It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pancake Tuesday is nearly upon us!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I cant wait, I rarely get to eat pancakes but pancake tuesday is an obvious exception, yum, smothered in maple syrup! HOW DO YOU EAT YOURS?( cheers cream egg
)

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Pro-genetic]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi there Pro G, excuse my ignorance please, but what is pancake tuesday? I've heard that some monkeys like duck pancakes, weirdos huh!!! I like pancakes searved to me in bed, with cream. mmmm yummo.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
No problem, pancake tuesday(shrove tuesday for the christians among us) is the day when you eat pancakes, its suppoded to be a religous thing, left begins the next day and it used to be tradition to get rid of all rich foods like eggs and whatever else goes into pancakes! dont think people are big into the lent thing any more but the pancake thing will hang around for ever!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yeah? for real? we eat bubble and squeek to get rid of left overs! It"s not a christian thing tho, just a left over thing, lol. thanks for letting me in on this tuesday ritual of yours. Bless tho cotton socks nuts.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Also what becomes of the LEFT over grog? Beer batter perhaps?
Is this a fun time to be had? or just one of those religious traditions? Sorry , i don;t mean to offend, just curious. nuts.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
whats bubble and squeek? is that an english thing?sounds familiar!it's defo an english thing!I thought pan cake tuesday was a worldwide christian thing> my mistake i guess(not that i give what some might call a hoot nanny)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Wow pro G, i'm an aussie (probably a convict decendant tho, lol)
Bubble and squeek is made from the left overs, use the veges the next day, mash and patty all left overs, crumb and fry mmmm Someone out there will explian this better i'm sure. left over roast veges are better for this, add nuts...hehehehe

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hey all, Its called Shrove Tuesday here is some info,

Though for most of us its just an excuse to make pancakes lol, Every where now is selling lemon and pancake mix,

Shrove Tuesday is the term used in the United Kingdom,[1] Ireland,[2] and Australia[3] to refer to the day after Shrove Monday (or the more old fashioned Collop Monday) and before Ash Wednesday (the liturgical season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday). In these countries, particularly Ireland, and amongst Anglicans, Lutherans and possibly other Protestant denominations in Canada including Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, this day is also known as Pancake Day or Pancake Tuesday, because it is customary to eat pancakes on this day.[4][5][6] In other parts of the world—for example, in historically Catholic and French-speaking parts of the United States and elsewhere—this day is called Mardi Gras.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i actually cant wait! pancakes are so tasty, Imactually got to see if there is a pancake fansite out there! YUM!
What in gods name is collop monday, i was raised catholic and ive never heard of it!

top topics

join