It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Denies Involvement in the 9/11 Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ummat Interviews Usamah Bin-Ladin
28 September 2001

Bin-Ladin Denies Involvement in the 9/11 Attacks

Source: Khilafah.com, 10 Oct 2001

The Al-Qaidah group had nothing to do with the 11 September attacks on the USA, according to Usama bin Ladin in an interview with the Pakistani newspaper Ummat. Usama bin Ladin went on to suggest that Jews or US secret services were behind the attacks, and to express gratitude and support for Pakistan, urging Pakistan’s people to jihad against the West. The following is the text of an interview conducted by a "special correspondent", published in the Pakistani newspaper Ummat on 28 September, place and date of interview not given.

[UMMAT: You have been accused of involvement in the attacks in New York and Washington. What do you want to say about this? If you are not involved, who might be?

USAMA BIN LADEN: In the name of Allah (God), the most beneficent, the most merciful. Praise be to Allah, Who is the creator of the whole universe and Who made the Earth as an abode for peace, for the whole humankind. Allah is the Sustainer, who sent Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) for our guidance. I am thankful to the Ummat Group of Publications, which gave me the opportunity to convey my viewpoint to the people, particularly the valiant and momin (true Muslim) people of Pakistan who refused to believe the lies of the demon (Pakistani military dictator General Pervez Musharraf).

I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle. It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people of other faiths, particularly the followers of Islam. All that is going on in Palestine for the last 11 months is sufficient to call the wrath of God upon the United States and Israel. There is also a warning for those Muslim countries, which witnessed all these as a silent spectator. What had earlier been done to the innocent people of Iraq, Chechnya and Bosnia? Only one conclusion could be derived from the indifference of the United States and the West to these acts of terror and the patronage of the tyrants by these powers that America is an anti-Islamic power and it is patronizing the anti-Islamic forces. Its friendship with the Muslim countries is just a show, rather deceit. By enticing or intimidating these countries, the United States is forcing them to play a role of its choice. Put a glance all around and you will see that the slaves of the United States are either rulers or enemies of Muslims.

The U.S. has no friends, nor does it want to keep any because the prerequisite of friendship is to come to the level of the friend or consider him at par with you. America does not want to see anyone equal to it. It expects slavery from others. Therefore, other countries are either its slaves or subordinates. However, our case is different. We have pledged slavery to God Almighty alone and after this pledge there is no possibility to become the slave of someone else. If we do that it will be disregardful to both our Sustainer and his fellow beings. Most of the world nations upholding their freedom are the religious ones, which are the enemies of the UThe countries which do not agree to become the U.S. slaves are China, Iran, Libya, Cuba, Syria [Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Sudan, Indonesia, Malaysia] and Russia. Whoever committed the act of 11 September are not the friends of the American people. nited States, or the U.S. itself considers them as its enemies.

And here is the most important part

I have already said that we are against the American system, not against its people, whereas in these attacks, the common American people have been killed. According to my information, the death toll is much higher than what the U.S. Government has stated. But the Bush Administration does not want the panic to spread. The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; the people who are a part of the U.S. system, but are dissenting against it. Or those who are working for some other system; persons who want to make the present century as a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity so that their own civilization, nation, country, or ideology could survive. They can be anyone, from Russia to Israel and from India to Serbia. In the U.S. itself, there are dozens of well-organized and well-equipped groups, which are capable of causing a large-scale destruction.

Then there are intelligence agencies in the U.S., which require billions of dollars worth of funds from the Congress and the government every year. This [funding issue] was not a big problem till the existence of the former Soviet Union but after that the budget of these agencies has been in danger. They needed an enemy. So, they first started propaganda against Usama and Taleban and then this incident happened...............

Read the rest here 911review.com...

Mod Edit: Fixed ALL CAPS title

[edit on 2/2/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
ROck on

Good info, I'm looking into it, I might comment later when I have something rational to say (if I ever do).

But as to comment something from this seat, I'm surprised to see that Bin Laden still makes out comments when he's supposed to be dead.

At least according to Bhutto, whom also is dead. Anyhow, this Bin Laden comment might be a rocker.

Good info indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A criminal who claims he is innocent....who'da thunk it?

Unfortunately for him, we have plenty of evidence and the words of the people who worked with him.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
A criminal who claims he is innocent....who'da thunk it?

Unfortunately for him, we have plenty of evidence and the words of the people who worked with him.

He denied it and there is no proof linking him. He is not even wanted by the FBI for the attacks of September 11th.

Can you provide some REAL WORLD evidence that BIN LADEN was behind 911?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Um, we already said he did so....

He's not even wanted by the FBI for the 911 Attacks.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (among others) have given all the info needed on good ole Osama. Better yet, look into some of his OTHER statements instead of a phony interview that was used by the Taliban in trying to avoid our bombs dropping on their heads.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
SOURCE www.fbi.gov...

MURDER OF U.S. NATIONALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES; CONSPIRACY TO MURDER U.S. NATIONALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES; ATTACK ON A FEDERAL FACILITY RESULTING IN DEATH

USAMA BIN LADEN

Aliases: Usama Bin Muhammad Bin Ladin, Shaykh Usama Bin Ladin, The Prince, The Emir, Abu Abdallah, Mujahid Shaykh, Hajj, The Director

DESCRIPTION

Date of Birth Used: 1957 Hair: Brown
Place of Birth: Saudi Arabia Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'4" to 6'6" Sex: Male
Weight: Approximately 160 pounds Complexion: Olive
Build: Thin Citizenship: Saudi Arabian
Language: Arabic (probably Pashtu)
Scars and Marks: None known
Remarks: Bin Laden is left-handed and walks with a cane.

CAUTION

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.

REWARD

The Rewards For Justice Program, United States Department of State, is offering a reward of up to $25 million for information leading directly to the apprehension or conviction of Usama Bin Laden. An additional $2 million is being offered through a program developed and funded by the Airline Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Good Ivan, now that you have found the most wanted list. Do some more looking and see why they havent added 9/11 to his most wanted entry. Will be waiting for your answer.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When Osama Bin Ladin Was Tim Osman cryptome.org...

Meeting Riconosciuto and Gunderson at the hotel were two representatives of the mujahadeen, waiting to discuss their armament needs. One of the two was named "Ralph Olberg." The other one was called Tim Osman (or Ossman).

"Ralph Olberg" was an American businesman who was leading the procurement of American weapons and technology on behalf of the Afghan rebels. He worked through the Afghan desk at the U.S. State Department, as well as through Senator Hubert Humphrey's office. Olberg looked after the Afghanis through a curious front called MSH—Management Sciences for Health.

The other man, dressed in Docker's clothing, was not a native Afghan any more than Olberg was. He was a 27-year-old Saudi. Tim Osman (Ossman) has recently become better known as Osama Bin Ladin. "Tim Osman" was the name assigned to him by the CIA for his tour of the U.S. and U.S. military bases, in search of political support and armaments.

FLASHBACK: Zbigniew Brzezinski in late 70’s, telling Afghans :
” Your cause is right. God is on your side.

Brzezinski and Tim Osman (Osama bin Laden) discuss the string of Jihads that Zbigniew never regrets

[edit on 2-2-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
Ummat Interviews Usamah Bin-Ladin
28 September 2001

This topic comes up from time to time, so if you don't mind I will just quote my response to this same topic from another thread. OK?

Its a very interesting story.
But the story behind the story is more interesting.

Hamid Mir wrote the story for UMMAT.
I call it a story instead of an "interview" because Hamid Mir did not have an interview with OBL.

Thats right. The "interview" didn't take place.
What did happen is that a guy delivered a peice of paper to Hamid, and said it was from OBL.

Thats it.

We only have Hamid's word that anything took place. The paper has never surfaced. Hamid printed the alleged contents of the alleged paper, and called it an interview. CNN and BBC had been trying to get a real interview, but since they were unable too, they picked up Hamid's story and provided select quotes from it.

Next thing you know, here we are on ATS years later talking about an interview like there was one, and to this day few people realize this was never an interview. Maybe not even a piece of paper.

Pretty interesting background, eh?

Oh, BTW, the below excerpt is from an actual interview, with Hamid Mir.

Hamid Mir — the last journalist to interview Osama bin Laden

About three hours after the attack on September 11 that same messenger visited my office. At the time I was very scared. I asked him what was going on, and he gave me a document in Arabic from Osama. It said he supported the attack but had no hand in it.

I published that in the paper.

Pretty funny.

Hamid was able to built an entire career off of that "interview". Prior to that, he had been fired from reporting jobs several times.

Pretty smart cookie. Bet he plays a good hand of snooker, eh?

So much for Khilafah.com, UMMAT, and 911review.com being reliable sources of information on the subject.

[edit on 2/2/08 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wonder why OBL son came out last month saying that he had spoken dad was sorry for the 9-11 attacks.

I wonder about the video that was found in which he praised some of the hijackers by name. (yeah yeah for the CT's is fake along with everything else that can shed light to what really happen that day)

The fact is that just because you found this one report which veracity is highly dubious, can not compare with the evidence that points in the other direction.

To be honest, this reeks of disinfo!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

FLASHBACK: Zbigniew Brzezinski in late 70’s, telling Afghans :
” Your cause is right. God is on your side.

Brzezinski and Tim Osman (Osama bin Laden) discuss the string of Jihads that Zbigniew never regrets

I don't know that the Tim Osman thing has ever been proven to my satisfaction, and I can't definitively say if that is OBL in the pic or not.

But, you may be correct about Brezezinski.
See:
How Jimmy Carter and I Started the Mujahideen: Interview with Zbginiew Brzezinksi

Although, I have never been able to find the original article.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sorry but that pic isnt Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Bin Laden: AUTHENTIC INTERVIEW
by Carol A. Valentine

www.Public-Action.com...
Copyright, October, 2001
May be reproduced for non-commercial purposes.

October 16, 2001-- An interview with Osama bin Laden was published in a Karachi-based Pakistani daily newspaper, Ummat, on September 28, 2001. In this interview, bin Laden says of the September 11 attacks in the US:
"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.

"It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people . . . " Everyone familiar with the content of the Waco Holocaust Electronic Museum

www.Public-action.com...

knows bin Laden is telling the truth.

News of this Ummat interview was suppressed in the US. Between the time of its publication and October 7, the US apparently spent its time creating a fake "bin Laden" interview, using either a stand-in or morphing. Or was the fraud produced by the Brits, as a favor to the US? No, the Taliban Home Video was a ham-fisted effort. The Brits usually have more subtlety.

You can read about the US fraud, "The Taliban Home Video," at

www.Public-Action.com...

Attached to "The Taliban Home Video" you will find a copy of a March, 1977 CNN interview with bin Laden, conducted by Peter Arnett. Compare the content and the style of bin Laden's remarks in the 1977 CNN interview with the content and style of bin Laden's remarks in the September 28, 2001 Ummat interview. Yes, it is the same man, all right. It appears to me that the Ummat interview is authentic.

Here is a copy of the Ummat interview, which you can find at this URL:

www.khilafah.com...

I am grateful to InfoTimes for passing this information along to me.

www.public-action.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Never believe SWAMPFOX or CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Deny Ignorance

Hey guys provide sources or get off this thread.

This statement right here shows what your true intentions are on this site, thats why I try as hard as possible to stay away from your threads. In all honesty is my opinion that your actions pretty much sum up the so called 'truth" movement. There should be no space on this site for this type of statements.

The members that you attacked for no reason just try to provide another point of view to your report.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

What am I missing here?

I've already showed you, in the authors own words, that there was not an interview, yet you post it again as if there was?

Whats up with that?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
SOURCE CNN archives.cnn.com...

Q: Let's get back to what happened in New York and Washington. What is your assessment of the attacks on America? What's their effect on America and the Muslim world?

BIN LADEN: The events of Tuesday, September the 11th, in New York and Washington are great on all levels. Their repercussions are not over. Although the collapse of the twin towers is huge, but the events that followed, and I'm not just talking about the economic repercussions, those are continuing, the events that followed are dangerous and more enormous than the collapse of the towers.

The values of this Western civilization under the leadership of America have been destroyed. Those awesome symbolic towers that speak of liberty, human rights, and humanity have been destroyed. They have gone up in smoke.

The proof came when the U.S. government pressured the media not to run our statements that are not longer than very few minutes. They felt that the truth started to reach the American people, the truth that we are not terrorists as they understand it but because we are being attacked in Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, Sudan, Somalia, Kashmir, the Philippines and everywhere else. They understood the truth that this is a reaction from the youth of the Muslim nation against the British government. They forgot all about fair and objective reporting and reporting the other side of the issue. I tell you freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people and the West in general will enter an unbearable hell and a choking life because the Western leadership acts under the Zionist lobby's influence for the purpose of serving Israel, which kills our sons unlawfully in order for them to remain in their leadership positions.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Can someone post authentic videos or links with sources and dates that show Bin Laden admitting guilt to 9/11? (if they exsist)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So far you haven't provided any evidence that he denied involvement.

OK, I skimmed the CNN link.

I didn't see where he denies involvement in 911 so whats the point of posting that ?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join