It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All you need is within you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

I think this entire exchange is a wonderful illustration of the problem of language. Communication in a meaningful way has utterly failed. Your restatement of my position could not be further from my actual view, and I have no better way to express it.

What confounds me most is that I think in essence we do not differ greatly in position, but some subtlety is being lost or misspoken that makes it appear so. At least to "you."

I will have to reflect upon what this could be.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Reflect, cause the answers inside !!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SolPower

Indeed. Which is why even when communication fails, it doesnt. There is something to understand about how communication is blocked within, something a piece of me rejects for some reason. Although a message I got last night ran, "The only way to win, is not to go to war. Especially with yourself." Quite appropriate here. I really am glad you started this thread.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Interesting point, and true.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I look forward to your reflection, please take all your time.

I want you to know that I am here so that we may both further understand what we are trying to understand.

On a closing note, and it will most likely be fully comprehended by the time we're done discussing if we don't give up in frustration and blame; the only miscomprehension comes from the misuse of language because the language that we have constructed, or rather what it has morphed into through society becoming dumbed down, no longer reflects a unity with the universal elements and forces, that which we are.

Communication is opening your eyes and seeing the computer screen, touching a hot pan, throwing a snow ball, or photons from the sun reaching the Earth's atmosphere... language is what we use to represent these expressions in symbols, sounds, movements, vibrations, visions, touch or feel, you see, because we are the universe and we communicate in the same way with each other that it does with us. Us communicating with each other is the universe communicating with itself. We all speak the same language we merely either write it differently or express it differently through tongue... but it's all the same expression, we're all saying the same things, seeing the same things, and experiencing the same thing, some of us just a little more intricate and illustrious than others.

I have another thread up, but I'll add it here too: even those of us that speak different "dialects, different languages", for example; Chinese and English.... are really no different... they're both saying the same things with observably varying symbols and vocal noises... which we could just diagnose as synonyms of the same expression and language, universal language, and nothing more.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

That's very profound. We really DO speak the same language. I find that this little fact often gets lost in the mountain of words thrown at one another.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When I read the title of this post the first thing I thought of was my e-mail signature -

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
My apologies for the incomplete post. Not only new to ATS also new to posting
The sig on my e-mail is from Shakespere "Our remedies oft in ourself does lie" to which I add- You have to be brave enough to go there not to mention strong enough to get back!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Book of Thoth

"Know, O man, that Light is thine heritage.
Know that darkness is only a veil.
Sealed in thine heart is brightness eternal,
waiting the moment of freedom to conquer,
waiting to rend the veil of the night."

"Know ye, O man, whatever from ye inhabit,
surely it is one with the stars.

Thy bodies are nothing but planets revolving
around their central suns. "

Despite what you may believe about the origins of these words, they are laid out before you to do with what you please. Once the words have been read, knowledge is gained, through understanding of knowledge is insight gained, from expanding this insight is wisdom found.

These quotes are allegedly written by Thoth about 36,000 years ago, shortly after the destruction of Atlantis. I am telling you this now so you don't start reading it and become irritated over the supposed origins of this wisdom. Keep this information in your mind, but try not to let it affect the wisdom that this trys to impart. Everyone who reads it will read it differently, it must be read many times as your perceptions change constantly and through profound change, the understanding gained from this writing changes, ever changing as the ALL itself, aswell as the perceptions thereof.

Read it from Chapter 1 right through, I could tell you what I got from it but this would be pointless, the understanding has to come from you, It would take me centuries to explain my perception of the world and how I came to this perspective. Everytime you feel your perceptions have changed profoundly, try reading this again, you will see what I mean.

www.crystalinks.com...

Please, read without prejudice, as the source leaves the words with no less meaning.

thanks. EMM

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Despite what you may believe about the origins of these words,

thats an interesting choice of words

however

belief isn't neccesary in this case as the words were allegedly channeled by Claude Doggins (not Thoth then) back in the 50s. This is a known and established fact
www.answers.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by legionromanes

The words were chosen so people wouldn't dismiss it without a thought and despite the fact that I was outlining the supposed origin of the words and not the 'channeler' (which he didn't by the way) I see no mention on that page of him 'channeling' the Emerald tablets of Thoth.

"PREFACE to the original

The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.

He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops. (See The Great Pyramid by Doreal.) In it he incorporated his knowledge of the ancient wisdom and also securely secreted records and instruments of ancient Atlantis."

Doreal was supposedly told to recover the tablets and return them to the great pyramid, but to make a copy before 'returning' them, these are the translations.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... enjoy!!

thanks. EMM

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I think it should be taken in to consideration that judgement about one another is not on the pathway to higher consciousness - it is better to look and accept that what is another person is also in yourself. Like the proverb goes, I am another you. Like with everything in life there are always two opposing sides - in the case of the soul there is a dark and light side - this should be accepted if it be overcome - once accepted you may find that the issue no longer bothers you - you take pity on the souls who walk with anger or hate but encourage them to recognise this in themselves - once recognised the dark side often resolves in to a combination of the dark and light and adds to the colours of the spectrum inbetween. Although hate and bitterness and fear are not good on a consistent basis it is required that you ride the tide of destruction that this brings so a rebirth of your soul can take place - accepting that you have a dark side and turning its use in a wider understanding of your fellow human and use it for the good of man, earth and the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join