It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon and Chevron both see profits soar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Exxon and Chevron both see profits soar

www.latimes.com

Exxon Mobil Corp. shattered its own record as the world's most profitable publicly traded corporation, as rising oil prices helped the company bring in better-than-ever income and revenue for the fourth quarter and 2007.

Irving, Texas-based Exxon's net income rose 3% to $40.6 billion in 2007, surpassing its 2006 record of $39.5 billion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.forbes.com
www.independent.co.uk

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No surprises here of course.

I still don't know why I'm paying so much at the pump.

"Congratulations to Exxon Mobil and Chevron -- for reminding Americans why they cringe every time they pull into a gas station and for reminding Washington why it needs to act swiftly to break our dependence on foreign oil and rollback unnecessary tax incentives for oil companies," Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said in a statement.

Somehow I don't see us breaking this addiction anytime soon.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sen Charles Schumer, you know what instead of telling people what they can actually figure out for them selves, why dont u as a senator, actually do something about it, or does the scenario go the smart sheepie, should figure to go and buy shares in these coporations, makes me sick, but then again why bother, no ones doing or will do anything about it, reminds me of our road tax in the UK, no worries its for road creation, so we dont have tolls and major costs on our infra structure, same gig, all lies, time for a change, but how

join