It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter's Inner Sun? NASA Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I stumbled upon these two NASA images today, and I'm having trouble explaining it. The only explanation I can give was that the hollow earth theory must apply to Jupiter. Please check out these images and share your thoughts.
Image 1
Image 2

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It looks like the white center of a storm on Jupiter. I dunno what the other part of thie first movie is. Looks like a camera artifact.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I would have said that, but you know when you have a camera and you point it towards the sun and you get that little black spot? That black spot is in the video clips as well. It comes and goes but the light source is directly in the center of the planet and everything else seems to be travelling around it in a perfect circle.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
those videos are interesting. I will have to try to track down the Saturn hexagon pole. Maybe its Uranaus. The interesting thing is that the rotation is completely reversed on each side of the rotating hexagon cloud. FASCINATING data emerging.

here is the Saturn hexagon:

[edit on 1-2-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I believe the current line of thinking is that Jupiters core is composed of metallic hydrogen.

I have not been exposed to enough info on this strange state to fully understand and conceptualize what that would mean. However, i would suppose that such high levels of pressure would cause some level of light emission.

However, i don't believe that there is even proof of the existance of metallic hydrogen.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I never get a black spot with my cam. Plus, this is a different time of camera than a retail cam. Unless I miss my guess, since this is taken in space, then the camera will be compensating for a white balance off of the lightest part of the picture, and if a part of it is lighter, it'll read that and could cause a problem.
Aside from that, Jupiter is a gas planet. If there was a sun in the center of it, even providing that it was possible for a sun to be small enough in the first place to form in Jupiter, and for it to not pull all of Jupiter's matter into itself, then the gases around Jupiter would have been burnt off.
Seriously, stars and suns are really fricken huge. Big, really, really big. The red spot on
Jupiter can contain two or three Earths. Just the Spot itself, and the Sun is bigger than Jupiter. It's not even a particularly big solar body, but they don't get much smaller. Unless it's a old, dead star, incredibly super dense.
So please keep that in mind, Stars or suns are much, much, MUCh greater in size than a planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Amazing photos!

Thanks for the thread. It seems to be the core of the planet, but it doesn't look like a 'gas giant' to me...More like a rocky core with a huge atmosphere surrounding it.

Maybe there's land there after all?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
However, i don't believe that there is even proof of the existance of metallic hydrogen.

There is proof for it's existence. They created a form of it in 1996.

Livermore Scientists Achieve Metallic Hydrogen

The first confirmed formation of a metallic state of hydrogen was announced at the March Meeting by scientists at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Metalic hydrogen was achieved in a sample of fluid hydrogen, using a two-stage gas gun to create enormous shock pressure on a target containing liquid hydrogen cooled to 20K. Future experiments will be aimed at learning more about the dependence of metallization pressure on temperatures achieved in liquid hydrogen, which is vital for laboratory applications.

What we don't have is proof that it exists in the core of Jupiter.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yeah, i was straining my memory to recall an article from Discover or Omni from back in the 1995ish time frame. I really don't keep up with that sort of thing too much, and hadn't seen much of an update.

Thanks for helping to deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
OK...so after reading the premise of the OP, and bouncing this around in my head for awhile, it seems that i have read an article that is strangely related to this concept.

Let me preface by saying to Rune Spider that, while those statements may reflect what is taught in your everyday childrens classroom, out on the cutting edge of physics there are real people working through some groundbreaking theory. The "Electric Sun" thread that is active right now is one such example.

I am a fairly big proponent of the Plasma Cosmology school of thought, and frequent Thunderbolts website for quick insights. One of the articles there deals with something very similar to this:

Saturn, the primeval Sun

There is no mystery as to the present astronomical associations of these figures. But more archaic traditions, coming from many and diverse cultures, identify the great "sun" gods with the motionless center of heaven, the celestial pole. They speak of a primeval sun, an exemplary or "best" sun, ruling before the present sun. The god's station was the summit of the world axis, from which he ultimately fell in a heaven-altering catastrophe. Perhaps the best known story is the Greek account of Kronos, founder of the Golden Age, eventually driven from his seat at the top of the world by his son Zeus.

To what body did these strange traditions refer? Today we take for granted that the ancient words we translate as "helios" and "sol" originated as references to the Sun that illuminates our every day. In many languages the words for this axial figure did indeed become the words for the Sun. But the later identity could not obscure the more archaic idea--of a former, stationary light at the pole, whose every feature defies any identification with the Sun in our sky today.

As strange as it may seem, early astronomical traditions identify the "primeval sun" as the planet Saturn, the distant planet which the alchemists called the "best sun" and which the Babylonians, the founders of astronomy, identified as the exemplary light of heaven, the "sun"-god Shamash. ("Shamash is the planet Saturn", the astronomical texts say.) In archaic copies of Plato's Timaeus, the word for the planet Saturn is Helios, the "sun" god. Popular Greek traditions identified Saturn as Kronos, alter ego of Helios, and Kronos is said to have ruled "over the pole". But only a handful of scholars have bothered to trace the parallel referents in other cultures, or to address the unanswered questions.

Honestly, it is very easy to dismiss such ideas without further thought, due to our perception of stasis in our local environment. However, i would remind you that Mars didn't get a HUGE gouge from our local system being stable and static.

This is a very interesting idea. And one that makes Project Lucifer seem a little more possible (as unnerving as that might be).

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I stumbled upon these two NASA images today, and I'm having trouble explaining it. The only explanation I can give was that the hollow earth theory must apply to Jupiter. Please check out these images and share your thoughts.
Image 1
Image 2

The black dot you see is probably the "eye" of a vortex, like the eye of a Hurricane. The glow you see at the center is most probably an Aurora Borealis since this is located at the pole.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
The black dot you see is probably the "eye" of a vortex, like the eye of a Hurricane. The glow you see at the center is most probably an Aurora Borealis since this is located at the pole.

I believe the black dot was actually added by NASA. I've seen these images before and remember reading that was the case, although I could be wrong.

These images are also easily explained by Plasma Cosmology. Not so for the mainstream.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

This is what Jupiter's Aurora looks like:

This is earth's:

With the aurora of either planet, I do not see a centralized source of light, it is more of a large circle.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
those videos are interesting. I will have to try to track down the Saturn hexagon pole. Maybe its Uranaus. The interesting thing is that the rotation is completely reversed on each side of the rotating hexagon cloud. FASCINATING data emerging.

here is the Saturn hexagon:

[edit on 1-2-2008 by stikkinikki]

Fixed.

Just put the code not the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Jupiter wants to be a sun. It sounds like a joke, but I heard the Illuminati want to ignite Jupiter. The goal being to have another star in the solar system.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It is a picture of the north (or south) pole. When the wind blows that fast, a hexagon is formed. We also see this on Saturn and on Earth in hurricanes. We can also recreate it using liquid and spinning it at the right speed. Just fluid dynamics, but really cool to be seen on planets like that.

Jupiter cannot be 'ignited' into a sun. The other elements on the planet stop it. The second (the very second) a start begins to deal with Iron (or heavier) it goes boom. Jupiter has too many heavy elements to begin a process like that. Shame, because that would be a sight to behold in the sky.

Jupiter still gives off more energy that it receives from the Sun. While we are guessing what is at the core, there might be a mini-nuclear furnace churning away in there and just the atmosphere is "dirty".

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Visualizing Jupiter from the pole reminds me of a hyperdimensional 4th dimension. Enter into the vortex of Jupiter and you enter into the 4th dimension. The outer shell of Jupiter we see in the 3rd dimension and inside is the 4th dimension. It is like entering into a mini black hole where on the otherside spectrumed light bends into a 4th dimensional shift. Rik Riley

[edit on 4-2-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

That sounds like a promising plot for a sci-fi show. And to enter the vortex, you must tune the shield harmonics to the frequency encoded within the rings of Saturn, as though the rings are a giant vinyl disc. Dun DUN-DUN!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That black dot, tha appered, could possibly be a cloud opening, thats all. Or, could jsut be missing camera info. Some of the pictures of the outer planets, form Voyager, Galileo, even Cassini, had small or huge black spots, which were whats called... missing info... the camera did not pick up or transer the images.
JUpiter, rotates in about 9 hours 57 minutes. Satrun in aout 10 hours 57 minutes... thas fast. IN fact, if jupiter were 7 times larger, its theorized, it owul have ignited to become a 2nd sun, in our solar system, Mostly because, its composed of hydrogen. When Jupiter and staurn spin on thier axis, the planets actually 'bulge' at the equator, due to the forces from fast rotation. On jupiter, the storms in it atmosphere, are more violent near its center, and south of center. saturn, seesm to be more in the north of equator. In satruns case, i tend to belive, that hexagon may also be contributed, to its magnetic field and rotation,a nd maybe some effect, form tidal forces.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hm, from the looks of it and what I see, the "eye" in the middle of jupiter's pole in the second picture at one point destabilizes, which then seems to cause it to collapse. I don't think it's something added in from NASA to protect the camera from over exposure..

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

I think that Jupiter does in fact conduct more heat than the sun, for it's moons atleast.. but ask for jupiter having a sun inside it... I would be curious to see inside Jupiter period, but a sun? I think that's unlikely sad to say

<<   2 >>

join