It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Flashing Lights, what are they?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I think that the "glow" of some craft (saucers) is related to the propulsion system. In many reports the glow changes color according to the motion of the craft as mentioned in my reply to jritzmann regarding bioluminescense.

Paul R Hill has a very well researched explanation of the relationship of the colors to propulsion source in his book "Unconventional Flying Objects a scientific analysis"

Seems like I refer to his book a lot lately - and for good reason. He has done an outstanding job analyzing the possible UFO propulsion system.

Hopup

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How about camoflage? What better way to be unobtrusive than to appear to distant observers as an airplane? Complete with blinking lights and associated noises.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

"Especially since there are so many witness reports of beings leaving and entering these objects, not to mention the radar contacts indicating metallic contacts and the ability to leave the atmosphere."

Do you think that would preclude these being biological "ships"? I don't...just for the simple sake that there's so much we don't know about the enigma as a whole.

You seem very into the "nuts and bolts" of UFOs where as I don't come from that school of thought...not to say either of us is wrong and the other right. Maybe the answer is somewhere in between.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Well, I am not really "into" the nuts and bolts, and I really don't even have a firm belief that they are ET, but I think that one has to start somewhere if one wishes to arrive at an explanation that, at least, serves to sooth one's own curiosity. As some one pointed in another thread, I had used the term "deductive reasoning" which he took offense to, pointing out that one needs something physical to examine in order to "deduce" the method of propulsion. That's semantics, but probably correct. I think we can form better theories as to the purpose and perhaps the propulsion of these objects based on a certain faith in the accuracy and honesty of witness reports. Even if they were all false or mistaken, the process could lead to something of potential benefit just by exercising the grey matter.

Hopup

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You know if you have sensative enough detection equipment, what would appear to us as strobe lights, could possibly be lighting up the whole area to those observing us.
They are like camera flashes, theres no telling how sensative their sensors are. Those small strobes might light the area up better than daylight,and in a variety of spectrums.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
ok, let's try this concept on the ufo flashing colored lights. As we all know when u view a star in the sky it 'twinkles' and not just white but, multiple colors. Well the concept to concider is this: the ufos are imitating the stars while they are at higher altitudes to blend into the sky. And at lower altitudes they are still flashing it just is more pronounced. The twinkle effect is their possible night camo. Something to think about...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
when it happend to me i thought it was scannig my mind or calming me so it could do what it wanted whatever it wanted

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I was thinking about this today. In regard to 'flashing' lights, not beams or columns of light, I have no solutions or answers, just making the point that almost every possible explanation leads to more questions.

If UFOs are actually black ops aircraft, I don't see the reasoning behind adding lights to say "hey, look at me!" The very idea of black ops seems to negate this idea. By this line of reasoning, maybe those triangles really are UFOs. Maybe the 'government' feels no need to hide its secrets from a dumbed down population...which seems more likely given the current state of things. The average sheep is more interested in looking up Paris Hilton's skirt than looking up in the sky.

If UFOs are from other planets or dimensions, would they need lights to avoid collision or would their technology be so advanced as to remove the need for external lighting? If they can cover such vast distances or transcend dimensions that we are unable to explore, would they need flashing lights to signal others of their kind? Who knows? Do they even use the same senses that we use?

I saw bioluminescence as a possible explanation, inferring that UFO's could be partially biological. This is an interesting theory, and it opens another can of worms that can be its own thread (and probably is...haven't done much in the way of browsing here....yet).

Communication to humans seem unlikely, again taking into account the technology involved in traveling here (if they can get here, why don't they land on the White House lawn? Answered my own question: because they'd be shot out of the sky first), though it also leads down other rabbit holes: Just because "they" can travel to earth does not imply that they speak our language or have the same set of senses.

Could the flashing lights be a propulsion system? That would seem the most obvious explanation, though obviously there are so many differing accounts of UFOs, it seems like a tough theory to test, which seems to me the biggest issue we face when researching this phenomenon. If all UFOs were identical, we wouldn't have this problem.

Just posting this is a learning experience for me, because you really see how every possible answer leads to another question. Conjecture breeds conjecture.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
These are colored laser -like-lights, sort of what comes off crystals, the clear radiant colors. They are systems of communication from the source emitter. They are color manifestions of sounds wave vibrations (physics) that I encountered two consecutive nights in florida national forest beach on panhandle, very isolated. You feel the communication, not hear it. I relayed thought forms with them, not words. Our language is just a jumble of symbols. I directly communicated. I am a 40 year practicing buddhist in the laws taught to try to awaken my mind beyond illusion. I try hard to be a logical honest observer of life beyond superstition or propaganda. the 2 events both unfolded the same, multi colored mostly white, then red orange, then blue green lights pulsating and strobbing, were completely silent, and accelerated at outrageously impossible angles and speeds. I feel more at peace now knowing there will be other planets for our minds to seed after we have completely trashed this Ear-th mother. Universe without end.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hopup Dave
A. Anti-collision
B. Identification
C. Communication

D. Psychological Influence

Hypothetically, flashing and colorful lights could be employed in order to hypnotize the viewer(s). Seeing as how most abduction cases don't mention colorful lights blinking and pulsing on the craft, that tells me right off the bat that the more "sinister" saucers out there are more interested in the silent or sudden approach. UFO's (if they are piloted by sentient entities) that employ light shows might be more 'friendly' than the aforementioned sort.

E. Pimped Out Ride

Humans go to great lengths to customize their terrestrial transports, why not aliens?

F. Entertainment

Considering the most common occurrences of UFO sightings reported are relatively benign in nature, it seems to me that the lights might possibly be a way to make the stories of seeing a UFO more dynamic. Visual impact plays a large part of the entire experience for the observer. Videos of stoic and bland craft aren't as interesting as ones with a bit of bling.

Whatever is going on out there - it's best to just kick back and enjoy the intergalactic experience!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Dave, I was sad to see your mood was "disgusted." Over what aspect this search? I have lived on mountain top on Applachian mountain in remote WV, alone, quietly riding my mind through universe expanding. I was not into speculation about other travelers from anywhere, just me, lakes, rivers, dogs and bears and mind. then, I saw the lights. unsought, uninvolved, did not care about guesses or belief systems from anywhere. My observations of my senses are authentic and I was glad to see a video the night I first replied to you. it was a clear, video of lights similar to what I saw. Video is youtu.be... 30 minutes and lights of the colors and emissions that I saw. My observation did many more things than that both evenings I saw it. I will not discuss this further on line. this is the first time I have opened my self for this kind of site or public communication. If you wish to talk further, I may decide then, but only email. Look at the video, there are other films that produced the same kind of lights also. I can tell the ones that are like my experience. They are unique.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join