It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons for WAR

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't really want to bust your balls or anything

But it's I-R-A-Q

not with a "c"

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Medic

I am sorry I asked you a question that put you on the spot............. I should have known better, I was just wondering about he opinion of some one there

link   
I think you are missing the point. Desert Storm never officially ended. Bush Senior declared a cease fire on the condition that they would follow and abide by UN RESOLUTION 687 (1991)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 2981st meeting,
on 3 April 1991. They have broken that resolution for 12 years and kicked out UNSCUM. They also continually shot at our military aircraft in the no fly zone. That gives the us the right to continue the war to enforce resolution 687.

link   
Whoa boy there certainly are connections between Vietnam and Iraq.

Soldiers in both found it difficult to discriminate between who was firing at them and who wasn't, therefore sometimes opening fire on civilians.

hm is it irac as in shirac

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Soldiers in both found it difficult to discriminate between who was firing at them and who wasn't, therefore sometimes opening fire on civilians.

And often being fired upon by enemy posed as civilians

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There were lots of great reasons to invade Iraq:

1. Oil supply which is desparately needed.
2. Depose a hated dictator.
3. Depose a threat to Israel.
4. Depose an avowed threat to the West.
5. Gain strategic ally and territory in middle east.
6. limit influence of Europe and Russia and Asian in middle east.
7. Strike against global terrorism.
8. Limit the amount of arms floating around the middle east.
9. Opportunity to destroy or take control of advanced weapons including WMD.
10. Opportunity to prepare American Forces for next battles- battle readiness.

This is most of the good reasons, but there are several more.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
N korea where the real ones harbouring Weapons of mass destruction and Bush goes for iraq that was really stupid i think he was just pist off because sadam tried to kill his dad a long time ago in gulf war.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

That's a good reason??? They desperately need oil so hey, let's steal someone elses? Those are some nice ethics man.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hey don't worry about it Amuk, no offense takin about the question. Really it depends on who you talk to. Some people for it, some people agianst it. Lotta mixed oppinions out here.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

That's a good reason??? They desperately need oil so hey, let's steal someone elses? Those are some nice ethics man.

Where do you come from Nada? Where I come from, stealing is when you take something and you don't pay for it or give nothing of value in return.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Where do you come from Nada? Where I come from, stealing is when you take something and you don't pay for it or give nothing of value in return.

I'm glad you know what stealing is, do you also know what a raw deal is?
WTF have we given them in return? I know what they SAY they're going to do, but what they say and what they do are completely different things.
When dealing with politicians this is always the case, don't be so gullible.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hey don't worry about it Amuk, no offense takin about the question. Really it depends on who you talk to. Some people for it, some people agianst it. Lotta mixed oppinions out here.

The more things change the more they stay the same....LOL

Back in the day some saw us as heros some saw us as demons and most were just like us, just wished the damn thing was over so we could go back to our lives

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nada,

where did $78 Billion dollars just disappear to? not mentioning many other countries aid and forgiveness of debts held to Iraq. I think Iraq has been given a lot quite frankly and I also remember the old saying: do a good deed but never expect gratitude.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Nada,

where did $78 Billion dollars just disappear to? not mentioning many other countries aid and forgiveness of debts held to Iraq. I think Iraq has been given a lot quite frankly and I also remember the old saying: do a good deed but never expect gratitude.

So you're going to continue being gullible then? Fair enough.
Where do you think that money went? Where does it always go to? I can guarantee you a fair chunk went to the Pentagon, Bush and his cronies e.t.c. They are ransacking the USA and you don't even see it.
Do you think that money is going to add up to even a fraction of what their oil fields are worth over time?

Anyway I thought you believed the NWO controlled everything? So they must be involved in the invasion, it must've been under their orders. Do you think they give a shit about the Iraqis? You contradict yourself too much man.
About the only thing they're going to do is build a few Mcdonalds over there if the Iraqis are lucky.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Iraqi's are getting more now than they did under Saddam, the only tragic thing is all the resources being wasted to rebuild the country and the money spent to police it from communist backed terrorists.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Iraqi's are getting more now than they did under Saddam, the only tragic thing is all the resources being wasted to rebuild the country and the money spent to police it from communist backed terrorists.

In other words you can't answer a single question I asked.
Ooohhh, they get a bit more hot water a day than under Saddam, that was worth their oil being stolen from them.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
sit back and wait till something awful happens or do something to stop it. your choice

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In other words you can't answer a single question I asked.
Ooohhh, they get a bit more hot water a day than under Saddam, that was worth their oil being stolen from them.

Nada you seemingly have an inability to see beyond your preconceived notions which makes me wonder why you believe that you are able to engage in debate with other people?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I think you are missing the point. Desert Storm never officially ended. Bush Senior declared a cease fire on the condition that they would follow and abide by UN RESOLUTION 687 (1991)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 2981st meeting,
on 3 April 1991. They have broken that resolution for 12 years and kicked out UNSCUM. They also continually shot at our military aircraft in the no fly zone. That gives the us the right to continue the war to enforce resolution 687.

How is it that we can use a broken UN resolution as an excuse to invade another country, when we, at the same time, were telling the UN that they couldn't tell us what to do. Bush said we would not take orders from anyone else. That would be admirable, except for the fact that the justification for declaring war was Saddam's failure to obey the UN. Bush said we were protecting the credibility of the UN, by telling them to go to hell and acting without their approval, to enforce their resolution. That type of reasoning just doesn't hold water.

Also, it was the US that kicked out the UN inspectors, not Saddam. He just didn't want the US to be a part of the inspections because of an assassination attempt earlier by the US.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
sit back and wait till something awful happens or do something to stop it. your choice

Nothing awful was going to happen. Nearly all acts of terrorism over many decades have been committed on your own front door step. They have been very much citizens of the actual country it took part in. One of the few exceptions is 9/11, and there are still some serious questions about how this was allowed to happen. Even worse, that it was intentionally allowed to happen in order to justify this BS war.

I love all these scary bedtime stories about these creepy terrorists that hide in caves waiting to blow you up because they hate your freedom. Have you met one? I know I haven't. I've seen some very angry people on the TV and on the streets e.t.c. but they are only angry because their son just got blown up by a stray missile.
These people have got their own problems at home. The only time they're going to fuck with you is if you fuck with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join