It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling of doom coming!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think a lot of it is still from Y2K. We got our selves all worked up and nothing happened. All that energy is still there In my opinion. Sure we had 911, Katrina and various tsunamis but they were all localized. Y2K was a world wide event that would have effected every body.

Its kinda like being told your going to get a piece of cake, getting all worked up about it. You can see the cake you know your gonna get the cake but you don't know when your gonna get the cake.

Thats why I hang around
favorite survival site 1
Favorite survival site 2

Eventually you will get the cake and when you do odds are you wont like it.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer.

Don't make decisions based on fear. Ask how best to live your life and ask where would your life will flower like the lotus or blossom like the rose. Then move there, if you are not already there, and live your life with joy.

Use your mental powers to reconfigure the world without the disasters. When you sense something afoot that is looming and negative, spend time meditating on its opposite -- on a world without earthquakes, a world without tsunamis, a world without volcanoes, a world without wars, a world without domestic violence, a world without villains for rulers.

Envision the elements themselves taking down the New World Order and building up an order of liberty and respect for all the living.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

I am leaning more towards a natural disaster. I have been stocking up on silver bullion coins and bars. In the event of a major break down of finances or government, gold and silver will be very valuable. The coins and bars would be good for bartering with, or buying needed supplies.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have been mentioning the constant DOOM IS COMING message that has pervaded television latley, particularly the "educational" type of channels .
The typical lineup on the "History Channel" or the "Science" channel is like a 8 hour long ^% Faces of Death video %^ Mixed mixed with a few disaster epics [[[EARTHQUAKE!]]] and a good dose of smokin "***Fire and Brimstone***" tossed in just to make sure even those who have comfort in ((God)) are terrified .

I suspect bad things are in the works, we are being brainwashed collectively as a society, as we have throughout all history of course, and the television makes the trick really slick and easy.

P.S. If today is DOOMSDAY I bet Paladin (the OP) is one of the four horsemen!!! You heard it hear first!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What you focus on expands.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Pal, look at it this way, we live on a terra forming Planet hurtling along in a soup of bollides and a Sun that affects us everytime it coughs, on top of that we are part of a great spiral Galaxy all of which us.

On the human side you have greed and power mad people who want to control the Earth and its people and will use every nut job they can find to bring that about.

Those are the things we know so yes its safe to assume that some time soon the brown stuff is really going to hit the fan. If its a natural event then so what who said we are imortal.

If its mans doing thats bad because there is simply no need for it, if you think of all the money spent on the militaries of the World and money spent on war just thnk of what we could achieve if we put it to good use. unfortunately we are trapped in a material World and once past that things should get alot better.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Well put Magic. As long as there is land mass and weather we will have change. change isn't always necessarily good for the survival of mankind. sir that earned you a star

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

I also notice the back-to-back History Channel shows that predict armageddon in every way shape and form. It gets me so aggravated that I just have to change the channel. But if you watch closely, pretty much every channel is pushing an agenda so the best thing is to just turn off the friggin TV altogether. Personally, I feel that since I know they all have an agenda, it makes me more immune to whatever subliminal BS they're pushing. So I always explain to my roommate that what he's seeing and hearing on TV is either not true or some twisting of the truth. I question EVERYTHING I see on TV.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well this thread kind of confirms how I have been feeling lately. I am seeing my 11:11's, 9:11's everywhere (and no, it is not because I look at the clock all the time). I saw these all the time right before, 9-11, the Tsunami, Katrina, people who have died that I was close to, and earthquakes we have had here. Then last night I had a dream that a massive Earthquake hit. The shaking never seemed to end. It was terrible. So I go on to msnbc this morning and there was 2 earthquakes in Rwanda and Congo. I don't know if that was what my dream was about. I don't think it was, I think-actually I am almost certain something else is on the horizon. There has been a lot, I mean a lot of Aurora activity in my area, more than I have seen in a long time. High solar activity always seems to be a precursor for high Earthquake activity. Just my two cents on it...I will go on living life happily, but always prepared at the same time.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Actually I am starting to feel exactly the opposite.

I went directly to my old black K-Mart 8 ball and shook it well and asked it and it agreed things are going to change for the good "very" soon.

That old black K-Mart 8 ball has been as good as Punxsutawney Phil on Groundhog's Day.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I live in a area where natural disasters dont really happen. I've seen doom and gloom scenarios on TV for many many years now. this is not a new and current trend. when I feel like something big(impact on global consciousness) might happen, its not paranoia. I feel it, it overwhelms
me, its really a distinct vibe.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by paladin1852
reply to post by SpiritBlaze

Thank you, for replying!!!!!!
Have you ever thought about keeping a journal. Basically, writting down when you a gut feeling and what you think is causing it/or a dream. Alot of times it may give us some clarity or insight into a situation or feeling. My wife got me started on it and it does work!

Thats a good Idea! If something noteworthy comes to me, I'll try to document it the best I can, thx for the suggestion

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
check out xfacts.com. Planet x is on its way here. the new south pole telescope has been put in place at great expense to observe it. IRAS first found it in 83'. I can only trust God to help me and my family survive it's arrival. This is real folks. Feel free to panic anytime.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Been stocking up on TP and am going to do a Reese malcolm in the middle with it.
Seriously, I've been feeling a great change coming for months.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Our intuitive side is what might save us, in any event, be it natural or man made.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
When you hear four undersea cables have been cut, and all explainations are bogus, one gets a bad feeling.

I'm worried.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Here's an oldie but goodie. Let's not forget the dot.

Global Consciousness Project

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

I also think that Nibiru is headed our way. History is full of accounts of its crossing. Youtube has a few good videos on the subject. However I'm not sure if this doom and gloom feeling I have comes from its impending approach or if it is from watching the Elitist in the world make their violent grab for the worlds resources. I read somewhere that the Bush family is buying up land in South america with some of the greatest natural water reserves. I will research and get back on that one.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nothing a cup of tea won't sort out...

seriously though, worrying and living your life in fear is not productive at all, just relax, meditate and focus upon helping your friends and family and try and have a good, moral life.

I may get hit by a bus tomorrow or die of a heart attack at eighty or killed by a chav with a knife at the back of a bus, or a suicide bomber...

But it doesn't make a difference.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritBlaze
Before that it was september 11 2001, weeks before, I kept seeing the number 911 whenever I looked at the time. Not just somethimes but every freaking time! yet again I told my girlfriend and some friends that something crappy was gonna go down on sept 11!

It's called observational bias. If Sept 11 had come and gone without anything happening, you may never have retro-actively noticed the coincidences, or would have written it off. It happens to the best of all. The same thing applies to these feelings of doom; if they go away without anything bad happening, no one notices.

Also, and I do not for this to sound condescending, but how is your health? Sometimes, medical problems or illnesses first present themselves as anxiousness or a feeling of impending doom. If it continues, I'd recommend seeing a physician.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join