It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul snubbed again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am watching the local news on the NBC affiliate here in town. They posed the question to Republican voters: "If the Republican Primary were today, how would you vote?" It showed McCain taking 55%, Mitt 30 or so %, Huck 7%, Paul 4%. They managed to touch a bit on each of these candidates....except for Ron Paul!!!!!!! why do they keep doing this to him? Is it because the elite are trying to commit a non-fatal political assassination against him or what? It is just so blatent it really gets under my skin.

Oh yeah, the Democratic posed question revealed Hillary taking it over Obama.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Paul snubbed again. I am watching the local news on the NBC affiliate here in town. They posed the question to Republican voters: "If the Republican Primary were today, how would you vote?" It showed McCain taking 55%, Mitt 30 or so %, Huck 7%, Paul 4%. They managed to touch a bit on each of these candidates .... except for Ron Paul!!!!!!! why do they keep doing this to him? Is it because the elite are trying to commit a non-fatal political assassination against him or what? It is just so blatant it really gets under my skin.

Here’s my take on Ron Paul. He is a nice guy. He is a smart guy. He alone of all candidates on both sides is having FUN. He knows he cannot win but occasionally he gets to remind the viewers of the REAL issues facing our country. He is not a Republican. He is a Libertarian. He runs on the Republican ticket in Texas to avoid confusing the voters in his district. They love his honesty and straight talk. He tells it like it is. (I disagree sharply with his proposed solutions, however).

The GOP lets him use the GOP label because he votes 100% with the GOP and he is a sure winner. I’m not certain how Libertarians differ from Republicans. As a Democrat, I see government as the solution to most of the problems facing America. Republicans begrudgingly accept some government, but Libertarians want next to no government at all. That is just plainly unrealistic if not unreasonable.

Voters cannot stand to hear the truth. I give you Michigan. McCain told the Michiganders that the 100s of 1000s of auto industry jobs lost over the last 3 decades are NOT coming back. He volunteered to do more to help the laid off auto workers re-train and relocate. Romney OTOH promised to “revitalize the auto industry and to BRING BACK those jobs! He offered the Michiganders $20 b. out of the US Treasury. A presidential earmark? Which sum is a mere drop in the bucket if we really meant to put GM back in front of Toyota and keep Ford out of bankruptcy. The voters lapped it up! “Don’t tell us the truth if it hurts, tell us a lie if It makes us feel good!” Come quick sweet Jesus!

No politician can tell the truth to the voters and have any chance of winning any election. Federal, state or local. That’s why I offer we have TOO much democracy in America. It’s killing us. What worked when a horse was the fastest means of travel - 1789 - is way out of sync when we can fly across the continent in less than 6 hours. 2008. We are tying our hands behind our back at the very moment we need more freedom of operation and much shorter response times.

We need to trade in our bicameral national legislature - House and Senate - for a unicameral legislature as we had under the Articles of Confederation. Example: The House has passed a $141 b. quick fix for the economy. The Senate has passed a $154 b. quick fix. We must wait one or two weeks (or longer) for the two bills to be “reconciled.” This when we are in a hurry and everyone agrees - ALMOST. The 2 chamber legislature is a luxury we can no longer afford. Also, while we're at it, we need to increase the House term from 2 years to 4 years. And etc.

[edit on 2/2/2008 by donwhite]

join