It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let Them Eat Cake!"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Is there anyone else who wishes to challenge my assertion that the American food supply is being intentionally manipulated, and that people are dieing as a result?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I'm probably just wasting my time by "debating" you, but, riddle me this-how is it that life expectancy continues its steady climb in the United States and is among the highest in the world?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Interesting point, but it really is not a valid comparison. The problems with the food supply have not existed for longer than an average lifetime. It is quite possible that the figures will indeed reflect this problem, at some point in the future.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

McDonald's has existed for at least fifty years, and, furthermore, people of all ages eat what I will admit is garbage passing itself off as food. Sure, this stuff has greivous consequences on one's health, but killing people in genocidal quantities? Not so sure about that.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

This isn't just about fast food. It's our entire food supply to varying degrees.

I never mentioned genocide.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Alright. I'll need to review the thread further, also I've got some other "irons in the fire", so it may be bit before you get another response out of me.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I know how that is bro, a lot of times I eat that crap just for the sake of having food in my stomach.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There are too many people in America eating rice.

Thus the potato price has risen due to lack of demand.

(Perhaps in certain retail markets, the potato has gone down in popularity.)

Except for Berger King's and their French fries orders but
they grow their own.

I don't know BK's price for fries or for 5 pounds of potatoes
but when fries were 60 cents you could buy 5 pounds of potatoes
and give your family some good carbs for a week.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I expect that you probably have not read through the thread entirely, it has gottne a bit lengthy. But there was a link posted in the first few pages that mentions the potato specifically.

Over the last 50 years the potato has lost:
100% of its Vitamin A
57% of its Vitamin C and iron.
28% of its Calcium.
50% of its riboflavin
18% of its thiamine

SOURCE

From this data you can see that, while cost of nutritious foods must certainly be considered, it is not the only problem facing the American food supply today. When something as humble as the potato can not be relied on, where does one turn?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

well i am lucky in that i have 1 large freezer and 2 small ones and it is only my bro and myself that eat this food. (getting venison from me is like trying to pull my teeth) not to mention the other animals i get-as long as he doesn't know what they are he loves eating my concoctions i make with them.he hates guns and hunting but he sure loves eating what i kill lol
as for me i hate soda but am a huge beer drinker9which supposedly is better than soda) but when i am at work i drink just water- altho sometimes i will put some powdered lemonade or iced tea in it for flavor
i just believe processed foods are the worst-esp CANNED veggies- even tho i love junk food- but with the right HEALTHY foods they will counteract the UNHEALTHY foods- in moderation of course
problem i believe is noone eats healthily because of the "i'm in a hurry syndrome" how hard is it to get up 15 minutes earlier and make a lunch with snacks like carrots celllery a salad etc?
plus just get some f*ing exercise!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think it's only fair that if anyone stumbles across this thread now that it has slowed down, you should also check out Middle Class May Be Subject To Food Rations, Warns UN

The alarm has sounded folks. Time has run out.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Not sure if someone brought this up earlier but fat people have been around for a while. If you want to avoid being fat, daily eat the proper combination of protiens, starches & veggies along with regular exercise and you should be okay unless you suffer from big bone syndrome.

I was watching a show on genetically engineered foods which was creepy to say the least. Forgot what it was called, was slightly drunk at the time. Remember seeing neutered salmon three times the size of regular salmon & other stuff that just seemed wrong. I do agree with your post though, so many things are just plain wrong with what we are eating in general. The only good news is that there is a pill out there that can make your penis hard and that is what really matters to the general public. Who does not want their penis to be hard when the moment is right? Who cares about anything else?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Not sure if someone brought this up earlier but fat people have been around for a while. If you want to avoid being fat, daily eat the proper combination of protiens, starches & veggies along with regular exercise and you should be okay unless you suffer from big bone syndrome.

You might want to take the time to read through the thread a little more thoroughly.

This isn't just about fat people. Twenty-percent of people with diabetes aren't overweight. This leads me to believe that diabetes is not about weight at all, just poor nutrition. I see obesity as a sign of severe nutritional defeciency. Remember the little starving African kids with the big pot-bellies?

Second of all, I agree there have always been fat people, but you can't seriously be arguing that there has not been an explosion of obesity in the past few decades. Again, I see this epidemic as not being the result of lack of mental fortitude, but of deliberately imposed malnutrition.

Hunger is the body telling the brain that not only is your stomach empty, but your nutrients are getting low too. So you eat. But not long after you fill your stomach, you are hungry again, because the "food" you ate had not nutritional value, and the body is still calling for the nutrients needed to keep the body alive.

This is not just about choosing the right foods, it's about having access to healthy foods. Just look at the numbers I posted above for the humble potato. Look how many of them you have to eat to get the value. You can get fat on anything if you eat too much of it. Now, add to that, all of the psycho-socio-economic aspects of fast foods, both in restaurants and at home.

EDIT to add: I'm not trying to bash your opinion or anything. Thanks for posting. Your follow-up paragraph I agree with much more. At least you're seeing some signs here.

[edit on 2/25/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Jackinthebox, I completely agree with you but what are the options and how long would it take to implement them? We need a world wide solution to making food clean, safe & nutritious. The powers that be have screwed up the food supply at it's core and it may be too late to turn back the clock. Where do you start, who will listen and what is your overall plan of action?

Just try to eat healthy and exercise is all I am trying to say. Easier said than done though, exercise, eating right and living a healthy lifestyle on a regular basis is tough when you get older and lazy.

There are plenty of people wanting to change the world for the better but they all end up sucking out in the end.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Easier said than done though, exercise, eating right and living a healthy lifestyle on a regular basis is tough when you get older and lazy.

Or when you are eating poison and have no time to even realize it.

I really question wether or not our food supply has been "messed up" though. I think this is being done deliberately for profit, and deliberately to drive our species toward a population crash.

I wish I had a real plan, but alas, I am born with...amazing powers of observation. (Pink Floyd echoing in my mind.) The one thing I can say it this. There is a lot of unused land out there. I am homeless and unemployed. If someone gave me a chunk of land, I would farm it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This really must be a cultural thing. I am not American, so the whole super size me kind of living is foreign to me. Being a vegetarian I read every box and avoid as much E numbers etc. I eat very little processed foods. With little money you can cook from scratch delicious and nutritional meals, vegetarian or not.

I wonder how this culture of huge sized junk food meals has arisen. I mean, why is it accepted to live like that? But also I would put it past "them" to put all kinds of addictive substances in junk food that make you crave more and more while being malnourished at the same time.

People, where ever they life and what ever money they have, really need start to think about what they put in their mouths.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

With little money you can cook from scratch delicious and nutritional meals, vegetarian or not.

The problem there is that low-quality, unhealthy, highly processed foods are cheaper than the foods that are more nutritious.

I myself do prefer to cook from scratch though. It tastes better, it's healthier, I know more accurately what I am putting into my body, etc.

I mean, why is it accepted to live like that?

Because people have not read this thread!

Seriously though. These conditions are being deliberately imposed in a variety of ways. Psychologically, chemically, socially, economically, etc. It is accepted because people have no choice, are induced to accept the status quo, or really are genuinely ignorant of the situtation. I really believe that most people are just largely ignorant of what is happening here, to varying degrees, and for various reasons again.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
good thread.

how about that salad in a bag. i don't know what they spray on it, but the stuff looks like it was just picked, yet, it is completely ROTTEN. AWFUL on the stomach. *BRAaaAP* restaurnts use the same spray. i can taste it right away, now, and will stop eating the offending GARBAGE if i get a hint.

monsanto is behind a lot of the problem. i mean, what possible GOOD explanation can there be for making saving seeds ILLEGAL!!! i mean, it's been the MOST important human 'invention' that allowed for 'civilization'. i know old ladies from italy that still COVET their grandmother's tomato strain brought from italy fifty yrs. ago, and DAMN THEY'RE GOOD!!
you buy one of these 'hothouse' tomatoes, or some frankenmato, and it tastes like acidic WATER. no tomato flavour AT ALL.

this monsanto "doomsday vault" is a bad sign.

GRRRRR.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Pre-bagged salads are sprayed, and obviously any processing is not good for you. The worst though, is the sprayed salads at the fast-food joints. The suff you're "supposed" to pick over the burger-doo-luxe. That junk looks like plastic. I have yet to find out what the spray actually is.

The seed thing really scares me a lot. Not even as far as worrying about myself, or even my species, but life itself on the planet Earth.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just wanted to add in something else I found some more details on. Fluoride, the stuff "they" put in our water, has been known to be toxic since the 1920's. It is more toxic than lead. Fluorinated water was given to Nazi prisoners to prevent them from being motivated enough to attempt escape. The leading result of fluoride poisining is brain damage that results in the permanent loss of I.Q. Hence, the literal dumbing-down of America.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join