It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chomsky: US acts like Nazi Germany

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Peace, yes its a well used trick, get the people to spy on the people, well it seems the right thing to do is it not or is it. I thought we had a police force for solving crime, and its funny the way they get us to spy on each other but not them, not the politicians, the rich and the powerful, no they are out of reach and not by accident, and thery have their police force to protect them dont they just in case we may get too close.

I dont know whos's going to be the next Fascist state us or America but we are both showing the symptems of it.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by US Monitor

Are you really that blind?

Have you not been paying attention to anything?

The Mainstream media have played most of these stories...

Do the research yourself this time around. You may change your government loving opinion.

So in other words you can't really support any of these bogus claims so instead you want me to try and find evidence supporting an arguement I question? Ok

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Us Monitor, you may well be right you may not have seen any personal changes, but that does not m,aean that things have not changed or will in the future. You can either investigate these matters or you can convince yourself all is well, its a choice.

And as for soldiers dying in Iraq and elsewhere why are they dying why are they even there, have you asked youself that, did Iraq attack America no, did Afganistan no, so why are we there, if you look at the bigger picture and Americas global ambitions all will become much clearer.

Tell me, where was OBL located after 9/11? Who supported him? The war in Afghanistan is a legit war. I do not agree with the Iraq war, but the war against the Taliban and AQ is legit.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
US, Alqida were brought into being by the US, and we dont even now if OBL exists or was even part of that group perhaps tyou would think it perfectly normal if Afaganis bombed the US in retaliation to all the innocents who have died who are not at war with the US.

Thats your mentallity is it, if a perp hides in a particular country its ok to bomb it is it, perhaps we should have nuked New York because of all those IRA supporters, no doubt you would agree with that yes.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

If they are the same, then Bush is no Hitler equivalent when he talks about Islam is a religion of peace.
I don't see millions of Muslim Americans being sent to death camps. This ain't like the movie The Siege starring Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington.

All I hear from the President is people who are hijacking the religion for their own purposes. Not blaming on people who are just Muslims.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Delta, and what about Jewish and Catholic extremists or do you only see Muslim extremists.

And just wait, it wont be long before Hitler Bush or his replacement starts doing a good impression of Hitler, or Moa, or Stalin Lennin, Polpot, Saddam Insane, and the rest of the gang. The way it works is the rich and powerful, Bankers etc. get the nut jobs to do the dirty work for them and when the slaughters over they get the blame and not those who planned and financed it.

Not one war can be fought without the backing of the Bankers, find out who they are and then you will now who prosecutes war.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I see them as the same thing. People who bombed abortion clinics are terrorists as well. Eric Rudolph, same thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor

Originally posted by Elijio
reply to post by deltaboy

Replace Jews with Muslims...
I won't say they are the same(US and Nazi Germany), but there are some similarities imo.

Really? Show me anywhere in the US where Muslims are being rounded up, blamed for all of the problems in the US and are being held in concentration camps? I am sure that my manager who is muslim would like to know where to avoid living.

What? You have missed how Muslims have been labeled as terrorists and demeaned in the media since 9/11? How they are seen as the enemy? Do not take everything so literally. The Jews were used symbolically by Hitler just as the Muslims are being used symbolically by the current administration....to represent the enemy. This is why the American people are allowing this administration to get away with the crimes that they are committing, especially against the Iraqi's. They see them as "insurgents" not Iraqi men women and children. This is why reports from Iraq always label the Iraqi bad guys/freedom fighters as "insurgents" so no one will care that they were killed. When a people's humanity is not acknowledged, atrocities always follow. When Blacks were seen as "slaves" the horrible treatment they endured didn't bother most Whites. When they started recognizing that these were people that they were doing this to....it ended. Looking back we might wonder how it could have happened in the first place but the answer is simple they were seen/perceived as something that negated their humanity. Do you understand?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
US, Alqida were brought into being by the US, and we dont even now if OBL exists or was even part of that group perhaps tyou would think it perfectly normal if Afaganis bombed the US in retaliation to all the innocents who have died who are not at war with the US.

Thats your mentallity is it, if a perp hides in a particular country its ok to bomb it is it, perhaps we should have nuked New York because of all those IRA supporters, no doubt you would agree with that yes.

First off I don't understand what the hell you are trying to type. Slow down and try to make yourself a bit more clear. Geez!

So now the US created AQ? No they created a resistance force to fight the Soviets who invaded Afghanistan, or did you forget that very important detail? Second, OBL does exist, or do you think he is just a made up person?

Now tell me all about how AQ wasn't being backed by the Taliban, you know the Govt. that was in charge of Afghanistan. That they didn't have camps there right? That they didn't have the full support of the Afghan govt. right?

Keep on with the strawman arguments when you can't actually keep on topic.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

Really? I better be careful then when I goto lunch with my manager. I may be on some Govt. terror list cause I have lunch with multiple muslims everyday.

Now be so kind as to point me in the direction of all those detainment camps where muslims are being rounded up and held in here in the US.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Wait..what? Where did I say anything about concentration camps in the US?
Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster...Also, are you incapable of understanding that I am presenting to you a viewpoint that I do not agree with? Do not ask me if you're on a watch-list or not, ask the ones responsible for such matters, I am not the one who has something against Muslims, ok? Do You Understand Now?

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Elijio]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I looked up the original article in the Daily Free Press for a bit more clarity on what Chomsky was actually trying to say - I found none and seemingly neither did his audience.

media.www.dailyfreepress.com...

Audience responses, while animated, sometimes drew disagreement. Some attendees said Chomsky's presentation confused them because of awkward comparisons and lapses in chronology.

I am not really quite sure what Chomsky is, or what Chomsky thinks he is, but either way he is not helping the situation, just throwing more confusion into the pit (obviously, in my opinion). And yet we find comments like this;

Kim Foltz, executive director of Bikes Not Bombs, the peace-activism group that sponsored the lecture, said the group supports Chomsky's provocative political outlook.

"This is a week of protest as the world economic elite gathers in Switzerland to further manipulate the global markets," she said. "Professor Chomsky, the greatest intellectual in the nation right now, is dead on in his assessments."

and

He was right about Vietnam, and he's right about Iraq," he said. "The man is a prophet in his own right."

I doubt very much that even Chomsky would agree with these comments, in fact judging by these comments I don't think that Chomsky is the problem. It is our expectations that manna falls from his mouth and his pen that is the problem. He is a linguist, he is a political activist, he is not a political or economic expert. He is sharing his opinion and nothing else. No different from the rest of us, he doesn't need a pedestal, nor does he deserve one and I would hazard that neither does he want one. He adds to the debate, he should not set the agenda.

Look at this thread, how does a story on US foreign policy descend to a debate on when the US will become fascist. The US already is, to all intents and purposes fascist. Business and government are fundamentally inseperable. The Nazis lost the war, fascism did not.

What Chomsky attempts to do is draw a comparative between the Nuremberg Trials and the actions of the Nixon, Reagan and Bush administrations. Think carefully about what he is saying....at the Nuremberg trials, the US representative Robert Jackson took an almost puritanical approach to the prosecution of the major war criminals (Goering et al), insisting, against the recommendation of France, Russia and Britain, to prosecute the charge of 'Waging Agressive War'. Men were executed on this charge.

Now consider what Chomsky says...

"Reagan was a thug and a coward," he said. "He managed to physically diminish a democratically-elected government and throw a nation into civil chaos for well over a decade . . . because the Sandinistas didn't back U.S. trade policies."

Chomsky is quite clearly in my opinion making a very valid observation about how far the US has come from Nuremberg and how far its morality has sunk. He has a very astute mind and excellent skills of observation, but he is not a public speaker or rather it seems that he is not a good one. And because of that he leaves an audience confused, they go away simply as having listened to Chomsky speak, but they haven't understood. To his audience he is a celebrity, end of story.

Whatever his intentions his effort is wasted and probably caused more harm than good.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I think that, if you replace Democracy with "the illusion of Democracy", you'd be right on the money.

Naah.

The United States of America isn't a democracy, it's a republic. It's always been a republic. It'll always be a republic.

Unless, of course, the democrats and liberals have their way. THEN you'd be seeing a nazi regime!

Until then ... we're a republic. The Republicans and the Conservatives see to that. They are truly the keepers of the flame.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Chomsky? Are we still listening to this neo-con pigeon? His MO is to make the educated bleeding hearts feel as if they have a say.We need to forget about this man.He is there to confuse the issue.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by skinnyblaze

Who knows? Maybe he really believes all of that tripe that he preaches. I certainly hope that he doesn't, but I can't guarantee that.

As far as being a Republic, we used to be one. We stopped being one when corporations began doing all of the electing for us. They "sponsor" all of these candidates for their respective positions, with the unheard twist that the people that they "sponsor" become their pawns in a grander scheme.

I hope no one thought that they just got money, and had to give nothing back. Those that give out political contributions to candidates do so with the intent of getting something back later, typically in the form of some legislation in their favor. Now, can I provide a good example of this? Not right off the top of my head, no. But it's the only way to explain why so many Americans are so disenfranchised with the whole Government right now.

We're on the brink of a change of the most abrupt kind. It should be interesting to see how it all shakes out though.

I watch with baited breath,

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
acts like in the sense that both a speeding motorist and a child murderer have broken the law, but in actual reality, they are not remotely similar (even though I oppose much of the attacks on our personal freedom)

Pity chomsky couldn't reference Stalin, Mao, Pot etc as well, wonder why.............

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
News?
where ?
The nazis never lost they just moved operations to the US
what´s the surprise here .. LOL
4th Reich USA

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by goatboy
News?
where ?
The nazis never lost they just moved operations to the US
what´s the surprise here .. LOL
4th Reich USA

friggin hell, considering the relative economic and social influence/status of the USA jewish community, they sure seem to have lost their touch in the move

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
LOL
but you dont understand ...
The BIG jewish families helped to errase the jews in germany ...dont you know ..
Rothschilds payed for it ..
All in good faith working towards a Jewish state ..the end goal was finally realised wasnt it ...? State of Israel
So a few million collateral damage was seen as a fair price ! Read up on it ...and dont take you History School books
They are written by the winners ..and is nothing else then sanitised gloryfied propaganda and not historic fact!

[edit on 7-2-2008 by goatboy]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by goatboy
LOL
but you dont understand ...
The BIG jewish families helped to errase the jews in germany ...dont you know ..
Rothschilds payed for it ..
All in good faith working towards a Jewish state ..the end goal was finally realised wasnt it ...? State of Israel
So a few million collateral damage was seen as a fair price ! Read up on it ...and dont take you History School books
They are written by the winners ..and is nothing else then sanitised gloryfied propaganda and not historic fact!

[edit on 7-2-2008 by goatboy]

yeah yeah, with these powerful modern day US nazis allegedly running things, I trump you with Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join