It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Picture Of Dorian Gray.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
'The Picture Of Dorian Gray' is a novel writian by Oscar Wilde, it was published in 1890 and is a great book. It is truely phenomanal.

Above: The Picture Of Dorian Gray

The general jest of this book is that Dorian Gray cannot be killed and will not age, but the picture will take all of his age and pain. But if he sees the picture, all of time will revert onto him and he will die a very painful death. It deals with morals and much more.

I think that is a good way to describe it.

Has any body here on abovetopsecret.com read this book. Would you belive that its my favorite. there are no clues.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sounds just like the movie, "Somewhere in Time", with Christopher Reeves. I am sure that movie was based on your book.

It is an interesting concept to think about.

Have you ever seen the pictures in the Haunted Mansion at Disney?? They depict the aging of the ghosts in the house, but it is just for amusement.

And I always thought Dorian Grey was the name of a tattoo ink.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah Dorian it is a great story. I can remember it from when i was a kid. Didn't he sell his sole to the devil, so that his painting would age, while stayed yummy.... oops i mean youthful? Very cool. See ya nuts.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite books as well, it's a great story and a reminder what kind of monster vanity can make out of us.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So what does every one here think ?

If you cannot die, and there-fore are not fearful of the afterlife. Can you be moral ? or would You become a monster ?

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I read this book a few years ago. It was great!

The really weird thing about it was that even though I know I hadn't read the book before, I knew a bunch of stuff about it, like how it ended. I can only conclude that maybe I saw a movie about it once long ago or I read another book that completely ripped off the story, or something.

Actually, it wasn't that anything bad would happen if he saw the picture. Dorian was just simply repulsed by the image. He didn't like being reminded of how old the picture was getting, or after he kills that one person, the blood on the picture. He did sneak into his attic or wherever it was stored and look at it a couple of times though.

It's too bad Oscar Wilde never did any other novels. He did do some plays and short stories and things like that, but I've never read anything else by him, since I'm usually more of a novel and nonfiction kind of guy.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Gray
So what does every one here think ?

If you cannot die, and there-fore are not fearful of the afterlife. Can you be moral ? or would You become a monster ?

I think everyone...well almost everyone would try and stay moral..but after living so long and seeing so much evil i think insanity would kick in...you sould start doing things YOU thought were moral..like maybe unlawfuly killing criminals..eventually leading to other more evil acts

new topics

top topics

join