It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Cult to Picket NAS Corpus Christi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Cult to Picket NAS Corpus Christi

www.freerepublic.com

Homophobic Church Group to Picket Navy Air Station

Members of a radical Kansas church who say God punished three Navy officers killed in the recent helicopter crash are planning to picket outside Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi.

Members of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church believe God punished the officers because of the sins of the nation.

Picketing is set to start at noon Saturday at the main gate at SPID and NAS Drive in Flour Bluff.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mysanantonio.com

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is so wrong on so many levels. I refuse to call these people a church or Christians since by their very actions they are the antithesis of Christianity.

This is the same group of idiots that target the funerals of fallen military men and women.

Due to the expected disruption of traffic, the base will be opening the back gate tomorrow for those who work week-ends. I hope it rains like crazy all day long.

www.freerepublic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
thse people are such scum----i just learned about them in an ats thread earlier this week

watch these 2 link to you tube

the first----shows how disgusting they are
www.youtube.com...

the second----getting exactly what they deserve as they high tail it out of a rally before being lynched by a mob!!!
www.youtube.com...

i hope they get arrested or chased out of there

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I ususally try to see all sides of an issue, and try to leave judgement up to God. But these people should be shot. One by one, so they have to watch eachother die. Scum.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I hope it rains like crazy all day long.

Yes, and along with that rain, a few well-placed lightning strikes.

[edit on 2/2/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I just went by this morning, and WOW! There motorcyclists lining the road side by side going down the whole way! And more are coming! This thing has barely started yet! The SWAT team is on base getting ready, and more police/SWAT are heading onto the base! There are also groups beginning to organize over at HEB (A grocery store chain in Texas), and it's barely begun! I hear that at the local high school there are hundreds of students joining in also at HEB to peacefully protest.

This was the absolute worst place to come to for these freaks! I'm guessing it will get out of hand and will be on the National news tonight, so tune in everyone!

Westboro picked the wrong place...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hi Blue: Thanks for the eyewitness report. Corpus Christi is a BIG military town, IIRC. Oh boy, did the Westboro group choose a bad place to picket. Maybe they will get arrested for inciting a riot.
Keep us posted, OK, Blue? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hi Blue
Thanks for the update. I'd go down there myself, but I hate SPID on the week-ends. Traffic is going to be a nightmare down there anyway. Good thing the north gate is open for CCAD and others who are working today. Keep us informed if you go back to the bluff.

Was hoping for rain, but skies look too clear for that. Alot of the guys I talked to are getting involved with the bikers rallying in support of our troops. I'll get many eyewitness accounts Monday night, I'm sure.

I would love to see the WBC run out on a rail.

Don't Mess With Texas!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Who let the dogs out?

These people need to research Fox's Book of Martyrs and take some notes as to why the early Christians were and are, at present being killed. They would quickly see that none of the previous Christians nor present day Christians have been killed because they went about carrying out hate filled protest such as this group has and is doing.

All I know, if you are filled with that much hate and condemnation, it is a good sign that someone needs to check into the personal life of this family. They would probably find some disturbing, behind the doors things going on between them. Condemnation of others is usually the red flag. Those who condemn, do so because they are condemned by something they have done or, is an ongoing issue in their life. The latter is usually the case.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i wonder if any other christian fanatics will turn up and smite them in the name of God?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue8844

The city should bill them for all that security! You taxpayers out there should raise hell.

They were here in Reno too.

news.rgj.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
This is so wrong on so many levels. I refuse to call these people a church or Christians since by their very actions they are the antithesis of Christianity.

This isn't what Cristianity is about. One its not our place to judge anyone.

Darkelf you hit the nail on the head. This group is not a church nor are they Christians. I'm gonna bring this up tommorrow night for the cult study our church is having.

I do feel however that we're in trouble because the way the world is now. And God will have the final say in it. But saying God hates America and God hates the gays. Then that is wrong. God hates sin but He loves us no matter what we do.

Why they pose as a Baptist Church is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Probably not since most Christian fanatics (KKK, Neo Nazi Skin Heads, etc) have the same mindset and are driven to the core with hate and condemnation. On the other hand, there is an open field of people out there and it only takes just one person to come unglued and try something in retaliation based on anger!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

hmmmm but most groups don`t go round chanting ` God hates you , the army are gay scum` do they.

[edit on 2/2/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

i always wanted to know
why the fudge do these people live in the US if they hate it so much?
they preach Hate towards their home land and in return expect to be protected by the same people they condem to HELL.

why not leave and preach some place else?
i wouldnt be supprised if someone drove by with a m4 or other automatic rifle and blow some new holes in them

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh boy, should the Military ever declare martial law, it'll be a cold day in hell for these guys.

I can see it now "Military Genocides All Members of Westboro Baptist Church, Martial Law Over!"

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes thanks much for the update on the Phelps family... I have been following these people for many years now.. I have read all the material I could get my hands on.. To try to understand them more deeply..
There is much to this family, and to deny ignorance in this matter is not easy to do.. Its very easy to get wrapped up in what they what you to feel.. Dont let them control the way you feel..
They are masters of controling the way you react.. Suprise yourself and them by deny'ing them of that feeling

Thanks agin OP.. There is much to learn from these fools.

A thread to help you better understand the Phelps family

I myself was pitted into angry feelings, and feelings of negtive actions..
I finally learned that they expect it.. They want it.. THEY NEED IT!

[edit on 2-2-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How is what they do not a hate crime? I don't see why they can't be prosecuted using that legislation. Or assault? Or at least harrassment.

.Assault is an act that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent, harmful, or offensive contact. The act consists of a threat of harm accompanied by an apparent, present ability to carry out the threat.

Hate crimes are crimes committed because of the victim's race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected status. The federal government, most states, and many localities have enacted laws or regulations to define such acts as separate crimes in themselves or to augment penalties for existing crimes when motivated by hatred or bias. Because definitions vary across jurisdictions, acts as disparate as lynching, assault while calling the victim derogatory names, cross burning, or making intimidating threats on the basis of the victim's race or other protected status might be considered hate crimes. Whatever the definition, statistics show that incidences of hate crime were on the rise in the late twentieth century.

Harassment: the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What a scum people, their belives are idiotic. Check out this one hour document about them:

video.google.com... 0&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Quite entertaining, just word of a warning. They are so awful people, that it makes your blood boil.

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
yeah they never showed up today...im sure the over 300 biker's in their various groups including those like the "bandidos" a biker group you do not want to mess with were among those who attended. it was an amazing sight that made me proud of my country. there were probably over 2000 people each with a flag flown high in honor of those fallen and in protest of those trying to dishonor the service these men have given us. I think the WBC may have seen several signs on the way down that read "Dont mess with Texas!" and realized what those signs really meant when they arrived at the gate. Realizing this they tucked tail and ran as quickly as possible knowing they didnt stand a chance. thanks guys for your support and realization that this is in fact not a chruch but a cult. God bless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join