It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christian Missionaries in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I honestly have no idea of the motives. I don't understand it at all. Why people can't just have their faith and live their lives without pushing it on other people, I do not understand.

I can understand why someone set against organized religion will not agree with one sharing their faith in Jesus but I have some difficulty believing YOU don't have the intellectual brain power to understand the reason behind the sharing of ones faith. You know Christians believe there is only one way to find salvation. If that salvation is not accepted the person will not spend eternity in heaven, their soul will be lost forever. Knowing this on an intellectual level, weather you agree philosophically or not, it's obvious these people are trying to save souls out of love for their fellow man and faith in God.

I KNOW you understand this even if you don't agree with their belief. Just as I can see love in a Muslim sharing and trying to convert people to their faith. Even though I don't agree with them and think their faith will lead to death, I still KNOW it's done out of love and faith.

[edit on 2/10/2008 by kinglizard]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join