It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christian Missionaries in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

These are the same nutjobs that are the backbone of Bush and his ilk.

Poor lost souls think they are doing gods work when its anything but.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Looking and listening to these people it's hard to imagine anything less "Christian".

Yet these people have a heck of a lot of say in the US.

Its people like these who give people of faith a bad name.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hmm this makes me mad- I went to a missionary meeting at my church a couple of months back and I even asked if there were any missionaries there. The answer came back no. Its too dangerious

Who ever this group is might get in alot of trouble.

Added-
I watched the video but no sound and read the subtitles. In our Bible God says not to fight your enemies. Who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. Converting people by force is wrong. What shames me more that the Southern Baptists are in this deal. What in the world? Have they lost their minds?

I hope this video is wrong- If its not I will walk away from the Baptists so fast- they will be wondering where I went.

[edit on 2/2/2008 by Leyla]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Can someone explain it to me like I'm a two year old how this is radical? I didn't watch the whole thing but stopped when it showed the murdered missionaries and described them as "radical."

Due to the title of this thread and the introduction of the video, I prepared myself to be appalled at things like Christians blowing up mosques, kidnapping Iraqi children in order to convert them, murdering those who didn't convert, etc.

All I saw were people handing out Bibles, feeding the hungry, holding children, worshiping in a church, etc. No one looked like they were being forced to do something against their will. Then when it mentioned the murdered missionaries, they were described as radicals when it seems like whoever murdered them were the radicals.

Then it said something about how it is a possible death sentence for a Muslim to leave the faith or convert to Christianity. Who is the radical in this scenario? Unlike the Muslim nations, I didn't see anyone in this video being forced to do anything.

So please, someone explain it to me in small words like I'm new to the English language. That was a propaganda video if I ever saw one. Loved the choice of words they used to describe the missionaries and churches.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Reply to AshleyD

They are the perpertrators of hate rather than anything else. And these are the people who have been doing Bush' bidding up and down the US.

Perhaps it would be best if you watch the film before asking questions about it, it would save unnecessary questions.
Personally I don't believe in spreading Christianity at the point of a bayonet and that's what it amounts to since these "Christian "extremists wouldn't even be in Iraq if it hadn't been for an illegal military action.

But the film includes the following comments.

1) It's a Holy War for our religion.
2) God's aggressive Love.
3) Christian Fundamentalists support the US Military
4) It's a Christian War.
5) It's not about Osama Bin laden , the enemy lies in the spiritual realm.
6) My God is greater than theirs.
7) their God is a false God, an idol.
8) Fighting the forces of darkness.
9) American Holy fighters.

It's Christianity Uber Alles enabled by the deaths of 1.2 million people and I don't believe it's what Jesus had in mind

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I thought everyone kept saying it was a "war for oil." Now it is a "war for Christianity?" But again, I didn't see anyone forcing Christianity with the "bayonet." It appears the missionaries went there after the fact. They're far braver than I am. I wouldn't go to Iraq if you paid me a million. Don't want to get my head cut off and have the video subsequently posted all over the Internet for my friends and family to see.

To me THIS kind of stuff is what I was expecting to see in the video. Or THIS. Not missionaries getting murdered for passing out Bibles and opening churches. Hm.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Reply to AshleyD

I thought everyone kept saying it was a "war for oil." Now it is a "war for Christianity?" But again, I didn't see anyone forcing Christianity with the "bayonet."

I don't know if you realise or not but Iraq was invaded in March 2003, people are starving, over 70% unemployed, no clean water, electricity etc. Now if one of these Christian fascists turn up with food in one hand and a bible in the other , of course these people are going to sign up. They would hardly be doing so if the situation was normal.

Well Bush himself has used the word "God" many times in regards to the illegal invasion.He started the whole Christian God VS Evil. While the main objective was still to grab the ‘oil’ and drum up Christian support along to make it look like a ‘holy christian war’.

And of course one should do humanitarian work. But it shouldn't be the main motivation for the humanitarian work as was obviously the case with these religious extremist nutters.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
I don't know if you realise or not but Iraq was invaded in March 2003, people are starving, over 70% unemployed, no clean water, electricity etc. Now if one of these Christian fascists turn up with food in one hand and a bible in the other , of course these people are going to sign up. They would hardly be doing so if the situation was normal.

This reminds me of the critics of Mother Theresa. She has been a role model of mine for a long time- and I'm not even Catholic. She dedicated her entire life to feeding the hungry, tending to the sick, teaching children to read and write, etc. What did her critics accuse her of? Teaching the Gospel in the process.

Not that everything the missionaries were doing in the video was ideal. They used some terminology in their material that made me cringe. But I still didn't see anything that would reasonably be labeled as extreme or radical. Those accusations stemmed from the narration of the video. It seemed horribly twisted. Just my two cents. I don't expect you to see it that way.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Probably a war for many reasons. People will exploit any given situation for personal gain, or to further one's own agenda. This war has exploited both of our peoples to the absolute limits. They have us fighting one another, fearing the unknown, and brothers blowing themselves up for a multitude of reasons. This thread is about the overwhelming Christian presence in Iraq, but there is so much of this going on all throughout the world that Christianity can't bear the brunt of this thing all on it's own. In some respects this is a "holy war" and in others it is a "war for oil." Depending on the perspective, I'm sure you could find a million motives embroiled in this terrible war.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ok, I'm back. My apologies. The images of missionaries handing out food to little children and people [voluntarily] worshiping in a church made me sick all afternoon.

Here is something interesting, though. "These are the same nut jobs that are the backbone of [Osama] and his ilk. Poor lost souls think they are doing gods work when its anything but."

Radical Islam in America:

And that is only one part of six. Kind of brings it all into perspective.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Who made this video?
They can't even interpret into English very well!

AshleyD, You're right!
The way the narrator and subtitles are done makes it look like they have machine guns and uzzies under their tracts and food!
War, in Christianity DOES NOT mean guns or grenades!
The spiritual war means praying for people's souls.

If our country was led to believe that Saddam Hussein was coming after EVERY person in the world to enslave them like Nebuchadnezzar or something, then HOW can you blame them for believing it??

I am appalled by this disinfo!
Was this a communist group that put it together? Looks like it to me!
Do they want sharia LAW??

There were untold Christians as well as Jewish people in Iraq pre-gulf war!
One pastor I listen to was there in Iraq as Saddam was re-building the Babylonian temples, and before that!
There are Christians in Saudi Arabia!!!
Right Now!!!

The Voice of The Martyrs' Tom White spent about 3 years or more, in a Cuban prison for flying tracts over that restricted country.
He endured torture and watched others die.
His group works in the most dangerous places in the world!
No wonder he would die his hair, if you went to some places in Iraq, you would too!
Just looking American is a deadly act.

The ones who do most of missionary work in countries are indigenous people
What do you see these Dutch (or whatever) youtube video people doing?
Just Complaining!

Native Christians in the middle east have been burnt alive with gasoline for converting,
Or chopped up, or worse!
Christians from America HAVE not done that!(unless they were soldiers, blackwater or something.)
Most of them are risking their lives to help the U.S. and Iraqis.
It's what we BELIEVE deep down in our hearts!

I lived 23 years of not knowing about Jesus' love.
My biological Dad Gave us (my sisters and I) up, totally! Disowned us.
It was like night and Day when I met Jesus, and I didn't care anymore if I died. As long as I was with him. To KNOW that you are loved by God is like that.
Many women over there feel like cattle! Men's possessions!

The Iraqis might be killed anyway by their muslim oppressors simply for not being radical enough.
Just disgusting.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There is certainly idolatry involved with Islam's pilgrimages!

To quote, Makkah- Hajj to mecca;

"Many generations later, when the shrine had crumbled away, Abraham rebuilt it, called it the Kabah and included within it a magic stone.

A ritual pilgrimage began among the nomadic tribes to the stone and shrine, but over time, various pagan elements were introduced. By 630 AD, there were about 360 pagan idols being worshipped near the shrine, so Mohammed destroyed them, leaving the shrine and stone as a dedication to Allah. Abraham's original order was thus restored and Mohammed regained political control."

According to the Encyclopedia brittanica;
"Muslim object of veneration, built into the eastern wall of the Kaʿbah (small shrine within the Great Mosque of Mecca) and probably dating from the pre-Islamic religion of the Arabs. It now consists of three large pieces and some fragments, surrounded by a stone ring and held together with a silver band. According to popular Islamic legend, the stone was given to Adam on his fall from paradise and was originally white but has become black by absorbing the sins of the thousands of pilgrims who have kissed and touched it. In 930 it was carried away by the fanatics of the Qarmatian sect and held for ransom for about 20 years."

What is the stone in the kabba?
Beware, graphic descriptions!

The worship of the goddess, spiritual fornication.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That was originally the site of the worship of Isis, the goddess of 10,000 names, if I remember correctly.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
people are starving, over 70% unemployed, no clean water, electricity etc. Now if one of these Christian fascists turn up with food in one hand and a bible in the other , of course these people are going to sign up. They would hardly be doing so if the situation was normal.

This is the point. We aren't converting them at the point of a bayonet, no. But we did invade their country, kill unknown numbers of innocent civilians, take over their land and resources, place them in an extremely vulnerable position... then "offer" them a way out while pushing a religion along side it.

In my opinion, that's just as bad, if not worse, than the straightforward "conversion" techniques used by other religious extremists. They don't need a religion. They already have one.

Mixing politics and religion DOES sound exactly like Al-Qaeda.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So, we Christians planned 9-11,
pinpointed it to Iraq and singlehandedly took America to war?
What?

There were Christians IN Iraq BEFORE the Gulf War!
Everyone in the middle East is not Muslim or Jewish.
Just because Saudi Arabia says that there are NO Christians there, is because a Christian might be killed for saying they are one, not because there are none!
Why doesn't Iraq have power, sewage, food and jobs??
Not because our soldiers(most of them) aren't trying to work on infrastructure! They do.
Then it gets 'bombed' by some unknown militia!

To equate evangelism to al qaeda(sp) (Or Worse?)
is inexcusable.
Do you think Jehovas' Witnesses are coming to your doorstep to lay out I.E.D.s? I'm not one BTW.

Christians are always going to give the gospel with whatever else we give, it's our life.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
John 14:6 (New International Version)

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So sharing Gods word and showing people the only way to their salvation through Jesus is indeed an act of love. These people have so much love for others and God that it eclipses their own fear for their lives. May we all be this "fanatical/Radical".

[edit on 2/7/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
So, we Christians planned 9-11,
pinpointed it to Iraq and singlehandedly took America to war?
What?

What, indeed. I said no such thing. And... you do know that nobody in Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, right?

Do you think Jehovas' Witnesses are coming to your doorstep to lay out I.E.D.s?

Uh... They don't come here anymore.

Christians are always going to give the gospel with whatever else we give, it's our life.

And Muslims are going to try to convert people, too.

KL, every religion says they are the only way. Muslims believe the only way to their God is through their religion. So, what they're doing is out of love, too.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I see now, where you DIDN"T say that Christians Started the whole war thing, my apologies.

No, I don't think they were from Iraq.
That's one of the MANY queer things with this war!
They were from Saudi Arabia! We're still friends with them.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
KL, every religion says they are the only way. Muslims believe the only way to their God is through their religion. So, what they're doing is out of love, too.

Yes, usually a person sharing their faith with others is an act of faith to God and love for man no matter how misled they may be.

Do you agree?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Yes, usually a person sharing their faith with others is an act of faith to God and love for man no matter how misled they may be.

Do you agree?

I honestly have no idea of the motives. I don't understand it at all. Why people can't just have their faith and live their lives without pushing it on other people, I do not understand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join