It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% Efficient Solar Panel?! Works at Night?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I personally would love nothing more than for Ethanol to be the replacement. If I wanna eat an ear of corn I still can... But maybe then we could finally have a Naturally sweetened beverage (i.e. sodas)

The thing is, ethanol from corn simply is not an economically viable option for the entire country. It costs nearly as much fuel to make the stuff as you get out of the process.

If this solar technology actually makes it to market past the inevitable big-business shinanigans, I would place my money on electric vehicles. The batteries are receiving serious attention now, so I think range will improve drastically soon enough.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
QUESTION... Why bother with solar panels when a single plasma energy battery can power your entire house and everything in it for over a decade without a recharging and with the same radiation level as a cell phone? No, I am not drunk. Check this out: open.salon.com... reen_energy_reports/2012/04/15/censorship_-_the_only_reason_we_are_still_addicted_to_oil

I mean, like what can get better than this - no grid connection, no maintenance, no fragile panels, now worry about cloudsy days etc.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Huh.....???

That's interesting because I read something similar two months ago but it wasn't invented by an American.

new solarpanel technology

Onderzoekers van Nederlandse onderzoeksinstituten van het FOM en Philips hebben gezamenlijk een antireflectielaag ontwikkeld die zonnecellen aanzienlijk efficiënter kunnen maken. De laag bestaat uit silicium nanodeeltjes.

translation:

Researchers from the Dutch researchcentre FOM and Philips have created a new technology for solarpanels. It's an anti-reflection layer that makes solarpanels more effecient. The anti-reflection layer is made from a silicium nano particles

Peace

<< 1   >>

join