It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do YOU know your blood type? Do YOU give blood?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've wanted to ask this for awhile.

Many people DON'T know their own blood type; let alone the many people who won't give blood for certain 'medical' or even 'religious' beliefs.

There are basically 4 main ABO Blood Types.

I've heard that type 'O' was deemed to be the universal blood type?

When a gunshot victim who has lost a significant amount of blood is rushed to the hospital, doctors must often give him or her a blood transfusion without knowing the appropriate blood type. Only one of the four blood types can safely be given to any patient, so type O, the universal blood type, is in high demand. Now researchers at a Massachusetts startup have found a way to make blood of any type acceptable to any patient by cleaving identifying sugars from the surface of red blood cells. The process is currently in human testing and could be available within five years.

SOURCE

Hmm...interesting...

Do you all know what your blood type is? What about your children?

In case there is somehow, a specific need for 'cross-relative' donorship, do you know if you are compatible?

I'm a 'B' Rh Positive...in case anyone needs a little medical leg-up from the ol' duckster?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
O positive here.
i gave blood a little more than a month ago and i am going to go back to the bank to give some more.
there is a shortage around here and i think it is a pretty cool thing to do. i am going to keep on giving as long as they are taking.

i have a little card in my wallet that says what type...it is pretty insane how many people have no idea what type they are......i bet more don't know than do know

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am also O+, and no I don't give blood because I hate needles that much, but I would give blood if some I loved needed some.

I believe O+ mixes with almost all blood types, and is a good blood type to donate.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Cool Boon!!!

You are a universal donor! You can pretty much give blood to Ducky, but ALAS.. I can't reciprocate. My blood would kill ya.

Good stuff Boon!!! lololol

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Exactly Jen! That's why they call Type 'O' Blood the Universal Blood.

I believe this is indigative of only Type O Positive. Is this correct folks?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
it makes me feel good to do it...nothing but a little bit of time on my end...
this way, i can help people but not have to deal with them.

strange how my blood will work for you but yours wouldn't work for mine

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I know hon. Tis the workings of the diversities of genetics. Sad but true.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have no clue what mine is. I did no but I have since forgotten.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Type O negative here. It's the one truely universal type. I used to give blood, but I can't now. I have to wait at least a year.

Edit to add: I believe that O positive can donate to only the Rh positive types.

[edit on 1/2/08 by secret titan]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

someone got a tattoo!!!!!
pics

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You got it! I do have a picture in this thread. It should be the last post.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
On a kinda side note:

Is it true the needle draws a bit of blood when you tat?

Watching it all happen, I see the inker always 'wiping' the tatted area alot. *PLUS* Does the tat leak blood a bit after the procedure is done?

~Courious Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
nice one....update me/us on the what, when, where on the next one you get.......

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I don't think the needle takes any blood out when you get one, but you do get some bleeding depending on the person. When the artist is doing the work, they wipe it a lot because they need to be able to see the lines of the tattoo so they can get it to turn out right. Not all the ink goes into your skin.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Boon you BRAT!!! lololol

So...what's the answer to my post above yers?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Did it hurt?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
On a kinda side note:

Is it true the needle draws a bit of blood when you tat?

Watching it all happen, I see the inker always 'wiping' the tatted area alot. *PLUS* Does the tat leak blood a bit after the procedure is done?

~Courious Ducky~

the needle does draw a bit of blood. more/less depending on where on the body it is and what size the piece is....i have had some done that didn't draw up any blood at all.
usually it just works it's way to the surface...not like a dripping thing...if it is dripping blood then something is amiss.

the artist wipes it a lot cause you do have a little but of blood, then the extra ink the tube spills out, plus the ointment that is on the skin...thats why they work from the bottom up....if you start at the top, by the time you get to the bottom your stencil will be gone...

as far as bleeding after the tattoo, a tad....maybe for the first 12 hours or so....if you put a medicated salve on there it will tend to 'leak' a bit.

i use medicated ointment for the first 24 hours or so and then it is just vaseline to keep it moist. mine don't leak after the first day.

have to remember, the needle is only going in your skin the half the width of a dime...it's not that far into the skin at all

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

I don't think the needle takes any blood out when you get one, but you do get some bleeding depending on the person.

the needleS don't 'take any blood out' but you are getting poked thousands of times...there is going to be a little blood. what is going on is the tube has some ink stored in it and when they run the needleS over your skin you are getting poked and then the tube deposits ink into the hole...that is how it works.

i put it 'needleS' cause it is more than one needle......
if you have some VERY fine line stuff going on, you might have been worked on with just ONE needle but i doubt it...the needles are soldered onto a needle bar via a jig.
most needle clusters are 3, 5, 6, 7

so, you have 3 needles soldered onto one bar so each time you get poked, you are getting poked 3 times....you use the 3's and 5's with outlines and the others with shading...

i have never had anything done with a single needle....always multiples

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Look what I started....Dang!

I'm a mother kicking her kids out to 'go play'

Ok boys, I gotta stay on topic now...Mamma needs to do her wash and stuffs...you boys go play in the park. I love yas dearly but now....

shooo!

Get yer arses on over to The Tat Parlour

If yer good boys when you come back, the next rounds on me.

Love yas

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
check this out..
this is actually what 'a needle' looks like...

it is a cluster of needles fixed to a bar

www.izebodyart.com...

these are the needle bars...solder your needle cluster to the bar and you are ready to go....
www.boenmedical.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join