It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oblivion vs. Morrowind

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I liked Morrowind better. Large, lots of secrets to uncover. Story was more epic. The enchanting system was fun as well. More "freedom." The expansions were fun as well. Never did play with all the mods that are out there.

I got bored with oblivion. I finally did finish it, but it was like finishing a sequel that wasn't as good as the original. Not as many secrets as Morrowind(unless I missed something).

The graphics were of course much shinier in oblivion, in fact I had to upgrade my graphics card in order to play it.

Morrowind was the better story IMO.

EDIT: ps- Levitate, Levitate, Levitate

EDIT: ps- I play on PC only, not sure if either of these are on consoles or not.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by dragonking76]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by dragonking76]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I dont know why people like Oblivion. I thought it was horrible after I learned that the game was cut in half (after playing through it). I never bothered to continue after I got to lvl 25, saw everything in the game in the short time that I played like maniac, figuerd out all the gliches of Oblivion too.
Then I thought its beacuse the game was so over hyped thats why it did good, yes it did have nice graphics. However my Morrowind looks just as good to me on my NVIDIA 9800 gtx+.
And heck I just started a new charcter in Morrowind not to long ago! Without all the mods and cheats that are avalable to be in Morrowind.
In the end Morrowind wins hand down. Oblivion was just over hyped, its still a good game dont get me wrong.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Morrowind was my first game for the xbox to buy/play.
Oblivion was my first game for the xbox 360 to buy/play.

I try to rack in an hour or so of Oblivion a day, and around 3+ hours during the weekend.

I never do the Main Quest anymore though, I completed it twice I think, (Battle for Bruma) and twice was two times to much.
Theres so much stuff to do in this game, its like your playing the Architect in The Matrix, and everyone of the citizens are your pawns, haha...

----------------------------------------

One of my characters, I foreget which one, I left the Adoring Fan in the middle of The Great Forest, lol

Me - *Wait here*
Him - *Here, right here, why not oh say...over there, right here?*
Me - *runs off*

Rosethorn Hall, in Skingrad, is definately my favorite in-game home.
Although in my Benirus Manor, in Anvil, I duplicated all the gems (rubies, diamonds, emeralds, etc...) so I have a multicolored carpet throughout, haha...it begins to lag the deeper I make it

Rule #1, NEVER choose the pre-made classes, they simply are not feasable/no fun/unreasonable/lame/worthless/etc...

The best way to play this game is to Roleplay,
You don't even have to do even 1 of the game quests.
When you roleplay, YOU, are in charge of your character however you want play it, with no limits/boundaries.

When you roleplay, you play the game how YOU want,

Lets say your rping a Vampire Mage Apprentice, for example...

You might want to complete all of the Mages Guild recommendations to get into the Arcane University.
You might also want to be bitten by a vampire yourself, so you can be a vampire.
You plan your attacks/victims during the day at a table inside a local tavern, then carry them out during the cover of darkness.
You might want to pick up some Mythic Dawn Robes/Hood or Necromancer Robes/Hood.
And mabye find yourself a nice concealable blade, such as a dagger or short sword.
Mabye you want to enchant your blade with something,...how about enchant it with "drain health" on target, or "light" for 8 seconds on self.
Mabye when you get around to it, you might want to begin to take over all the Vampire Lairs, and eventually rise to "Head Vampire" or even start your own "Vampire" guild.

The above was just an example of how someone might Roleplay a Vampire Mage Apprentice

Or even a Black Hourse Courier(a local book/news store) and pretend that your the delivery boy and try to deliver books/manuscripts to every house in every town in every city in every province, while braving the elements(snow, wind, fog, etc...) and enimes(goblins, vampires, witches, etc...)

Its all up to you!

Who do you feel like living as today...?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

actually I heard they cut the spells from the game because some of them where so fantastically awasome it would have been considered cheating in the new game, such as flying. If you could fly in oblivion there really would have been no point for some of the quests.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The reason no flying /levitating spells were used in Oblivion was due to the towns being made inside 'cells', whereas in Morrowind the towns were 'open' to the rest of the environment.

Basically, you couldn't fly into the town, because it's a different zone and would need to load the town.

Although sadly i do miss my dagger of levitation in Morrowind as it enabled my assassin charcter to get an upper hand over those pesky mages who hid away at the top of inaccesible towers.

Here's wondering what the next Elder scrolls game will be like?

I'd quite like an online auction, where players could trade enchanted weapons, soul gems, treasure etc with each other. And possibly an in depth trading / crafting system.

That would be ace.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i personally prefer morrowind....it has GREAT graphic...a bit depressing and i think it fits the game just fine...havent really played oblivion, just for a while, but didnt really like it...i hated the graphic, too vivid and colorful, unnaturally vivid and colorful (which is kinda an issue of all new games recently). also, what sucked a lot was that there were almost no creatures in the wild.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Funny this thread came up again today. Just last night I decided to play through Oblivion again... it's been a year or so since I've picked it up... and I played for less than half an hour before I decided to go with Morrowind instead.

The lack of diversified weapon and armor skills, the limitations of the magic system (no levitate?!), the repetitive nature of the main quest, and the less-unique, less-compelling setting just make Oblivion pale in comparison, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join