A Course in Miracles/Disappearance of the Universe?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Has anyone read Disappearance of the Universe? It's a book from some guy who came into contact with 2 "ascended masters". They talk about everything in a simple direct manner that everything in the universe is unreal being projected by our subconscious. The only thing that is true is love.

The ascended masters' main emphasis is really another book called A Course in Miracles, which is really a self-study course with the same principles that was supposedly scribed by some lady who was channeling Jesus himself O_O

Regardless, they're fascinating reads and would like anyone fellow readers' opinions on them.

KTK

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
CIA clap trap.

Norio gives a good run down here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think they are waiting for the 51st monkey to fall. If you believe in something hard enough it will come true.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Having read A Course in Miracles many years ago all I have to say is that the CIA has far better things to do than commission a book like that.

Whether it was channeled or not is illrelevent it presents what I would call fundamental spiritual precepts from the writers of the Upansiads to the Sufi's in a somewhat Christian garb.

I presonally prefer to go to the sources as opposed to "new age" rehashings. That being said...

Its harmless.

KTK

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Did you read the thread that Norio Hayakawa created? Did you visit the links?

I think he makes a compelling argument and spells out the motives quite clearly. This seems to be a paperclip extension.

William Thetford had clear CIA links, there are many threads on ATS about it.

Please debunk Norios findings, instead of just claiming the CIA have better things to do. Im willing to listen and be persuaded that the links arnt there. This is what ATS is about after all.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
KTK, have you actually read the books I mentioned other than just the conspiracy theories?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
These two books are fascinating reads, very deep.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Yes I read the links and while it does state that he had CIA links that does not automatically mean that either the woman who wrote (or channeled it) did or that the book has anything to do with them.

Sloppy logic to say it does.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by KTK

Yes I read the links and while it does state that he had CIA links that does not automatically mean that either the woman who wrote (or channeled it) did or that the book has anything to do with them.

Sloppy logic to say it does.

I agree. I guess it's much easier for people to read a single webpage than a 600+ page book for a fair opinion.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Anciel]

KTK

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You asked

"Regardless, they're fascinating reads and would like anyone fellow readers' opinions on them."

And I gave my opinion, I also kept your thread from being closed as there was no conspiracy angle until I brought one to the fold.

I read a course in miricles before I even came across the CIA connections. I personally felt there was something amiss at the time of reading it. It seems to teach people to dissasociate and disconect. Anyone I have come across that took the book for gospel traded in thier egos for a non grounded self centred detatched spiritual ego. Me, I would much rather find the middle ground and actively help people instead of being in a spiritual cocoon.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
You asked

"Regardless, they're fascinating reads and would like anyone fellow readers' opinions on them."

And I gave my opinion, I also kept your thread from being closed as there was no conspiracy angle until I brought one to the fold.

I read a course in miricles before I even came across the CIA connections. I personally felt there was something amiss at the time of reading it. It seems to teach people to dissasociate and disconect. Anyone I have come across that took the book for gospel traded in thier egos for a non grounded self centred detatched spiritual ego. Me, I would much rather find the middle ground and actively help people instead of being in a spiritual cocoon.

Fair enough. You didn't really give your opinion in your reply, just kind of linked to some other guy's research. But now that I know you've read it, do you have any particular passages that makes you feel so negatively toward it and think it's a black ops program? I agree, it's a VERY internal process that it's aiming at, and it's not afraid to admit it. It's by far the strictest, most meticulous, psychological spiritual book I've ever read.

The "middle ground" you speak of is explained as "The Real World" in the course. The point of perfect perception when you're completely aware that the universe is an illusion that can't hurt you, but are still able to work with the symbols within the dream to help others.

A "spiritual cocoon" is EXACTLY what it's aiming for imo, unapologeticly. It wants people to withdraw from the perception that the world is real, when it's only a dream, and start awakening to the reality of God and perfect oneness, which is done by forgiveness/unconditional love.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
hmm, very interesting. I do try to step around the books and pages that come on strong. I generally try to protect my original thoughts and safe guard my own perceptions, but would "God is within you" apply? I can't quote directly but I do believe that this was one of Jesus teachings, that god is within you and that you must look inside yourself to find his light. Something like that, also Buddha. finding love and life in everything, and deattaching from the "real world".

~sounder

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I know what you mean, anything strongly against your original belief system is naturally unsettling, and the course is very bold in its' explanation. Yes, "God is within you" is pretty much one of the main concepts of it. It states the outside physical world is all an illusion created by subconscious guilt we have for fearing we have separated ourselves from God. It is very Buddhist, but different in that the course makes no hesitation to tackle the issue of God. I would HIGHLY recommend reading Disappearance of the Universe before jumping into the course though...the easy-to-read conversation format of the book explains the course so casually it'll really open up your mind to some of its' deepest parts.

This is a good article from a blog I came across, stating "This is a 2+2=5 course. We can't understand it with 2+2=4 intellectualism. We can only understand it from a 2+2=5 perspective. The perspective of the heart."

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The Course is an amazing book regardless of any theorys on it. Very complex read, so complex it becomes simple. I have personaly been involved with this book for many years, and have read it at least 5 times. The book will definetly make us kind understanding timeless individuals. The book will turn a suffering human condition into a multi dimentional experiance. The course is a great way to break free of the guilt suffering imposed on humans by learned behavior, and religion based abusers. I have not read Dissapearance, if the people site the course I know they have good things to say. I have seen this book transform many lives into super humans.
If a person disconnects from reality because of the book they just did not understand the contents. The disconnection is to break the mind free by giving the miracle to our sleeping brothers. The only thing that gets disconnected is the self importance and non caring for anything but itself ego mind.
The book gives hope to any who are open it, it is truly a message from outside our reality, or maybe just on the other side of the mirror. Read this book my fellows.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by dntwastetime]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
bump...any more readers/opinions?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hi, I just started reading the book a couple days ago and find it pretty fascinating. I have been to India where I went to a Buddhist retreat so it was pretty easy reading for me. However, there is one part that I'm a little puzzled about. I'm about 160 pages into the book, the part about the ego. Arten and Pursah say that they cannot visit Gary indefinitely, they have "other minds to blow" and that they want Gary to write the book so that people can discover salvation in their own time. So it seems they want to help people find their way back to the Source. And yet, they also say that there is nobody out there. That along with the entire universe being a fabrication of a split mind--ONE MIND--all the people in the world are not real and thus do not exist. There is an inherent contradiction here. If there is only one mind that exists, then is Gary really talking to himself when he is supposedly having the conversation with Arten and Pursah since they are not individuals? How can Arten and Pursah go share this knowledge with other minds if no other minds exist? If there is only one mind, then what's the point of spreading this knowledge to ones 'brothers' when they don't even exist?? I could take this a step further and say that I am aware of my mind... thus I can conclude, since there is only ONE mind, that I am It.. and there is nothing else, just God that is a forgotten, suppressed part of my split mind which I am trying to recall and connect to (I am God, no? since there is no duality: no subject and object--just one mind). If there is no duality, then there is no other individual minds trying to reconnect into one mind. Am I misconstruing something here or what? In other words, the people that will read this post and reply to it do not exist either physically--or in their minds either!

"It’s like there’s really only one of us that thinks that it’s here and you’re it. It’s not somebody else. It’s like my teachers are fond of saying, there’s nobody out there because what we’re seeing is a projection that is coming from our own mind, and part of what we want to do is take responsibility for that and go to a position of being at cause of the whole thing instead of being at effect of the whole thing."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if I'm "It", who the hell's the "we" in the above passage?? Or if Gary's It, then I don't exist at all!

If there's nobody out there, then who is posting on this message board?
Help me out here

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounder
hmm, very interesting. I do try to step around the books and pages that come on strong. I generally try to protect my original thoughts and safe guard my own perceptions, but would "God is within you" apply? I can't quote directly but I do believe that this was one of Jesus teachings, that god is within you and that you must look inside yourself to find his light. Something like that, also Buddha. finding love and life in everything, and deattaching from the "real world".

~sounder

John 14:20. That is the verse that got me to even consider the bible. The chapter itself is talking about the experience of being "born again" or "born of the spirit". That god is within is something you will know on that day. It is followed by the "holy spirit" that teaches and gives many many understandings on these things. Don't really need a book for these things, but Jesus clearly describes the event and knows it.

www.biblegateway.com...

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

And this can happen to anyone, not just christians and so forth. He clearly says in 24 that if you don't love and keep his sayings, you can still hear the father etc.

No idea on the books, I've never read them. But this is the reference to such things in the bible.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Does no one have a response to my question?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The lady (helen Schumann) who was decieved (in what ever way) into writting this crappy book, died in a state of psychotic depression. Even William Thetford talks about her being the kind of person who had to step over every crack on the pavement etc. This is exactly the description I heard from someone who gave their testimony of psychotic depression.

She cursed the book.

The only testimonies you will find supporting this book will never surpass those of infomercials in credibility.

And no this is not harmless because it is the doctrine of devils.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger | Chapter 11

"I must go now, and we shall not see each other any more."
"In this life, Satan, but in another? We shall meet in another, surely?"
Then, all tranquilly and soberly, he made the strange answer, "There is no other."
A subtle influence blew upon my spirit from his, bringing with it a vague, dim, but blessed and hopeful feeling that the incredible words might be true--even must be true.
"Have you never suspected this, Theodor?"
"No. How could I? But if it can only be true--"
"It is true."
A gust of thankfulness rose in my breast, but a doubt checked it before it could issue in words, and I said, "But--but--we have seen that future life--seen it in its actuality, and so--"
"It was a vision--it had no existence."
I could hardly breathe for the great hope that was struggling in me. "A vision?--a vi--"
"Life itself is only a vision, a dream."
It was electrical. By God! I had had that very thought a thousand times in my musings!
"Nothing exists; all is a dream. God--man--the world--the sun, the moon, the wilderness of stars--a dream, all a dream; they have no existence. Nothing exists save empty space--and you!"
"I!"
"And you are not you--you have no body, no blood, no bones, you are but a thought. I myself have no existence; I am but a dream--your dream, creature of your imagination. In a moment you will have realized this, then you will banish me from your visions and I shall dissolve into the nothingness out of which you made me....
"I am perishing already--I am failing--I am passing away. In a little while you will be alone in shoreless space, to wander its limitless solitudes without friend or comrade forever--for you will remain a thought, the only existent thought, and by your nature inextinguishable, indestructible. But I, your poor servant, have revealed you to yourself and set you free. Dream other dreams, and better!
"Strange! that you should not have suspected years ago--centuries, ages, eons, ago!--for you have existed, companionless, through all the eternities. Strange, indeed, that you should not have suspected that your universe and its contents were only dreams, visions, fiction! Strange, because they are so frankly and hysterically insane--like all dreams: a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice and invented hell--mouths mercy and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules, and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him!...
"You perceive, now, that these things are all impossible except in a dream. You perceive that they are pure and puerile insanities, the silly creations of an imagination that is not conscious of its freaks--in a word, that they are a dream, and you the maker of it. The dream-marks are all present; you should have recognized them earlier.
"It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream--a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought--a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!"

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I've read the Disappearing Universe and I'm currently about 16 days into the workbook of A Course in Miracles. I love the course! It makes some bold claims and I'm excited to see if it delivers.

I had a moment when I was contemplating a point the course had brought up. The moment was very brief but I felt like I had woke up from this world into another reality and it seemed I knew two persons or things in that other reality like I would a friend in this reality. I yelled to them( not with words but mentally) to not let me go back to sleep and return here and then I was back. I don't know if they knew I was there or not. Maybe it was a hallucination, I don't know. I also felt a brief moment of oneness but it wasn't anything like that first experience.

I give " A Course in Miracles" two big thumbs up and I'm looking forward to finishing the workbook.

new topics

join