It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long does the vessel of consciousness hold on after death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am convinced shortly after death our nearest of loved ones can continue to communicate in one form or another. Then steeply decline in those abilites. Does the consciousness just get sucked into the great oblivion?
For rebirth or eternal nonexistence.
sp sp

[edit on 2-2-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Three minutes.

It's enough to hold your world in place when you are without time.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by menguard]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My experience has been more like three days.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My personal experience after being with the departed each instance
(my father and father in law)) all the way thru the dying process (@ 12 hours) is until 8 hours after ...then spoke to him (my dad) in a dream three months later.
My best friend passed late Feb 2007... contact after death while still in the hospital building was immediate (45 minutes), after that, sporadic for the past year...
HTH

[edit on 2-2-2008 by althea041724]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602

Three minutes for spirit, three days for human.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Held dad while he took his last breath in hospital. Was like a lightning rod thru my body as he passed. A month later I had the most lucid dream of my life I told to my girlfriend of a white horse in a mist at high speed abruptly stopping in front of me. The same gray/blue eyes of my father. We had not been getting along. I had much regret. He allowed me to hug him and say goodbye, then booked. She cried with me. Why I said three days was, because after my Mom died in 2003, long after my Dad, my two dogs bugged out (and I could feel a major presence) for three days, I finally had to tell her, Mom, you're driving my dogs nuts. And it passed.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
As long as, lets say family and friends, want to be in contact with you they will be. The consciousness of theirs in contact with you depends on situation. I've heard stories of people who had a death of a loved one, where lights would flicker or go out, as to say goodbye or just bye for the time. My family member's who passed contact comes and goes, and is often there when I need them most, usually through dreams, but through other situations too.

My mom likes to contact me in dreams, over other situations, cause we both agreed I not ready for a full on spiritual contact(as seeing her as a orb or spirit).

Another thought on this would be, because over time we start to heal a bit after a loss, thus the distance(less need for contact) or less vivid memories lessens.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Or us allowing them the peace they deserve.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't know if this will help solve the puzzle but will give a little light on the subject. At the time of death there is no bright light or tunnel that you must pass through, at least for me.
The abundance of everything, that is, becomes a reality. There doesn't seem to be a reason to linger. At that time there was nothing to compel myself to remain. So as to the length of time I cannot say. To the reality of resuming definitely.
Some of the words used here are also in question, (time, death, reality), all up to belief.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thank you for your input T. Some of your theorems are also in question. Please expound on your near death experience if you would.
Thanks,
John

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Opinion re: the OP:

I believe that in "earth time" the soul lingers for a few days only. The reason most cant communicate with them after death is because they hold themselves in a frequency of grief, which is incompatible with the frequency of lightness/relief in which most deceased are.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I could not possible agree more Sky. I wish I could make two sentences out of this but that said it all.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
When we die, we simply shed our physical vessels and take on a spiritual body instead. Because God is the energy source of all creation, we return to the Spirit Realm where God is. The Spirit Realm exists in the same time and place as we do. It is all around us, all the time, but it is separated by a veil.

After we die, or "Pass Over", regardless of what religious belief system (or lack of) we followed when we were in the physical realm, and because we continue to have free will even after we die, we are met and counseled on the truth. This truth includes that Christ is Lord and Savior and that there are sovereign laws of God's that you must abide by in order to become a part of the Holy Family in the upper planes of Heaven.

If we exercise our free will and refuse to accept the truth and abide by God's sovereign laws, we are not allowed into the upper planes. We are automatically considered confederates of Satan. These people are called "Converts". If we accept the truth, we are allowed into the upper planes of Heaven. This is called "Crossing Over". Those ghosts are then considered Holy and then termed "Holy Ghosts" because they are a part of God's Holy Family. All of this, of course, does not apply if you were a vile person on earth (for example, a murderer). If you committed crimes that God considers vile, and did not repent for those crimes, you are then sent to the Abyss.

From time to time, and especially in dreams, our loved ones who have Crossed Over do come back to visit us. Sometimes they petition to be our Spiritual Guides and are with us all the time. Messages from the Spirit Realm come to us in symbolic form. In the form of dreams, visions, etc. because they no longer have vocal chords with which to speak. Therefore, they use symbolism to get through.

I don't know for sure if the passage of time feels different in the Spirit Realm than it does here, but I would imagine that it would in some way. I do know that God's days aren't Physical Realm 24 hour days...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

jpm, I just died from reading your thread.

I'm still here.

I'm still here.

crap, I'm still here and I'm communicating with the living.

Ok, I'm slipping away now. Oh, and it feels so wonderful. Grandpa....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Originally posted by jpm1602

Three minutes for spirit, three days for human.

Its interesting that you say that. A couple years ago I was watching this low budget show. I think it was that show BEYOND that was made in a toronto university I think, and lasted a few seasons. They make it seem cheesy yet its very interesting and informative.

Anyways. This one particular episode they were talking about 6 different kinds of energy in the human body that they know of. They had special cameras to view each one. I thought it was interesting that they added water to this like 10 000 year old algae and the energy inside it started moving again.

Anyways in the episode they were video taping a dead guy, just lieing on a slab. They didn't get much but after a few days... it might have been 3 exactly, They video taped a brief shot of like this energy squirming out of his head then dissapearing. It looked like some inter-dimensional slug or something.

And don't all dead bodies lose an exact amount of weight when they first die? Like 3 - 4 ounces or pounds or something and no'one knows why? Perhaps its a shift in frequency, density. Perhaps our body energies contain a density/weight..like all other energy (atoms etc), and when we die it shifts frequency, lowering its weight. Or perhaps that small amount of lost weight is the combined density of our body conciousness.

I've always been interested of what happens to the body at the time of death until complete abandonement of the body vessel.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very cool reply Caveman. One of Stephen King's novels dealt alot with the silver cord in the head thing that when snipped allowed the soul to be freed. I have also read on more than one occasion the body does lose 2/3 ounces after death. Death has always fascinated me. Working in dialysis for twenty years and having a couple of nde's myself peaks my curiosity.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
To the origonal post:
Your right, it does seem that just after death there are more communications, signs - whatever we are comfortable calling them. There is more than one reason for this. The first is the energy/thoughts/love/grief/ect being put out on behalve of the deceased loved one. The high emotion, real gut renching feelings of love and grief and missing them. That high emotion has alot to do with it.
Another is sometimes having to do with the loved one that passed on - nothing having to do with us (a whole different post for that).

But the personality, the energy, the spirit of that loved one doesn't get reborn or become nonexistant. They are just as much themselves (more so actualy) than ever.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank you for that Angel.LadyS. Somehow that makes perfect sense to me and soothes the soul of one left behind.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel the grief all over again, as if I just lost a loved one yesterday when it's actualy been years - but mostly I get to feel greatful now. There use to be so many tears, but now there are mostly big smiles and a few tears here and there - often because the feeling of peace and wellbeing and goofy silliness comes over me and the tears are joyfull ones.

It's been years, but still the love and comfort are there from our loved ones - most people just don't recognise it. Like when your driving along, thinking about the list of stuff you need to get at the store, and suddenly the thought pops into your head out of nowhere, "So and so would love that car!" Or so and so would want ice cream etc....
Or you seem to see alot of people suddenly that remind you of a particular loved one,
Maybe dreams come off and on about visiting with that loved one,
Or you wake up and don't remember a dream, but your thinking of that loved one,
Or the smell of their cologne or perfume 'happens',
There are so many things that we over look after time has passed that we are more sensitive to in the begining just after they die. They love us just as much as they ever did - so much that we can actualy feel it sometimes.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Hey jmp, My first thought is always to reply to that question with, well that's kinda hard to explain. It's not though for me, it's just that when I tell someone they look at me with a 1/2 grin and say something like Hmmm or Okaaaaay.
I don't know how long it lasted but it wasn't long enough. I don't think a day has gone by in the last 19 years that I haven't wanted to be a part of that feeling, emotion, "whatever label you want to put on it" again. When I close my eyes I can almost sense it.
This place, here,"This is Hell."
It's nothing like what some of the folks here imagine it to be. You know the New Agers the Seers and such. I'm not talking down to anyone, believe me. It's just that over the years it's got kind of comical to listen to some of the stuff. People have absolutely no idea of what there in for. I can tell you this though, once you get there you do not want to return and if you do you will never be the same person, no matter how hard you try.

[edit on 2/3/08 by TEMELUCHUS]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join