It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chomsky: US acts like Nazi Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

And now we have Islamic terrorists who are the 'devil incarnate' that we are fighting 'over there' so they don't get us here.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Justifiable genocide...

A new breed of boogeyman, we just can't ever catch him. He's too scary.

[edit on 2/1/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Bunch,

Considering that none of this would be happening if we hadn't invaded, you're only making Chomsky's point for him

To think that is to think that radical muslim extremist showed up just because the Iraq WAR, when in all reality it dates back for more than 50 years.

The Iraq War didnt create terrorism it just gave them a new playground do they can keep killing innocent people. JUST WHAT THEY LIKE TO DO.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It didn't create Islamic extremists, but it "gave them a new playground" as you point out, not to mention a gave them great recruiting campaign on the news every night.

It was a terrible mistake, and one we'll be paying for for decades.

It hasn't weakened Islamic extremists, but made them far stronger.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Chomsky once again shows how stupid he is and I can't believe anyone even listens to that moron.

He forgets that it was North Korea that invaded South Korea and the UN (which as we all know when the UN sends in any military force it all comes down to the US doing all the work) came to their defense and rightly so.

Vietnam was a bad decision and should've been avoided. We should have helped Ho Chi Minh when he came to us for help to pressure France to get out, but for some idiotic reason we chose to help our "ally" and turn down Ho Chi who then turned to the Soviets for help.

Desert Storm was the right choice. Gulf War II was stupid and bad mistake.

Iran? Ha! We caused a problem in 53, then they got back at us in 79. Since then, iran has been very vocal about calling the US the Great Satan and chanting death to America and even put that on missiles on display. Then they cry like babies when Bush calls them part of an axis of Evil.

As for Nazi Germany, that comparison is so stupid that anyone with an inkling of gray matter in their head knows that their is no comparison.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Agreed.

What I was pointing out was Chomsky's remarks about the brutal way that the U.S. forces in the AOR treat Iraqis citizens.

Although the terrorist in Iraq are there as a direct result of the U.S. led invasion that dont mean that they didnt exist, blaming the U.S. for what the terrorist do is ignorant. Is like me saying that WW2 happen because the British and later the U.S. decided to fight back.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Let me try to sum things up for myself in a quick post.

Fascism is basically when corps own the government (may also lead to a plutocracy).

Communism is when the government allows monopolies.

Fascism doesn't like communism for some reason.

Communism doesn't care about Fascism b/c they have the monopoly.

But in the U.S. we have a mix of communism and fascism going on.

There is a monopoly on public schools and markets for example.

But there is also a blatant amount of fascism as well.

So does this create a new form of government?

To sum this up, the US is a mix of communism, fascism, and Democracy, but when you look at the whole seen isn't the whole world the same way?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
For the whole jews comparision, this government is doing the same thing. Hitler was only a eugenicist with jews and other ethnicities, but this government is exterminating every type of humans, by vaccines, bad education, TV, fast food, fluoride in the water, chemtrails... there's a war against the average american everyday, but it's a slow war, it still works, autism is growing like never before, people worship money, teen full hormones become ``adult`` much more early, ect... it's not yet to extermination camps, but if there's a world wide dictatorship, they will release bioagents and spread them over cities.

The Egyptian Flu in 05 was a bioweapon... it was a test. In PNAC they talk about using race specific bioweapons...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I thought the Nazi! "slur" was just used to stifle anti-Left debate?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't use the opinion of someone as..."Leftist" as Noam Chomsky to ascertain whether a nation/person was a "Nazi" (or following Nazistic doctrine), or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The Egyptian Flu in 05 was a bioweapon... it was a test. In PNAC they talk about using race specific bioweapons...

Would you mind backing up that sort of claim with some fatcs?

And please dont take it as an attack, is just that me and maybe other members are not as familiar with PNAC as many others are, plus it is a very big claim on your part.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
One tires of hearing the Nazi Germany canard over and over again. There are no well built highways, no inexpensive automobiles, no favorable housing, and no generally available well paying jobs in the United States.

Social commentators talked about those things concerning the Nazi Germany "miracle," until the entire country turned to war. Antisemitism was all outlined in Mein Kampf, one cannot say that the United States has any comparable policy, but rather being accommodative to well represented Jewish people.

Making historical comparisons seems to be an aphasia of choosing the more simple words in describing where we stand today independent of other historic contexts that are no longer operating.

No, only certain portions of the comparison are valid, but existing in any number of other countries. Face it the real question is freedom versus tyranny, and when there is tyranny you need no comparative analysis of it. That is what governments do, and that freedom throughout history is a rare event. It is all the more necessary to preserve and protect it. The more general observation of existing conditions is all the more expedient, whereas that vigilance is the price of freedom.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

It's not fact, it's opinion - and in my view the opinion is wrong.

Of course there are some parallels, but you could say that about many governments - the difference is intent

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Why does some people fail to understand, that when comparing Nazi Germany to United States in few aspects, it doesn't mean that every other aspect has to be in comparison also. Even if United States is Nazi like in one way, it doesn't have to be that in the other way. Like:

Originally posted by deltaboy
If this is Nazi Germany equivalent, why do I still see Jews around me?

Nobody says that Nazi Germany and United States are equivalent, people just are beginning to see comparisons in those two. United States is on the path that has been walked previously - it would be now about a time to stray from that path.

What would Chomsky say for these people who are screaming: "See, we are no Nazi's, we don't kill jews!"? I think he would remark in the way that: "Look what you are doing to your arab and muslim citizen's. Do they feel secure in american society? I mean, there is a systematic defamation of Arabs and Muslims going on in United States..."

PS.

Originally posted by budski
It's not fact, it's opinion - and in my view the opinion is wrong.

As stated above, my opinion is that there are comparisons between Nazi Germany and United States. Not that I would say they're alike in every possible way. Please proceed.

Sorry for this editing, but I don't want to catch points and expand the thread all the time with new posts.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by budski

It's not harsh, it's reality and fact-ity. In 4rth Reich there no talk german, nein, we talk Germarica, ja! And there is 'fact-ity' a word!

That's your first post in this thread - no mention of opinion.
Your assertion was that it was fact -ity!

Have you now changed your view and are saying it's your opinion rather than a fact?

If your first post had said opinion, I would not have refuted it.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

OK OK, let me explain myself:

Chomsky compared US foreign policies to the conduct of Nazis within Germany

In my first post, I was referring to the similarities in foreign policies of those two. And that what I was trying to explain later, I failed tho
So here's another attempt, I hope it clarifies the original meaning of my post.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
To think that is to think that radical muslim extremist showed up just because the Iraq WAR, when in all reality it dates back for more than 50 years.

The Iraq War didnt create terrorism it just gave them a new playground do they can keep killing innocent people. JUST WHAT THEY LIKE TO DO.

First let me say I'm not anti-semittic, I'm anti-zionistic.

History 101 on ME and terrorism.

Some facts about how modern day terrorism was created.

Zionist Terrorist Menachem Begin Murdered 100 Arabs
In Cold Blood at Deir Yassin on April 9, 1948
Surprise: The World Tribunal Never Prosecuted Begin

Early in the morning of April 9, 1948, commandos of the Irgun (headed by Menachem Begin) and the Stern Gang attacked Deir Yassin, a village with about 750 Palestinian residents. The village lay outside of the area to be assigned by the United Nations to the Jewish State; it had a peaceful reputation. But it was located on high ground in the corridor between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, and according to Plan Dalet, it was to be destroyed and the residents evacuated.

In all over 100 men, women, and children were systematically murdered. Fifty three orphaned children were literally dumped along the wall of the Old City where they were found by Miss Hind Husseini and brought behind the American Colony Hotel to her home which was to become the Dar El-Tifl El-Arabi orphanage.

He was out early. Here's the attack that for the first time drew the world's attention to the term "Terrorism".

The Bombing of the King David Hotel

The King David Hotel was the site of the British military command and the British Criminal Investigation Division. The Irgun chose it as a target after British troops invaded the Jewish Agency June 29, 1946, and confiscated large quantities of documents. At about the same time, more than 2,500 Jews from all over Palestine were placed under arrest. The information about Jewish Agency operations, including intelligence activities in Arab countries, was taken to the King David Hotel.

(....)

Irgun leader Menachem Begin stressed his desire to avoid civilian casualties and said three telephone calls were placed, one to the hotel, another to the French Consulate, and a third to the Palestine Post, warning that explosives in the King David Hotel would soon be detonated.

On July 22, 1946, the calls were made. The call into the hotel was apparently received and ignored. Begin quotes one British official who supposedly refused to evacuate the building, saying: "We don't take orders from the Jews." As a result, when the bombs exploded, the casualty toll was high: a total of 91 killed and 45 injured. Among the casualties were 15 Jews. Few people in the hotel proper were injured by the blast.

(....)

For decades the British denied they had been warned. In 1979, however, a member of the British Parliament introduced evidence that the Irgun had indeed issued the warning. He offered the testimony of a British officer who heard other officers in the King David Hotel bar joking about a Zionist threat to the headquarters. The officer who overheard the conversation immediately left the hotel and survived.

See where the Palestinians got the idea from? ...and Osama
...and now the whole beehive of sects in Iraq.

Yeah, AMAZING! Isn't it.

Here is theLink to the story.

Note for younger members: Menachem Begin was later to become PM of Israel.

[edit on 2/2/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

actually, if you do more reading into us foriegn policy and americas past you'll see that they're infact far worse than the nazis. there's many links between current american political figures and the nazis, and several of them greatly supported them.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by tetragrammation]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

I think that, if you replace Democracy with "the illusion of Democracy", you'd be right on the money. The very fact is that our votes don't really count when the corporations own everything, do they? Cause if we sit down and really think about it, we're all just choosing between which of the crooks is the least crooked to begin with, and then electing them to an office that's full of experienced crooks, where they train them in the arts of being crooked.

Call it what you will, but I call it an Aristocratic Pseudo-Democracy.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

The terrorist attrocity commited at the bombing of that hotel is condemned around the world - and celebrated in Israel

[edit on 2/2/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by budski

OK OK, let me explain myself:

Chomsky compared US foreign policies to the conduct of Nazis within Germany

In my first post, I was referring to the similarities in foreign policies of those two. And that what I was trying to explain later, I failed tho
So here's another attempt, I hope it clarifies the original meaning of my post.

Read the quote from the article you posted.

Chomsky is comparing US foreign policy to Nazi internal policy.

edit: bold in quote aded by yanchek

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Replace Jews with Muslims...
I won't say they are the same(US and Nazi Germany), but there are some similarities imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join