It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric Data Collected at Heathrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Biometric Data Collected at Heathrow

www.examiner.com

Heathrow Airport introduced a new security system for some of its passengers, requiring them to undergo iris scans and be fingerprinted before boarding their flights.

only required for domestic passengers at the terminal who want to visit the larger international lounge before boarding their flights, or passengers who arrive on an international flight and transfer to a domestic one.

The test program is designed to improve security at the airport and to test technology needed to collect data.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is more of a government scam than a security risk to me.
It stinks of a scam. If you don't abide by the rules, you don't fly.

What better way to force someone into helping you test your equipment than by leaving the impression that their money will be wasted if they don't 'give in' to the demands of security.

I am appalled that this is even going on. I can see this going on to cover every flight very soon as further testing 'will be required'.

They say the data is destroyed after 24 hours...yeah, right.. sure.

And what's the point of collecting it all in the first place if the plane goes down or is blown up in mid air? There wont be much left to identify afterwards. What they gonna use it for? Compare it to your paper passport when it survives a crash?

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join