It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bill would make it illegal for restaurants to serve the obese

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
this is SO AWESOME!... not for the fat people no! I mean this is awesome because now I have a topic to completely make fun of on YouTube! Where's my camera?????

*rushes off stage to find camera quick*

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
I am uncertain if anyone in here has read beyond the ATS post regarding this story. The Legislator who proposed the bill does not believe it will pass. His goal was simply to draw attention to the serious problem of being obese. His state leads the nation in severely overweight individuals.

Well I did read it of course, but the fact that he'd tie up other's time in the state legislature with it is what got me. Illegal to serve the obese. I mean gimme a break. If he was so concerned, then why couldn't he have gotten involved in other ways?

edit to add: Jeezy Pete, I swear I thought this thread would get like one or two replies and disappear off the face of the ATS earth.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

Originally posted by hildar
whats next a new law that they cant sell candy, ice cream, or regular sodas to fat people? That is just stupid.

Hilda

no.....one that says it's a criminal offense to offer your overweight friend a soda at your next backyard barbecue.. I can see it now, the national health police, cruising america's neighborhoods, in search of unhealthy barbecues to raid, women smoking on their front porch, wait, wait...stop!! that women that just walked out of that house over there...didn't she have brown hair yesterday?? thought so, hair dye!!! let's pick her up!!
but wait...that kid over there, ya the one with the ice cream cone!! it's almost noon, child neglect there, the mother is spoiling his fine lunch of lettuce and other rabbit food!! I'll get the lady with the fake hair, you get the neglectful mother!! wait...call for backup, did you just hear that radio from the car that just went by!!! oh, my, my ears are still hearing that bass!! he needs to be picked up also.

I can just see as part of HillaryCare, Hillary deputizing CSPI as actual "food police" and arming them with guns, assault rifles, and tasers.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
here's two interesting articles that might give ya a clue as to why I think that banning fat people from resturants or smokers from the world just isn't gonna do squat for your health!

www.jsonline.com...

www.jsonline.com...

Enjoy!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Not everyone is overweight because they overeat. Some people have health problems which either prevent them from being active. Other people have health problems which prevent normal, healthy food from being processed correctly in the body.

I hardly eat anything at all much of the time, yet I weigh nearly twice what I should. For years I dieted and exercised, yet kept gaining weight. I have numerous health problems. The medical profession blames my weight for my health problems, yet I know for a fact that I was having these health problems when I was skinny. No one would listen to my health problem complaints until I became fat, then they blamed my weight. My health problems caused my weight gain.

I used to get the supersized meals, but I certainly didn't eat them all at once. I'd cut it up into multi-meals and have lots of meals out of one supersized meal. No way I could've eaten all of that. Way too much food!

I used to eat a lot of fruits and still gained all this weight. Now I know I cannot eat fruits because of one of my many health problems. I have interstitial cystitis where the lining of my bladder is gone in spots and the nerves are exposed. When I eat fruit or drink fruit juice, I get bad bladder pain that lasts for days. I didn't know what caused it though until I was diagnosed. Drs kept thinking I was getting bladder infections and kept instructing me to drink cranberry and fruit juice which was making the problem worse. I had those symptoms literally all my life, since I was born probably, but people in my family kept telling me basically to shut up, there was nothing wrong with me, and that I was just trying to get attention.

I have Crohns also. I have trouble eating most vegetables and have since I was a kid, although my family didn't believe me and forced me to eat them anyway. I was born with that also since I remember having the problem as early as 3/4 yrs old and cannot remember anything before that to know if I had the prob as a baby or not. I have trouble with milk, cereal, etc as well.

About all I can eat is bread, potatoes, chicken, small amounts of peas/carrots if boiled to ultrasoftness, small amounts of banana and apple, and I have to drink lots and lots of water. If I drink a soda I'm in pain often for days bladder wise, but sometimes sipping coke will help if my Crohns gets upset. Often what I can eat with my Crohns upsets my bladder and and what I can eat with my bladder problem upsets the Crohns.

I have a friend who has diabetes. The diabetes causes her to not lose weight, even though she doesn't pig out.

Health problems can and do cause the body to retain fat.

Did you know that not sleeping enough can cause people to overeat? The body has less energy because of lack of sleep, so the body adapts by telling the person that he/she is hungry.

Stress can cause the body to not process fat properly.

People with low blood sugar often end up with weight issues. The body produces too much insulin, sometimes the insulin is good insulin, sometimes it's bad insulin, and the body reacts by needing more food or the person faints.

Lots of health problems out there are contributing to the overweight population. It is not just overeating.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'd consider this to be somewhat of a Hate Crime.

Deliberately going after a certain group of people, and trying to strip away their civil rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join