It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let Them Eat Cake!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I have never heard about this... what is the salt supposed to do?

I love sea salt. It's the only salt I use, and I think it tastes waaaaay better than the usual table salt. Mmmmm.... makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
more specifically:

balance your pH.

find out what type of diet you would need to be on to balance your pH, you'll see that it isn't that hard to do and it makes a world of difference.

once the pH is balanced, the arteries stop filling up with cholesterol patches.

eat fatty fish (not fried, not breaded). if you can, buy it local (caught from a nearby water source, like the ocean). salmon is a good fatty fish. this way you avoid having to buy it in aluminum cans

eat green leafy stuff. the more the merrier. the greener the better. you don't even have to cook it, in fact, if you can eat it without cooking it, that'd be even better.

really spicy hot peppers.

nuts (if your gut can stand it or you aren't allergic).

local fresh fruits in season.

avocadoes.
apples.
cranberries.
blueberries.
bananas.
citrus.

apple cider vinegar.
raw garlic.
yogurt with acidophilus cultures in it.

long-cooking oatmeal (again, if you aren't allergic and don't mind the flavor, texture), which is typically 5 minutes cook time or longer. local honey. real butter not margarine.

wheat bran flakes to regulate the bowels.

most of this stuff is really easy to fix and doesn't require cooking.

good ideas for those who are worried.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHypnoToad
reply to post by undo

I have never heard about this... what is the salt supposed to do?

I love sea salt. It's the only salt I use, and I think it tastes waaaaay better than the usual table salt. Mmmmm.... makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

It contains alot of trace minerals and essential minerals that are stripped from it in normal table salt. it feeds your adrenals and they perk right up.
himalayan crystal salt, celtic sea salt and a couple others are really good replacements for table salt.

note: has to be organic, though. if its processed, say goodbye to the minerals.

Himalayan Crystal Salt
www.himalayancrystalsalt.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I remember reading multiple articles about fluoride in the water supply and it's negative effects. It's supposed to mess with your thyroid, which effects your metabolism. It's supposed to interfere with your pineal gland, so that's two hormone related glands that get messed up. It also supposedly lowers your IQ, increases the general odds of getting cancer, significantly raising the odds of getting some type of bone cancer, and several other bad things. So it's the perfect instrument of the system. You become fat and stupid so you eat the crappy food.... and when you get sick, you take there medicine. No wonder the masses are so easily manipulated by the Main Steam Media.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
yeah, water that's been filtered to remove the chlorine, fluoride and other pollutants, is a good idea. if you can't afford a filtration system, perhaps you could try the dissipation method:

fill up a pitcher with water and let it sit in the fridge for an hour before drinking it. only take the water from the top of the pitcher (don't tip it up and pour it into glass. ladle it out into your glass, instead. when you get to the halfway mark in the pitcher, pour the rest out and fill it up again, and repeat the process.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Your information is so wrong and misleading that I'm not even going to take it further. You need to educate yourself on what's really going on with today's food industry because you seem to be falling victim to the myths that are being parroted to consumers to keep them ignorant.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
reply to post by jfj123

Your information is so wrong and misleading that I'm not even going to take it further. You need to educate yourself on what's really going on with today's food industry because you seem to be falling victim to the myths that are being parroted to consumers to keep them ignorant.

Actually my information is very accurate. You may want to educate yourself by taking a nutrition class.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You know I have been debating this very issue over in my head recently due to some weight gains that I've had.

I realized that I've gained 20 lbs in the past year due to eating fast food 10-20 times a week due to a wierd work schedule and time constraints.

Then I started REALLY thinking about WHY I did this.

Laziness? Well to a point. What I realized was that I could just wake up 5 min earlier, make a healthy lunch or pack up leftovers and I'd be eating better already. Just gotta make that effort to get up.

I was also addicted to caffeine. Just had to break that addiction.

Also I'm too tired to workout after work. Just gotta force yourself there lil buddy.

What is the common thread in all these things?

MIND OVER MATTER. Heck, all I have to do is tell my body "No you SOB you do NOT crave a Dew!" and "you ARE getting on that darn treadmill or you aren't gonna live to HAVE children much less see your grandchildren grow old!"

And I tell you what it works. It's VERY simple.

But this is America's problem. We (vast majority) have weak minds. I do not know the cause ... but it is true. I'll go into some research I did into this phenomenon in another thread so as to not hijack this one.

But the malnutrition (and it IS malnutrition - NOT starvation) is simply due to weak willpower in my opinon ... NOT lack of time, lack of energy, etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What I'm talking about is stuff they don't teach in a nutrition class because we're not supposed to know about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

What I'm talking about is verifiable, repeatable, science which is taught in class. It's important to be educated in facts based on hard science and not educated by uninformed opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What you call hard science... I call junk science. What's taught in the classroom is not necessarily the truth and designed to keep us ignorant.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Actually it's not junk science as it is verifiable using scientific method. Anything but this would be considered junk science or at best, an uninformed opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
True story.

My assistant manager in one month shed 9 lbs by simply not eating bread and stopped drinking soda pop.

Roper

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, it more depends on what kind of quality of fast food they are eating. That's because fast food, is less crappy now days and there's a variety of different places. Junky fast food counts a bit nutritionally anyway. It's probably more the amount of the junk food, plus sodas, grease, processed foods that have more of an affect than actual starvation.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

The government twenty years ago stopped requiring that phosphorous be applied to vegetables since then nutrional value of our vegetables have gone down.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You know, a person who isn't wealthy could just skip meat all together and stick to cheap vegetables and fruits. I myself am a vegetarian (NOT a vegan, it is strictly a health choice) and I generally only spend 50-65 dollars a month on food, which will soon be cut down substantially hopefully as I am still tending my garden.

Then all that's left to buy are cooking necessities like olive oil, vegetable oil, spices, grains or nuts here and there, milk, water, fruits I currently can't grow, etc.

It's a very healthy and affordable way to live, and if you can get your hands on some good vegetarian recipes, it can be tasty too.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i agree with the main reason of this post- americans are lazy. we supersize everything so you get more for the buck. no other country i am aware of does this. i am not fat(in fact i can't even gain weight) i rarely eat fast food i much prefer to cook. plus fast food tastes like [-snip-]. i would rather eat out of my cats litter box. yes it does cost a few $'s more to buy food but i know i am eating healthier and i just enjoy cooking for myself and other people, everyone is in such a hurry nowadays they use it as an excuse instead of getting up 15 minutes ealier. i have seen women driving at 80 mph already putting on makeup because they decided to sleep an extra 20 minutes.laziness. CMON YOU [-snip-]. just because you are too lazy doesn't mean you should put my life or others in danger. sorry different tangent. but this is what i really want an answer too- how can wendy's say their burgers are fresh never frozen? if they sell 2,000 a day at just 1 store where do they keep them unfrozen? they would have to get a delivery at least every
day.and that is just 1 store- so where is the warehouse that keeps them unfrozen for 1000's of stores? seems unrealistic to me but if i am proven wrong so be it

Mod Edit: Use of Profanity – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/3/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone for their participation in this thread so far. There is a lot of responding I would like to do, so I will re-read and reply on a point by point basis.

As you no doubt can calculate, I feel this is an extremely important topic yet one that goes largely ignored. About the only thing you will hear mentioned in the MainStreamMedia is that Americans are getting fatter faster than ever before, and have never had more chronic illnesses.

I shall return...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Please people.

Use the "Reply to:" button.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

Good post it's an interesting read. I live in the UK so I don't know much about what it's like to live in your country but reading posts like this I always find myself thinking would your government and industry really do this to the people? Are we really at that point where so called 'civilized' countries do this to the people?

For our international readers it is important to keep in mind that this problem is certainly most severe in the US, but is by no means exclusive to the US. Wherever industry has superseded local means, you will find this problem.

As far as being "civilized" and wether or not our government would allow this to happen to people (it is the corporations who are directly to blame), I am reminded of a story I was once told be a savvy teacher of Social Studies:

A man known as Lee Iacocca was the driving force behind the now notorious Ford Pinto, and President of the company. When it was learned that the car had serious safety problems that would certainly lead to fatalities (the car would explode in flame in a rear-end collision), Ford decided not to re-tool the factory or to make the $11 repair on the vehicles. It was decided that it would be cheaper to settle any forseeable lawsuits that came as a result of the design flaw.

So as you can see, yes, they would do this to the people and it has been happening for quite some time. The Pinto was introduced on September 11, 1970. (I'm sure you can see the coincidence there too.)

[edit on 2/3/0808 by jackinthebox]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join