It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: Above Politics Show Premier

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Above Politics Show Premier

Well after going back to the drawing board and searching for ATS Members with a love and knack for politics, the 21 folks that initially jumped into the fray dwindled down to the last two standing. After doing several tests and an actual test show (which we are holding over their heads for ransom), the ATS Media Group awarded the job to Martin Bain from the United Kingdom and Justin Case from the United States. These two distinct personalities will develop into an enjoyable and informative team that will bring further recognition to the AboveTopSecret.Com organization, The Above Network LLC and AbovePolitics.Com.

In this premier show, the boys tell you a little bit about themselves and what got them turned on to politics and then discuss some of the HOT TOPICS from the political arenas around the world. Like all first shows, including Dave and Johnny with the ATS MIX, there needs to be a little tweaking here and there, but never fear, they will get more and more comfortable with each other and each show. All in all, this will be something even those of you who hate politics will enjoy.

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS SHOW THREAD ONLY OR GO TO THE ABOVEPOLITICS.COM HOME BELOW

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

VISIT THE ABOVE POLITICS HOME NOW

length: 33:04
file: atsmix_2791.mp3
size: 15506k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 2/15/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think i may have the answer to your question Martin. I cannot directly quote it because of the abovetopsecret.com rules. There is far to much to quote. If you would please click here i belive that the first page of information here explains why he was named, 'Lord of the sillys'. but to round it up, he made a 'silly little mistake' invovling a house by the sounds of it, and from there on after, he was known as lord of the sillys. But as i said, please just read that link and tell me if im right or wrong. I carnt think of how to post all of it and make it sound right, so just follow the link please. if this is wrong please tell me and ill have another look around.

For a little bit of humour from him i found this quote. In 1969 he was struck in the eye by a stink bomb thrown by a schoolboy. Wilson's response was 'with an arm like that he ought to be in the English cricket X1".

O and is Justin Case, Justin Oldham, they sound like the same person.

Great first podcast, i am looking forward to your next one please. I shall star and flag this. I love the Non - brit remark.

Dorian Gray

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Dorian Gray]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ahh Dorian, it comes down to spelling.....

Lord of the Scillies

And thanks for the kind words.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Gray

It seems that Martin and Justin are new members; both registered this path month.

Great podcast, although I thought whoever won the AbovePolitics election was supposed to do this commenting?

No matter, that sort of died anyway...

Glad to see ATS getting involved in the game.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I think they're just new accounts as opposed to new members.

Great show guys - I like the world flavour as opposed to just US/UK issues. Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

We have both been on ATS/AP/BTS for a while and as Ste2652 mentioned these are new accounts.

Thanks for the feedback and comments. Keeping them coming and we will listen to what members have to say.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ah, the spelling, i thought it was a little weird, until i found that house bit after 30 mins or so. Well now, ive googled the new spelling. Even less this time im afried, so i will take my leave from your name game, but i will be listening for the answer.

One again, great podcast.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nice First episode Martin & Justin

I hope that next time the studio is a little better shape

I will be waiting patiently to hear your opinions after the Super Tuesday primaries.

Oh, I hope you aren't overpaying the production team

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Gray

Mr Gray, don't give up so quickly.............a small clue. One word in the sentence is the cornerstone clue?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks JacKatMtn. Both Justin and I spent some time cleaning the studio after we finished

Pre guessing the agenda for the next show......................................

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Martin Bain

I thank you Martin, i am currently busy due to college work. but i shall resume this quest on tuesday night. I just hope i am still the first to get it.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I apologize to you Martin, i cannot seem to find the reason why Harold Wilson has been associated with the name that you gave on your Podcast.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Dorian, you got closer than anyone else, and I liked your logic in searching for the answer.

Listen to The Above Politics Show Number 2 to hear the answer.

I have asked Dave rabbit to give you Applause Points, and guess what, there is another chance to win on show number 2

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Done!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nice try, Dorian. I can see that we'll be hearing from you again in the future.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Thank you Dave, Justin & Martin for the applause, ill be looking for the second one. Ill try just as hard for that one.

Dorian Gray

new topics

top topics

join