It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran foreign minister: Bush administration cowards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Iran foreign minister: Bush administration cowards

www.rawstory.com

Iran's foreign minister on Saturday called the Bush administration cowardly for not saying it had made a mistake after a U.S. intelligence report concluded Iran had stopped its nuclear weapons program in 2003...

...The United States and its allies argue that even if Iran no longer has an active weapons program, it could easily resume such work unless strong international oversight is put in place.

Mottaki also said Western powers should not waste time pushing for renewed sanctions...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The report they are referring to of course is the National Intelligence Estimate (NIE).

It has long been said that it takes a man to admit to a mistake.

In this case I contend it takes cleaning of house to admit anything other than lies, abuse of power, and intentional circumvention of the constitution through executive orders.

Iran has a point- they stopped development in 2003. Our own intelligence said so. Why must Bush continue to push Iran into a corner? Alterior motives. And we all know what those are by now. :shk:

Sanctions? They have not worked. Why are we still pursuing them?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Another great thread True American! Starred and flagged.

It's as if this admin has plugged their ears and went "la-la-la-la" when they were presented with the facts. Because they are foaming at the mouth to start up war with these people to further their greed agendas, just like with Iraq.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Reply to TrueAmerican

Iran has a point- they stopped development in 2003. Our own intelligence said so. Why must Bush continue to push Iran into a corner? Alterior motives. And we all know what those are by now.

Bush needs to save Iranian people from dictatorship and establish democracy. He is trying to help the Iranian people and make them understand that democracy is the only way forward.

Well now that Bush has got his oil. Its time to liberate another country for gas.

Source:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

lol, yeah. And the new announcement of the Iran Gulf oil discoveries has got to be like a bleeding helpless fish in the eyes of a great white shark.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh man, the Administration comes off desperately pathetic with that rebuttal...

"Oh yeah well... well.... they aren't making weapons anymore... but if they wanted, they could!"

So now that the Administration can oh-so-barely admit that Iran is not even creating weapons, they're going to turn the logic on us like they did in Iraq.

"No WMD's here... but... they were going to make them... someday. Saddam was a bad man!"

So basically, we are going to be handed the same empty logic that got us into Iraq, to start another war in Iran?

I don't buy it. I think the administration KNOWS they are full of it and have already been found out. I think they are betting on a full-blown nuclear disaster followed by immediate war with Iran, because they know they cannot lie their way into another war. They're going to rely on shock-and-awe tactics to reinstate the draft and get WW3 going. No lie they can cook up will accomplish this for them.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

No question.

People, we need to keep a heavy focus on this Iran situation.

Not only is this admin doing everything they can to get an Iran invasion going, but:

If you're paying attention to the news broadcasts, it's very apparent that the new 'chosen' successor and corporate sponsored media darling is John McCain. He is basically a right hand man in terms of his stances with this admin. If he gets shoved down our throats and through the system in our rigged 'democracy', then we will be into a full scale war with Iran in no time flat, and all hell is going to break loose.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Oh man, the Administration comes off desperately pathetic with that rebuttal...

"Oh yeah well... well.... they aren't making weapons anymore... but if they wanted, they could!"

So basically, we are going to be handed the same empty logic that got us into Iraq, to start another war in Iran?

Yes you will. And it will go through like a hot knife through butter. The drums of war are beating. And its the Energizer bunny who's beating on it, so there's no stopping them.....

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen !!!

Let's get ready to RUMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEEE !!!!

In this corner, wearing the green trunks
weighing in at 110 pounds, representing
the country of Iran it's

Allah "Sledge Hammer" Ah-need-a-job

and in this corner, wearing the red, white and blue trunks
weighing in at 170 pounds, representing
the fascist regime of America it's

Georgy "soon to be unemployed" Bush

Ok guys, i want a good clean fight, no low blows
and back to your corners when I say so. Is that understood?

"Bush": Does that mean I can't use my pocket missile ??

"Ah-need-a-job": Go head toilet boy, we don't have pocket
missiles in our country.

(DING!)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

lol simon, that does bout sum it up doesn't it?

You forgot to mention the prize:

... 4 million barrels, 3 pissed off neighbors, 2 superpowers, and a nuclear holocaust ring.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Exactly what i was thinking .
Couldn't Iran then say "Well the US says its not going to use its nuclear weapons . But they have them and have used them before so there defiantly a threat to the world"

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
what odds would i get for there being a war in iran in the next 12 months?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
Exactly what i was thinking .
Couldn't Iran then say "Well the US says its not going to use its nuclear weapons . But they have them and have used them before so there defiantly a threat to the world"

That's probably exactly what the Iranian pres. is telling his people.

"Look, Israel and the U.S. are a nuclear superpower and they want to war with us. All we want is nuclear power and they want to kill us... so the holy war is on."

Of course the people will believe him, because our pres. really is poking Iran in the chest and trying to start a fight.

Pres. Ahmed is just another actor like George Bush trying to seem like a tough guy and get his country into WW3. Him and Bush are both puffing their chests out on the world scene so that we can be fooled into thinking there is real beef between the U.S. and Iran. There isn't.

Normal Iranian citizens love the U.S., they love our music and movies and they are scared to death of a war with us... and the U.S. people, we don't want to hurt them. We don't even want to be in Iraq anymore. And lots of young Iranians want Ahmed. out of the picture because they don't want to go to war (just like the young in U.S.)

But look how our leaders are behaving? They're just puppets putting on a tough-guy act until the NWO decides to drop the first bomb. It's scary that we even allow them to speak for us anymore.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I don't know if that is necessarily so, Ahmadinejad is the leader of a large very powerful country, with substantial resources, and considerably better placed region wise than Sadam was. I don't think even George W Bush is stupid enough to attack Iran. His handlers know better, Ahmadinejad called his bluff and Bush backed down. I think Iran have little time for the posturing of yet another big headed american president, they just want to be left in peace like everybody else. Get it yet America ??.

I agree with you that most young Iranians are like most young americans and for that matter young people everywhere, they don't want war. They want a decent future and they deserve nothing less.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by willywagga]

new topics

top topics

join