid out according to the zodiacal motifs with Jesus, the sun, passing through the four seasons. He is born every year on December 25, the first day when daylight hours start to increase.
In the winter months, the darkness of evil is still in force. As the daylight hours start to increase, he is said to be increasing in strength. His mission starts on the first day of spring when daylight hours equal nighttime hours. Spring is the time of righteousness.
He is at full strength at the summer solstice when the sun is at its highest position in the sky. As the sun descends through the summer months, the dark forces of evil are said to be sapping his strength.
When the sun passes through the autumnal equinox, the evil forces of darkness are said to be ruling. On the three darkest days of the year, the sun is dead from December 21 to 24. His resurrection restarts on December 25, when the sun starts to ascend again.

and their ability to deny ignorance.

Yep, you may wana look at doing the same

Anyway... i don't remember threads becoming removed becuase of an opinion...
( and I thought America was all about freedom of speech....)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

I know it has nothing to do with a Christmas tree, I was just pointing out that Buddhism also has a tree which is significant in the practices of the religion..... and it does have ( I think ) a lot to do with secret societies, if I can prove that there is a link between the Christmas tree how it is shaped like a pyramid and has a star mounted on the top which shines, just as the secret society has the symbol of a pyramid with an all seeing eye that represents the sun which shines..... Then I have a case now don’t I….

Sure, you would. Just rember proofs takes links and links ..and even more links if you want to prove a point. I have yet to see any in your posts.

Let me just say no thread gets moved because of opinion on ATS, not as long as they're not in violation with the Terms & Conditions. But threads can be moved because of the nature of the topic and the quality of the subject matter.

Just remeber quality is paramount, so let's have the links proving or making likely your idea about the Christmas tree (more a cone than a pyramid to me though).

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I wasn't aware that the Christmas Tree had anything whatsoever to do with Christianity?

And the star on the top has simply replaced the more traditional fairy. Which in turn represents the woodland spirit believed to inhabit those trees and plants which remained green in winter - and which by showing deference to by bringing it into your house you hoped to earn favours and good fortune through the year (same with holly and ivy)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

Firstly what is a 'Yule log'

lol Searching and finding this information yourself is your most important Ally.
But, Since I'm in a generous mood this morning, I'll share info.
en.wikipedia.org...

A Yule log s a large log which is burned in the hearth as a part of traditional Yule or Christmas celebrations in some cultures. It can be a part of the Winter Solstice festival or the Twelve Days of Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or Twelfth Night.

^^Now, Read up on the history of the Yule Log.^^
www.religioustolerance.org...

The Prophet Jeremiah condemned as Pagan the ancient Middle Eastern practice of cutting down trees, bringing them into the home and decorating them. Of course, these were not really Christmas trees, because Jesus was not born until centuries later, and the use of Christmas trees was not introduced for many centuries after his birth. Apparently, in Jeremiah's time the "heathen" would cut down trees, carve or decorate them in the form of a god or goddess, and overlay it with precious metals. Some Christians feel that this Pagan practice was similar enough to our present use of Christmas trees...

so why was it considered 'heathen' to have a Christmas tree, Andre?
And most importantly, If it was that bad, why do Christians do it now with the birth of Jesus?

I'll let you read these and hopefully it'll sink in

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

reply to post by Chiiru

Yeah I read all that and all it says is the tree was apart of paganism....bid deal..

The decorated Christmas tree only caught on in the mid-19th century.

This is what I'm talking about...when did the star first start being mounted at the top of the tree? that's what I want to know.....and in what country did they start doing it......? The freemasons began in America in (I think it was) 1776... the same year the constitution was written ( some of those people whom wrote constitution were actually masons)...... In that time they could have easily began having the Christmas tree hold a star at the top of it.......without the people knowing what it really meant…

Pagan traditions: Many Pagan cultures used to cut boughs of evergreen trees in December, move them into the home or temple, and decorate them. 7 Modern-day Pagans still do. This was to recognize the winter solstice -- the time of the year that had the shortest daylight hours, and longest night of the year. This occurs annually sometime between DEC-20 to 23. They noticed that the days were gradually getting shorter; many feared that the sun would eventually disappear forever, and everyone would freeze. But, even though deciduous trees, bushes, and crops died or hibernated for the winter, the evergreen trees remained green.

I wonder if they have a star at the top of their tree during this time.....if so, that means they recognise the how the star (the three kings) are related to December 23 and the three darkest days of the year.... look at Zeitgeist for that info.... not all of Zeitgeist is true, but the explanation of the sun and Jesus is right on.....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I wonder if they have a star at the top of their tree during this time.....if so, that means they recognise the how the star (the three kings) are related to December 23 and the three darkest days of the year.... look at Zeitgeist for that info.... not all of Zeitgeist is true, but the explanation of the sun and Jesus is right on.....

I have read that the three kings were astrologists, and that they followed the star based on its astrological significance. (Assuming that things happened as the Bible says they did).

Furthermore, the nativity scene that my mother put out when I was younger featured a star set atop the manger. The star on top of the Christmas tree (when there even is a star, as often it's an angel) most likely represents the star that the Magi are said to have followed. At least, that's my opinion.

Here's a website that might explain more. I'll be honest in saying that I really haven't checked it out too much. Just looked interesting, and I wanted to pass it along.
Astroarchaeology

[edit on 3-2-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
trees are very important and have been worshiped before writing because of their symbiotic relationship with EVERYTHING around them.
Certain trees have been given more significance because they have a special symbiotic relationship with a very special plant or animal, or in some other cases fungi.
It is a well known fact that the amanita muscaria mushroom grows among the root structure of the coniferous/pine trees in Siberia where many people believe Shamans to originate (at least in the west).
Many religious sects in the past&today would be persecuted for the use of entheogens, so they cleverly directed people by stories and anthropomorphizing the characteristics of their experience into the objects where the entheogen was found.

Hopkins Scientists Show Hallucinogen In Mushrooms Creates Universal 'Mystical' Experience

We forget our symbiotic relationships with everything around us except our munchies and the remote control.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

OP please hear what this person and I tried to point out, this is the origin of the PINE tree in our home,....mcylium baby!!! grow it, learn it, love it.....

[edit on 3-2-2008 by KanehBosm]

Mod-edit: Please note, use "reply to"
Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lPuRe EnErGy
trees are very important and have been worshiped before writing because of their symbiotic relationship with EVERYTHING around them.

Yeah that's great and all.....but that's nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
I'm trying to show the similarities between the star and the all seeing eye. What I need to find out is when did the star begin to be mounted at the top of the tree and what country / culture started it? From then on I can determine if the star has any truth to my theory…..

en.wikipedia.org...

The modern custom of erecting a Christmas tree can be traced to 16th century Germany, though neither an inventor nor a single town can be identified as the sole origin for the tradition, which was a popular merging of older traditions mentioned above; in the Cathedral of Strasbourg in 1539, the church record mentions the erection of a Christmas tree. In that period, the guilds started erecting Christmas trees in front of their guildhalls: Ingeborg Weber-Kellermann (Marburg professor of European ethnology) found a Bremen guild chronicle of 1570 which reports how a small fir was decorated with apples, nuts, dates, pretzels and paper flowers, and erected in the guild-house, for the benefit of the guild members' children, who collected the dainties on Christmas day.

Ok….so, it came from Germany, it has to do with the church and is especially significant to Christianity…..

In Britain, the Christmas tree was introduced in the time of the personal union with Hanover, Germany, by George III's Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz but the custom did not spread much beyond the royal family. Queen Victoria as a child was familiar with the custom. In her journal for Christmas Eve 1832, the delighted 13-year-old princess wrote, "After dinner...we then went into the drawing-room near the dining-room...There were two large round tables on which were placed two trees hung with lights and sugar ornaments. All the presents being placed round the trees...". After her marriage to her German cousin, Prince Albert, the custom became even more widespread.

And so the royals pushed the tradition even further and so first from the church and then from royals….

Wooster, Ohio, is the first to popularise the practice of decorating a tree with candy canes. In 1847, Imgard cut a blue spruce tree from a woods outside town, had the Wooster village tinsmith construct a star, and placed the tree in his house, decorating it with paper ornaments and candy canes.

And so the Christmas tree came from Germany to America….. and “construct a star” which means they celebrated the Christmas tree with a star in Germany…..

Tinsel and several types of garland or ribbon are commonly used to decorate a Christmas tree. Delicate mould-blown and painted coloured glass Christmas ornaments were a specialty of the glass factories in the Ore Mountains in the late 19th century, and have since become a large industry, complete with famous-name designers. Lighting with candles or electric lights (fairy lights) is commonly done, and a tree topper completes the ensemble. Strands of tinsel may be hung in groups from longer branches to simulate icicles, though this trend has gradually fallen off since the late 1970s, due primarily to a cessation of the manufacture of metal tinsel because of environmental concerns. This was replaced with silvered saran based tinsel, which many have found to be unsatisfactory, leading to the demise of tinsel in tree decorating in the United States (it remains popular in many European countries). Baubles are another extremely common decoration, and usually consist of a fairly small hollow glass or plastic sphere coated with a thin metallic layer to make them reflective, and then with a further coating of a thin pigmented polymer in order to provide coloration.
Individuals' decorations vary widely, typically being an eclectic mix of family traditions and personal tastes; even a small unattractive ornament, if passed down from a parent or grandparent, may come to carry considerable emotional value and be given pride of place on the tree. Conversely, trees decorated by professional designers for department stores and other institutions will usually have a "theme"; a set of predominant colours, multiple instances of each type of ornament, and larger decorations that may be more complicated to set up correctly. Some churches decorate with Chrismon trees, which use handmade ornaments depicting various Chrismon symbols.

It is plainly shown that the star is not listed here as a decoration…..and so it has further meaning then just an ornament.

Basically the Christmas star is the star that the three magi followed, that star is Sirius the magi are the three kings, on December 23rd the three kings constellation follow Sirius in which a-line with the sun on the 25th…… on the 23rd to the 25th are the three darkest days of the year…..on the 25th the sun rises up one degree north. During those days people in ancient times thought the sun had died, as less sun means the crops die etc, on the 25th the sun rises again giving warmth etc, this is where the idea of the suns resurrection begins, the sun is dead for three days and is reborn again, sounds exactly like Jesus…..and Horus…….. It’s all there if you do the research…. The star Sirius is the star on the Christmas tree……it’s all that simple…

en.wikipedia.org...

“Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky”

en.wikipedia.org...

Mod-edit: Please use corrct tags
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Christianity and more importantly the adoption of Christmas predates Masonry.

Please take no offense but that is saying because there is a cloud that looks like an elephant it must be somehow symbolism for some obscure things to do with elephants sent from a god.

You can breath alot into symbolism that simply wasn't there when the symbol was adopted.
Which is why I think CT's sooooooooo love symbols.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join