It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Denies Involvement in the 9/11 Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

But his private life is not the most unusual thing about bin Laden. What comes out of his mouth is, in turn, bizarre, shocking, heartfelt and insightful.

"My father is very kind man," he told me. "And he very sorry when he do something like 11th September."

If he's sorry, then why does Osama bin Laden order such atrocities?

"Because he believe if he put two buildings down, maybe some people, little will die," explained Omar. "But millions other will (be) save(d). He believe that."
(emphasis added)

SOURCE

Those are the word of Omar bin Laden, Osama's son.

And going back to your last question, since you are the one making the claim, do YOU have any video or link or something were OBL says in his own words that he did not order the attacks?

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

How will President George W. Bush personally make millions (if not billions) from the War on Terror and Iraq? The old fashioned way. He'll inherit it.

The Carlyle Group. Bin Laden Bush Business partners.

Like everyone else in the United States, the group stood transfixed as the events of September 11 unfolded. Present were former secretary of defense Frank Carlucci, former secretary of state James Baker III, and representatives of the bin Laden family. This was not some underground presidential bunker or Central Intelligence Agency interrogation room. It was the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, D.C., the plush setting for the annual investor conference of one of the most powerful, well-connected, and secretive companies in the world: the Carlyle Group. And since September 11, this little-known company has become unexpectedly important...

And as the Carlyle investors watched the World Trade towers go down, the group's prospects went up. In running what its own marketing literature spookily calls "a vast, interlocking, global network of businesses and investment professionals" that operates within the so-called iron triangle of industry, government, and the military, the Carlyle Group leaves itself open to any number of conflicts of interest and stunning ironies. For example, it is hard to ignore the fact that Osama bin Laden's family members, who renounced their son ten years ago, stood to gain financially from the war being waged against him until late October, when public criticism of the relationship forced them to liquidate their holdings in the firm. Or consider that U.S. president George W. Bush is in a position to make budgetary decisions that could pad his father's bank account. But for the Carlyle Group, walking that narrow line is the art of doing business at the murky intersection of Washington politics, national security, and private capital; mastering it has enabled the group to amass $12 billion in funds under management

www.hereinreality.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Osama denies involvement

Muhammad Najeeb in Islamabad
Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden has denied involvement in the United States terror attacks, but justified the killing of thousands in Washington and New York as "oppressors' reaction against suppresser".

A statement carried by the Pakistani Urdu newspaper Ausaf quoted bin Laden, who lives in Afghanistan, as saying, "I don't have any link to the US attacks, but I second it as it is the oppressors' reaction against suppresser."
We condemn the attack and make it clear that we are not involved in it any way," Online news agency quoted Afghan ambassador to Pakistan Abdul Salam Zaeef Mugf as telling reporters in Islamabad late Tuesday.

"Osama bin Laden has no facilities to make such a big planning. We don't expect the US to attack us on mere assumptions."

"It would be a big mistake of the US if they tried to target Afghanistan for the crime. We are not in anyway involved and we have cleared our position in this regard."

"Osama has not been allowed to play with international law and order. We have not left him to carry such terrorist attacks. We recommend an investigation into the issue."

www.rediff.com...

[edit on 2-2-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What you quoted does not say he was not involved.

So what your saying is that Bin laden Knew the U.S was running war games on 9/11 simulating Hijacked Aiplanes crashing into towers and decided to make them real.

Do you somehow feel that putting words in peoples mouth proves OBL denies involvement in 9/11?

The Rediff link quotes the same Hamid Mir interview that I have already showed you never took place.

When you post some evidence OBL denied involvement with 911 feel free to U2U me.

Until then, have fun.

[edit on 2/2/08 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There seems to be multiple sources stating BinLaden's denial. I will provide more and more if needed.

And stop calling people trolls when they CAN'T buy the offical story.

September 16, 2001: Bin Laden Denies Involvement in 9/11 Attacks Confirming earlier reports [Reuters, 9/13/2001] , bin Laden denies any involvement in the 9/11 attacks. In a statement to Al Jazeera, he states, “I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks, which seems to have been planned by people for personal reasons.” [CNN, 9/17/2001] The US claims that he confesses his role in a video message two months later, but the contents of that video are highly disputed.
Entity Tags: Osama bin Laden, Al Jazeera
Timeline Tags: Complete 911 Timeline, 9/11 Timeline

September 28, 2001: Bin Laden Again Denies Involvement in 9/11 Attacks Bin Laden says in an interview, “I have already said that I am not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States (see September 16, 2001). As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other human beings as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of battle.… The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; the people who are a part of the US system but are dissenting against it. Or those who are working for some other system; persons who want to make the present century as a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity so that their own civilization, nation, country, or ideology can survive. They may be anyone, from Russia to Israel and from India to Serbia. In the US itself, there are dozens of well-organized and well-equipped groups capable of causing large-scale destruction. Then you cannot forget the American Jews, who have been annoyed with President Bush ever since the Florida elections and who want to avenge him.… Then there are intelligence agencies in the US, which require billions of dollars worth of funds from Congress and the government every year.… They needed an enemy.… Is it not that there exists a government within the government in the United Sates? That secret government must be asked who carried out the attacks.” [Daily Ummat (Karachi), 9/28/2001]
Entity Tags: Osama bin Laden
Timeline Tags: Complete 911 Timeline, 9/11 Timeline
www.cooperativeresearch.org...

[edit on 2-2-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

This isn't Bin Laden
Bin Laden is left handed
this guy is right handed see him holding the gun
with his right hand on the trigger

even in that video of UBL shooting on one knee
in the white robe, he was also shooting left handed

this isn't UBL

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Bin Laden happy over attack, denies involvement

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) — Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden congratulated the people who carried out the deadly terrorist strikes in the United States, but denied Wednesday that he was involved, a Palestinian journalist said. "Osama bin Laden thanked Almighty Allah and bowed before him when he heard this news," Jamal Ismail, Abu Dhabi Television's bureau chief in Islamabad, said, quoting a close aide of bin Laden's. Ismail said the aide, whom he wouldn't identify by name, called him early Wednesday on a satellite telephone from a hide-out in Afghanistan. Bin Laden praised the people who carried out the attacks in Washington and New York, Ismail said, quoting the aide. "But he had no information or knowledge about the attack" ahead of time, Ismail said.
www.usatoday.com...

In 2006, Rex Tomb of the FBI's public affairs unit said, "The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Osama bin Laden's Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11".[62]

Bin Laden initially denied involvement in the September 11, 2001 attacks. On 16 September 2001, bin Laden read a statement later broadcast by Qatar's Al Jazeera satellite channel denying responsibility for the attack.[63]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Hm we have been there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erm.
1) They mis-spelled Osama's name.
2) So the videos where Osama bin Laden TALKS about his involvement with the whole thing were faked? How come he hasn't been well published screaming such from the rooftops? Instead of just some obscure the world needs to be muslim site?
3) He's lying in that interview to try to seem like like a framed good guy to the muslims that view his actions as evil like any other human being not so blinded by fanaticism.

Keep in mind #3 is a possiblity (not known fact) and is stated as such.

Source:From this thread

Nor I might add can I find any scrap of this report on their site.
Here: khilafah.com

[edit on 3-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
A criminal who claims he is innocent....who'da thunk it?

Unfortunately for him, we have plenty of evidence and the words of the people who worked with him.

Terrorists such as Binladen and his nut job fanatic followers wouldn't deny it.. unless they really didn't do it....

They are on a mission for their god and they won't hide that mission even if it risks there lives...

If he denied it imho its credible just on that standpoint..

The problem is finding out rather he really did or not, I've read such accusations before but never took the time to investigate further, I see it as pointless, it doesn't change the fact that hundreds of thousands if not millions have died as a result of it and that it has lead us through a very convenient chain of events the lead to a world of bad...

And way to many strange connections with all the right people, in all the right places, at all the right times...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Bin Laden's Oxford days

Bin Laden (far right) was said to be "deep" for his age

Photographs of Osama Bin Laden on a visit to Oxford in 1971 have come to light after their owner recognised him in widely-publicised pictures from the same year.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
There was some meeting in Sherman oaks CA with a OBL. Hilton Hotel I think.

Item 1 (Tim Osman and Ralph Olberg/US Department of State Afgan Desk et al Visitation w..........

(OSMAN = OSAMA USAMA) It was a link from somewhere on the AJ site.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Please look objectively at what you just said.
I am confident you will see it.

And he was after all a asset for the United States during the Cold War.
Whos to say he isn't one still?
But by no means am I saying that proves CD.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I laughed at the subject of this thread--its getting WAY too predictable! It seems those wacky terrorists are just doing what they always do. You know, hoping Democrats get elected, jumping on the anti-Bush bandwagon and saying it was an "inside job". Al-Qaeda has internet too I imagine.

Bin Laden is an 'attention-whore'. Every time he shuts up for awhile and another important member of Al-Qaeda gets their body parts incinerated or splattered by an American 'Predator' drone, guess what? "I'm still alive you filthy infidel!"

Just my take on it. I've had my entertainment for the day I think!

[edit on 3-2-2008 by CreeWolf]

[edit on 3-2-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i belive that was one of bin ladens first statements when asked about his involvent in 9/11

he said it wasent his work.

anyways, acording to bhutto bin laden is dead and has been for awhile.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I recall him also denying having nothing to do with the attack right after 9/11. Since then, he nevertheless have been continuously blamed in media, and the only known video where he confess the being mastermind of the attack is a obvious fake; bin laden on that video had characteristics that doesn't belong to him, for instance he wrote with right hand. Maybe it was the same "false Osama" that IvanZana posted holding machine gun as right handed
Uhm, have anyone considered that Osama in that pic of IvanZana may just be holding the weapon, and maybe he does hold it on with right hand on purpose?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Considering the only appearance that he put in saying he didn't do it was that first one.
And this dubious source with dubious reasons why he would be saying such.
Hmmmmmmm.
Sounds like smoke screen methinks.
Good work at confusing the issue and making this thing into a morass.
Many benefits there are. (Yoda speak)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Agreed. I want to see someone prove this because I am sick of hearing people repeat lies fed to them by the media who we all know take their orders from the Government.

I just find it really funny how they all of a sudden knew who it was who did this RIGHT after it happened. Oh yeah, it was Iraq too. lol

Good thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Can you imagine what would happen to the whole "War on Terror" if followers/supporters/family of OBL stated that he DIDN'T have anything to do with the attacks. Couple that with the lack of any reference on the FBI's TOP 10 list and I think we'd have a collapse of any support for this "War".

Now imagine the pressure on captured followers/friends/family by the "powers that be" to say "yeah..he was behind it". Take that to the bank like a blank check.

Go back to watching your American Idol/Survivor. Nothing to see here.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
HE CONFESSED!!!!

Let's wake up and smell the coffee. The following is the transcript to Osama Bin Laden's Confession: (bolding mine)

Ivan, your hundreds of posts have not been forthcoming. If you are in search for the truth as I assume you are, you would have EASILY found this transcript and or video.

A Testimony to the Truth
Shaykh Usama bin Ladin
(May Allah Protect Him)
Rabi' al-Thani 1427AH /May 2006 CE
As-Sahab Media

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful. All praise is due to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, and prayers and peace upon the Prophets and Messengers. As for what follows: From Usama bin Muhammad bin Ladin to the American people: peace be upon he who has followed the Guidance.

This is a brief message whose topic is my testimony on behalf of the Muslim prisoners you are holding, and in it I will talk about the truth concerning them, which is something which the Bush administration hates and is hostile to.
I begin by talking about the honorable brother Zacarias Moussaoui. The truth is that he has no connection whatsoever with the events of September 11th, and I am certain of what I say, because I was responsible for entrusting the 19 brothers – Allah have mercy upon them – with those raids, and I did not assign brother Zacarias to be with them on that mission. And his confession that he was assigned to participate in those raids is a false confession which no intelligent person doubts is a result of the pressure put upon him for the past four and a half years. And were this pressure lifted from him for him to return to his normal state, he would state the fact I mentioned. And among the things that confirm this fact is that the participants in September 11th were two groups: pilots and support teams for each pilot in order to control the aircraft. And since Zacarias Moussaoui was learning how to fly, it follows that he wasn’t component #20 from the teams which helped to control the airplanes, as your government previously claimed, and your government knows this fact with certainty. And if Moussaoui was studying aviation to become a pilot of one of the planes, then let him tell us the names of those assigned to help him control the plane. But he won’t be able to tell us their names, for a simple reason: that in fact they don’t exist. This is from one perspective, and from another perspective, the brother Moussaoui was arrested two weeks before the events, and had he known anything – however little – about the September 11th group, we would have told the brother Commander Mohamed Atta and his brothers – Allah have mercy upon them – to leave America immediately before their affair was exposed. And with this it becomes clear to even the novice investigator – not to mention the seasoned one – that there is no connection between him and the events of September 11th.....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by CaptainObvious]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join